4-star 2021 WR Jacolby George sets a commitment date

Advertisement
If the offense is what it’s supposed to be, WRs will line up to sign with us. If not, the entire staff should probably be fired anyway.

Those numbers are from his sophomore year dumbass. His junior film is nasty. He's a take all the way.

Oh he’s a take? Could’ve fooled me when Yul isn’t even a take hence why Ivins won’t put a CB in. You shouldn’t guess big dog. Oh and those numbers are from the start of his junior year.

PS: Why are you arguing with me over what Ivins said? You butthurt?

Oh he’s a take? Could’ve fooled me when Yul is even a take hence why Ivins won’t put a CB in. You shouldn’t guess big dog.

PS: Why are you arguing with me over what Ivins said? You butthurt?
That poster is a frickin slapdick. Don't bother getting into it with him.

Advertisement
How is a 4 star recruit a 'fringe' player?
I think you misinterpreted my comment. You take the 4 star in George even if you’d rather someone else and in case you don’t get who you really want you have a 4 star in George rather than some other fringe you have to take because George signed elsewhere.

The ****? So we’re taking 3 WR’s under 6’1? He personally said we’re looking for length.
Unfortunately most of the top kids above 6’2 Are bought and paid for. J Brooks is going to gayville. I doubt there is any 4.5-4.6 dude out there that is 6’4 and no one has heard about. They’re likely just going with the fastest and most elusive dudes that can find and wait till next year unless we change Brinson’s mind.

Advertisement
This guy is a composite 4*, an Under Armour All-American who had a dominant season in pads, in 7-on-7 and in camp.

We need a volume of playmakers for this offense and George would be a great start.

Actually you clearly don’t. The spread is meant to use speed and guess what George doesn’t have? Since I “clearly don’t get the spread”.

#Themoreyouknow
#moar4.7players

Z, you’re putting way too much stock into sophomore testing numbers. Lance can point out that there is a big jump in testing numbers from soph testing to right before senior year. Technique, training etc.

George is not a 4.7 guy. If you believe that, then speak with Avantae Williams who had that same type of jump from soph testing to right before senior year.

I think it’s Miami for him off what I know. I’ll gladly take him.

It’s probably been discussed a lot but any combination of 4 of Alexis, Brinson, George, Yulkeith, Brashard and Nabers is a great class at WR. The crop is not as strong locally in 2022 as it is this year. About 1-2, maybe 3 worth looking into next year locally. Strike the iron while it’s hot down here. Scale back next year and take 1 or 2 cause the 2023 crop has tons.

Advertisement
Z, you’re putting way too much stock into sophomore testing numbers. Lance can point out that there is a big jump in testing numbers from soph testing to right before senior year. Technique, training etc.

George is not a 4.7 guy. If you believe that, then speak with Avantae Williams who had that same type of jump from soph testing to right before senior year.

It’s probably been discussed a lot but any combination of 4 of Alexis, Brinson, George, Yulkeith, Brashard and Nabers is a great class at WR. The crop is not as strong locally in 2022 as it is this year. About 1-2, maybe 3 worth looking into next year locally. Strike the iron while it’s hot down here. Scale back next year and take 1 or 2 cause the 2023 crop has tons.

Following up on this. You keep on recruiting Brooks regardless of what he does and hopefully we play out a season and then gauge interest. You make room for him phasing out one of the four you’re trying to secure(not named Alexis).

Alexis should be priority number #1 and he is. He has the highest ceiling of anyone we are on and realistically able to get.

While it sounds great about Nabers, I am not ready to buy in stock just yet because I’ve seen us get burned too many times by LA(SEC area kids) when a SEC school comes and makes a late push.

If we can lock up nabers & alexis within the next few weeks I'm ok without having george in the class honestly
I'm taking a SoFLA receiver like George all day over Nabers. Until we start winning and prove our on-field product I'm not trusting a kid ranked in the top 10 from LA to sign with us. Just not doing it. I think the reason George doesn't have significantly more big time offers is because after schools speak with him they believe he's a STRONG Miami lean.

Seeing that Brooks is likely off the board headed to UF, Alexis-George-Brinson and one "UTR" kid like Q Skinner would do it us at WR. If Nabers absolutely wanted in I'd take him but it would be as apart of our 5WR class. I'm just not seeing the 3 WR projected class and then ALSO making a kid smack dab in the middle of SEC country apart of it. That sounds like a "us scrambling at the last hour" situation just waiting to happen when he flips once LSU says "okay, we have a spot for you" 2 days before early signing day.

Advertisement

Where the **** did you come from?

In regards to Yulkeith and Brashard. Believe they are leaning more towards Yulkeith if he were to make it into this class. While researching on Lashlee and Likens during this whole C-19 pandemic, came across that they have had utility guys like that in the past and with very good success moving them around the field from the slot to the backfield.

My educated guess is Alexis, Brinson, George and the last spot between if Nabers wants in, if not then Yul and then Brashard after. Brooks a guy you just stay on and make room if he wants in down the line.

I love George's game and would gladly take him back in this class at a position of need. He's a proven baller based on his film and what he's done in 7 on 7 tourneys. Would love to see his new testing numbers since his 4.72 40 was from 2/17/19. My guess is he's sub 4.6 right now.

Also, Ivins compared his game to Ahmmon Richards which I agree with. He's not as long or tall as AR but he's got that same type of game.

Advertisement
Back