4-star 2021 WR Jacolby George sets a commitment date

Where the **** did you come from?

Geo coming in like when Sting came back out of nowhere

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Z, you’re putting way too much stock into sophomore testing numbers. Lance can point out that there is a big jump in testing numbers from soph testing to right before senior year. Technique, training etc.

George is not a 4.7 guy. If you believe that, then speak with Avantae Williams who had that same type of jump from soph testing to right before senior year.

I think it’s Miami for him off what I know. I’ll gladly take him.

It’s probably been discussed a lot but any combination of 4 of Alexis, Brinson, George, Yulkeith, Brashard and Nabers is a great class at WR. The crop is not as strong locally in 2022 as it is this year. About 1-2, maybe 3 worth looking into next year locally. Strike the iron while it’s hot down here. Scale back next year and take 1 or 2 cause the 2023 crop has tons.
In regards to Yulkeith and Brashard. Believe they are leaning more towards Yulkeith if he were to make it into this class. While researching on Lashlee and Likens during this whole C-19 pandemic, came across that they have had utility guys like that in the past and with very good success moving them around the field from the slot to the backfield.

My educated guess is Alexis, Brinson, George and the last spot between if Nabers wants in, if not then Yul and then Brashard after. Brooks a guy you just stay on and make room if he wants in down the line.
Wasn’t about the kid even though I don’t like taking him over Yul. That was directed from a comment made by Ivins saying they were looking for length then poof! Somebody we haven’t talked about since he decommitted is now in the race.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wasn’t about the kid even though I don’t like taking him over Yul. That was directed from a comment made by Ivins saying they were looking for length then poof! Somebody we haven’t talked about since he decommitted is now in the race.
I like both but let’s be honest. George is way more refined and has played WR much longer. Yulkeith can be a very good player as a RB or WR or even CB at the P5 level but if we’re talking strictly WR you have to go with George just off facts alone at this stage.

I think it’s comparing apples to oranges though because if Yul ends up at Miami, I think he will be used in multiple ways similar to utility players Lashlee and Likens had in their past stops.

If I’m a betting man, I know there is a lot of positive news with Nabers lately but he still hasn’t visited and he’s in sec territory. Nabers somewhere in the sec. Yul to Miami. Brashard will end up back at UF or somewhere sec. Brooks in the sec but I don’t think UF when pen comes to paper, even they are not confident he would stick. I think things could get interesting with Brooks depending what our season turns out to be but it’s a lot of hypothetical there and we’ve had discussions about kids like that in the past, so we cross that bridge when we get there. Regardless I don’t think Brooks would make or break the class, Alexis is my #1 guy and it seems like the staff is treating it the same as well, and they are right. His ceiling is massive.

im talking about jacory brooks nvm :ROFLMAO:
No one is saying we’re getting him but his recruitment is far from over even if he committed somewhere today. That is why you stay on him regardless of what he does now.

He’s the type of kid you stay on, play out your season and you gauge interest when it’s almost time to put pen to paper. Kids minds change fast, a year ago Miami was in the driver seat to get the palmetto kids and was once considered the leader for Brooks.

In recruiting you prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Never leave all eggs in a basket ‘cause as we’ve seen time and time again, it has bit Miami far too many times. Defaulting on a kid in the summer would be a terrible approach. I don’t think he comes here as of today but last summer I didn’t think Avantae Williams would end up at Miami either, this is why you recruit nonstop.

Huh? We’ve been recruiting him since he decommitted and he’s consistently listed us in his top group.

Advertisement
I’ve seen George in person a few times. He’s not a 4.7 player on the field and none of his other testing numbers indicate a poor athlete. I don’t think he’s a can’t miss, pound the table prospect but he’s better than some of the WRs we’ve signed in recent years.

In case you can’t get anyone better then you keep him rather than take a fringe player. This is how we need to start recruiting.

Exactly. It’s time we stop holding out for kids we hope come here and then getting stuck with leftovers bc we burned bridges.

Advertisement
“I believe I have chosen where I want to attend college” isn’t a ringing endorsement for whichever school he commits to.

Agree, His announcement date being a month away adds to that IMO.
Big decision for him so maybe he's "letting it sink in," a phrase some like to use on this site.

Will say that I kind of like his aproach, as opposed to listing at Top 3, 4, 5 or Top whatever.

Following up on this. You keep on recruiting Brooks regardless of what he does and hopefully we play out a season and then gauge interest. You make room for him phasing out one of the four you’re trying to secure(not named Alexis).

Alexis should be priority number #1 and he is. He has the highest ceiling of anyone we are on and realistically able to get.

While it sounds great about Nabers, I am not ready to buy in stock just yet because I’ve seen us get burned too many times by LA(SEC area kids) when a SEC school comes and makes a late push.
Nice to see you back on the boards. Hope all is well brother.

Z, you’re putting way too much stock into sophomore testing numbers. Lance can point out that there is a big jump in testing numbers from soph testing to right before senior year. Technique, training etc.

George is not a 4.7 guy. If you believe that, then speak with Avantae Williams who had that same type of jump from soph testing to right before senior year.

I think it’s Miami for him off what I know. I’ll gladly take him.

It’s probably been discussed a lot but any combination of 4 of Alexis, Brinson, George, Yulkeith, Brashard and Nabers is a great class at WR. The crop is not as strong locally in 2022 as it is this year. About 1-2, maybe 3 worth looking into next year locally. Strike the iron while it’s hot down here. Scale back next year and take 1 or 2 cause the 2023 crop has tons.

Dont really matter if he ran a 5.0. He lit up a few teams with multiple div 1 dbs last year. Think he had 3 tds against chaminade alone. lol

He should have an in if he wants.

He isnt a bad start to a spread offense.

Advertisement
Back