4-star CB Elam updates the latest with Miami

View as article
Improvement every year from a Golden led team and this what you type. It’s some weird people on this site
Some of these mfs insane, yes we have 4 relatively green coaches on defense but fly the ******* banner? Come on now that’s just bat sh*t crazy. These people need to get a better perspective on everything. We won 10(11) games which is the most we have had since 2003-2004 season.... recruiting overall is trending up the last few years and the depth is building on the team. Sure everything is not perfect but it’s better than anything we have had since the butch Davis/Coker staff. I’m fine with Banda and rumph coaching wise the safety and db play has been the best it’s been in the last decade these last 2 years. Patke pretty much coached the linebackers last year day in and day out even as an assistant. He just got a title enhancement but he’s been doing that...imo the linebackers didn’t improve in their second years as they were just steady. Jury is still out on him and obviously Simpson since he’s new but in this scheme our Dline will produce regardless. For as good as kool was nfl scouts often deemed our dlineman prospects raw which is an indictment on the coach. So hopefully he can improve the guys on the little things.

Last edited:
Advertisement
FUQ ALL YALL

I don't believe **** until I see it and by year 3 I hope we resemble a fundamentally sound team

So would anyone be mad once Manny takes a HC job somewhere. Lose him plus Banda and Patke. New DC for sure wouldn’t keep Rumph. Simpson would bolt for the league.

Everyone happy???
People should be careful what they wish for...

Richt ain't hiring some hotshot big name DC to replace Diaz, it will be an unknown inexperienced HS coach most likely from Georgia.

I know that's not what you're saying Sig, I just think everyone who always wants to fire Diaz is thinking we'll upgrade & they're completely underestimating how Richt really didn't get along with hotshots at UGA, which is why he's avoided hiring them here at Miami.

People should be careful what they wish for...

Richt ain't hiring some hotshot big name DC to replace Diaz, it will be an unknown inexperienced HS coach most likely from Georgia.

I know that's not what you're saying Sig, I just think everyone who always wants to fire Diaz is thinking we'll upgrade & they're completely underestimating how Richt really didn't get along with hotshots at UGA, which is why he's avoided hiring them here at Miami.

Why do you think that is? Seems like he wants a Veneables/L Johnson/Beamer relationship where he knows the coach won't flake out on him. I can understand keeping it in-house but that's not always the right, or best, way especially if they're not established.

Advertisement
Why do you think that is? Seems like he wants a Veneables/L Johnson/Beamer relationship where he knows the coach won't flake out on him. I can understand keeping it in-house but that's not always the right, or best, way especially if they're not established.

You and @Liberty City El are saying the same thing. My calling card on Richt is the fact he prefers loyalty to a fault sometimes. That’s just our coach. So he will approach his business the same.

And El my comment was sarcastic as I believe the same. We won’t ever see a big splash OC/DC out of Richt at Miami.

You don’t need a big splash at DC at UM. Any competent DC can do at least as well as Diaz has done.

You don’t need a big splash at DC at UM. Any competent DC can do at least as well as Diaz has done.
I don't think so either. At the same time, you want someone who excels and or is the best at something--development, turnovers, havoc rate, etc.

When Diaz does inevitably leave hopefully we replace him with someone that can recruit as well.

Advertisement
Wasn’t Richt going after Aranda before Diaz? He’ll go after a big name if he feels it’s the right guy, since he’s empowering the DC to make hires/offers/etc.

Yall sleeping on the recruiting classes shannon brought in, go back and look at how many of them are in the nfl, and dont be hypocrites and say they are their because of better coaching cause if that's the case than the whole team should make it somewhere in the nfl with better coaching. People talk about shannon when it was shannon who actually help to put Miami back on the map talent wise. The moron before him and the moron after him are the ones yall should be disgusted at, he did a better job as a headcoach than the both of them.

The facts tell the True story, but why are people bashing this coaching staff recruiting wise, it's comical, we not trying to win a recruiting website's #1 class ranking, people who dont know football get caught in the star wars, real coaches know talent when they see it, and right now nobody has done it better than what butch davis has done at UM and Unc, people forget, had that Unc team not had all those suspensions, they more than likely would've won the national championship that year. They opened up with Lsu, and gave em **** with about 9 starters suspended.

As long as coach richt is the headcoach, we straight!

You have to be related to Shannon.
If you want be to agree that Shannon was better than golden fine....but that still doesn't make him anything more the a terrible coach that's better than another terrible coach.
Point being regardless if he is better than golden he is still terrible.

Someone please find the gif of Whipple calling Shannon a dumb ***** because he wouldn't call timeout before the half.

In true Shannon form he wouldn't let people do their jobs.
Did it with Palermo
Did it with Bill Young
I'm sure he did it with Whipple

Advertisement
Our defense will improve when our QB play improves. Diaz has done a good job so far, so I'm reserving any further judgment until we can find a way to extend drives on O.

Advertisement
This!!! Diaz’s guys playing way too long rn because we can’t stay on the field.
Not this dopey **** again. Was the defense tired when sorry *** Benkert tore them to shreds in the first half or when mediocre Kelly Bryant completed his first 20 passes on them?

Diaz made every **** QB we faced look like Tom Brady including that Wisconsin bum.

Our defense will improve when our QB play improves. Diaz has done a good job so far, so I'm reserving any further judgment until we can find a way to extend drives on O.
In that same line of thinking he needs to find ways to get off the field and not give up 3rd and longs like we often do. Look at how many plays team runs on us it’s because they are converting 3rd downs and extending drives. Yes the offense could stay on the field more but the defense ultimately plays the biggest role in why it’s on the field too long . Get off the field period

Last edited:
The real issue is, what can we do to recruit like that at Miami? Despite what everybody would like to helieve, we rarely stacked chips like that. At RB, we were lucky to get one elite RB per year--like Davenport, Edge, Portis, McGahee (and maybe throw in James Jackson). Even Portis was underrated and maybe not an elite prospect who turned into an elite college back.

We need to win, first. Then develop quality competition and depth at QB and in the trenches.

Advertisement
Back