4-star 2021 WR Jacolby George sets a commitment date

If he wants back in George is a take all day.

He's a perfect fit in our offense & is the classic take the top off the Defense stretch the field type. He's a natural playmaker with very good long speed, the 40 time is not indicative of his play speed, he's got very good feet & transitions in & out of his breaks smoothly. His release is textbook & he runs crisp & precise routes, his out & post/corner routes are clean AF. Plus you can move him all along the WR line, he can play X, Slot or Flanker.

Kid had over 1,000yds & 12TD's last year at over 22ypc & was the only one making plays on the filed for Plantation vs STA. He plays a lot like a skinnier Dredrick Snelson who didn't test well either coming out of AH/Flanagan but was very productive in a similar style uptempo spread/Air Raid that we'll be running here.

If it's between us, GTech & PSU we gotta like our chances if we want him, you take George & figure out the rest later.
Exactly bruh. I've been around this game for my whole life and I've seen 4.3 guys play like 4.5 guys in pads and 4.7 guys play like 4.5 guys in pads. George, if he still runs a 4.7(I think he's faster now), definitely falls in the latter group. I don't care about a 4.7 40(although he looks like he'll run way faster than that now), kid's film shows that he gets something we ain't seen outta our WR corps in forever. Separation. Tons and tons of it. And like my brother @gogeta4 said, he ain't smokin' Bumville High and ****eater Tech. He's scorchin' teams like STA and Chaminade. And he's productive in every setting. I'm pretty sure he ran that 4.7 then proceeded to kick *** in 1-on-1's all day long. Take him and skip the mental gymnastics. It really ain't that hard. I'll never let a 40 time from the off-season after 9th grade trick me out of taking a guy that I watched toy with guys we've recruited and/or offered...

Advertisement
I'm taking a SoFLA receiver like George all day over Nabers. Until we start winning and prove our on-field product I'm not trusting a kid ranked in the top 10 from LA to sign with us. Just not doing it. I think the reason George doesn't have significantly more big time offers is because after schools speak with him they believe he's a STRONG Miami lean.

Seeing that Brooks is likely off the board headed to UF, Alexis-George-Brinson and one "UTR" kid like Q Skinner would do it us at WR. If Nabers absolutely wanted in I'd take him but it would be as apart of our 5WR class. I'm just not seeing the 3 WR projected class and then ALSO making a kid smack dab in the middle of SEC country apart of it. That sounds like a "us scrambling at the last hour" situation just waiting to happen when he flips once LSU says "okay, we have a spot for you" 2 days before early signing day.
I get where you're coming from but lsu is highly unlikely to have room for nabers
I'm taking a SoFLA receiver like George all day over Nabers. Until we start winning and prove our on-field product I'm not trusting a kid ranked in the top 10 from LA to sign with us. Just not doing it. I think the reason George doesn't have significantly more big time offers is because after schools speak with him they believe he's a STRONG Miami lean.

Seeing that Brooks is likely off the board headed to UF, Alexis-George-Brinson and one "UTR" kid like Q Skinner would do it us at WR. If Nabers absolutely wanted in I'd take him but it would be as apart of our 5WR class. I'm just not seeing the 3 WR projected class and then ALSO making a kid smack dab in the middle of SEC country apart of it. That sounds like a "us scrambling at the last hour" situation just waiting to happen when he flips once LSU says "okay, we have a spot for you" 2 days before early signing day.
We can take both, lsu will unlikely have room for nabers & it doesn't seem like Bama, Uga, or Auburn are chasing him. Just gotta see how lash/likens value him on their board. I'd assume brooks, brinson, alexis are the highest tier guys right now but who knows.

I saw him live at Under Armour a couple months ago and there is no way he runs 4.7. He’s also longer than you’d think.

If the Opening hadn’t gotten canceled, my guess is he’d measure at 5’11 running low 4.5s. But he plays even faster than that.

I saw him live at Under Armour a couple months ago and there is no way he runs 4.7. He’s also longer than you’d think.

If the Opening hadn’t gotten canceled, my guess is he’d measure at 5’11 running low 4.5s. But he plays even faster than that.
Any concerns about him being a guy that decommits again, if he does commit to us in June?

Advertisement
Exactly bruh. I've been around this game for my whole life and I've seen 4.3 guys play like 4.5 guys in pads and 4.7 guys play like 4.5 guys in pads. George, if he still runs a 4.7(I think he's faster now), definitely falls in the latter group. I don't care about a 4.7 40(although he looks like he'll run way faster than that now), kid's film shows that he gets something we ain't seen outta our WR corps in forever. Separation. Tons and tons of it. And like my brother @gogeta4 said, he ain't smokin' Bumville High and ****eater Tech. He's scorchin' teams like STA and Chaminade. And he's productive in every setting. I'm pretty sure he ran that 4.7 then proceeded to kick *** in 1-on-1's all day long. Take him and skip the mental gymnastics. It really ain't that hard. I'll never let a 40 time from the off-season after 9th grade trick me out of taking a guy that I watched toy with guys we've recruited and/or offered...
Big facts familia!

You don't average over 20 yards per catch vs 7A Broward comp if you're slow, anybody that has seen him play can tell you all the kid does is stretch the field. He's the Deep threat for Plantation, doesn't make sense to make a slow WR your Deep threat lol. He lit up that Hialeah Defense & gave STA's secondary work. He's got good hands & gets open.

You take him all day & let the rest play out. We gave this kid his first P5 offer, no reason not to take him & be rewarded for the fruits of our labor & scouting.

Especially in this new system, he can be a more than productive WR for us, it's a no brainer.

Everybody calm down. Ivins already said that there’s so many WRs on the board that decisions have to be made MEANING that there’s no idea where he falls on the board. If he doesn’t at least have an idea then he’s probably not that high up. He knows Nabers is a priority, knows Alexis is a priority, he knows Keon Johnson is a priority, he knows Mello Brinson is a priority, he knows Yul is behind Alexis with Brashard behind him but he doesn’t know where George falls? C’mon y’all always do this to yourselves.

Advertisement
I get where you're coming from but lsu is highly unlikely to have room for nabers
We can take both, lsu will unlikely have room for nabers & it doesn't seem like Bama, Uga, or Auburn are chasing him. Just gotta see how lash/likens value him on their board. I'd assume brooks, brinson, alexis are the highest tier guys right now but who knows.
Auburn is like that snake in the grass kinda guy who pays zero attention to a chick until someone he knows starts dating her. You can better believe they have eyes on Nabers

Redding is what we been missing at wr. He’s hungry.
I’m a huge fan of the entire 2020 WR class. Probably much more so on Worsham than most. I think his feet and routes and hands/ball skills are high level. Redding has big time potential physically, checks every box. Smith was a steal late. Type of WR who was at at Wash St or Boise and put up huge numbers. Then, I think everybody thinks Restrepo will be a player in the slot. Great class.

Lashlee and Likens should lock down both George and Brown the moment they are ready to (re)commit. Don't wait for Nabers or anyone else, find room later. These are Miami kids who will win games for us.

I mean Nabers is still a better overall receiver imo than George or Brinson in terms of fit for the new offense. That's why Lashlee is pushing so hard for him. George is a take given the playmaking ability and Brinson because of his size/speed combo, but Nabers is similar to SMU's greatest weapon James Proche. He can be used all around in the offense. I think the reason we are hesitant on George is because we think we have a chance at better guys and better scheme fits. I would think Alexis, Nabers, Y. Brown are the top 3 in terms of scheme fit.

Advertisement
Everybody calm down. Ivins already said that there’s so many WRs on the board that decisions have to be made MEANING that there’s no idea where he falls on the board. If he doesn’t at least have an idea then he’s probably not that high up. He knows Nabers is a priority, knows Alexis is a priority, he knows Keon Johnson is a priority, he knows Mello Brinson is a priority, he knows Yul is behind Alexis with Brashard behind him but he doesn’t know where George falls? C’mon y’all always do this to yourselves.

Do what?

People thinking George is a 4.7 are the same people who think Dunson is a 4.9. Watch them play and they play at a different speed than everybody else. So, if they are 4.7/4.8/4.9, then everybody else is 5.0+. Sometimes HS kids have a bad run or don’t time well because they don’t know what they are doing. A verified 40 is a starting point but it isn’t the best all end all for determining if a HS kid is “fast”.

Advertisement
I’m a huge fan of the entire 2020 WR class. Probably much more so on Worsham than most. I think his feet and routes and hands/ball skills are high level. Redding has big time potential physically, checks every box. Smith was a steal late. Type of WR who was at at Wash St or Boise and put up huge numbers. Then, I think everybody thinks Restrepo will be a player in the slot. Great class.

I'm also excited that they get to build a strong foundation with Likens and Lashlee coaching them from day 1. No hate on our current guys, but I feel as though Pope, Harley, and Wiggins aren't great with their fundamentals. They struggle to be real difference makers given their strengths. It could have just been the playcalling and QB play, but even so, they seemed to just disappear in a lot of games. This WR class we brought in is different because each guy seems to have a defined strength and will find a role in the offense based on that. Worsham and Restrepo as excellent route guys who can move the sticks, Redding being a KJ Osborn type short to mid type of guy who can set hard blocks, and Smith being able to stretch the field with his length. This year their impact will be limited because of the guys in front of them, but next year you get them as sophomores plus Payton, who should be the de-facto #1, and hopefully one of Pope or Wiggins stay and elevate their games to be a #2.

I mean Nabers is still a better overall receiver imo than George or Brinson in terms of fit for the new offense. That's why Lashlee is pushing so hard for him. George is a take given the playmaking ability and Brinson because of his size/speed combo, but Nabers is similar to SMU's greatest weapon James Proche. He can be used all around in the offense. I think the reason we are hesitant on George is because we think we have a chance at better guys and better scheme fits. I would think Alexis, Nabers, Y. Brown are the top 3 in terms of scheme fit.

It's a nice problem to have: 3 out of Brinson, Brown, Nabers, Alexis and George. And, of course, Brooks might want in if we have a 10-win ACCCG season. But I do think you take the locals over Nabers in this situation, assuming they want in, especially if Brown is okay coming in as an athlete.

People thinking George is a 4.7 are the same people who think Dunson is a 4.9. Watch them play and they play at a different speed than everybody else. So, if they are 4.7/4.8/4.9, then everybody else is 5.0+. Sometimes HS kids have a bad run or don’t time well because they don’t know what they are doing. A verified 40 is a starting point but it isn’t the best all end all for determining if a HS kid is “fast”.

Verified 40s are important but people need to take sophomore testing with a huge grain of salt. There is usually a huge jump. Avantae Williams went from 4.7 and 4.65 shuttle to 4.52 and 4.2 shuttle. I'd expect George to make a similar leap given the way he moves.

Big facts familia!

You don't average over 20 yards per catch vs 7A Broward comp if you're slow, anybody that has seen him play can tell you all the kid does is stretch the field. He's the Deep threat for Plantation, doesn't make sense to make a slow WR your Deep threat lol. He lit up that Hialeah Defense & gave STA's secondary work. He's got good hands & gets open.

You take him all day & let the rest play out. We gave this kid his first P5 offer, no reason not to take him & be rewarded for the fruits of our labor & scouting.

Especially in this new system, he can be a more than productive WR for us, it's a no brainer.
Yup you know we see eye to eye on George. Another caveat he brings to the table is how dangerous he is when a play breaks down. Kid is gonna be a nightmare in the scramble drill. It just seems like he does a lot of the little things that our WRs don't...

Advertisement
Back