4-star 2021 WR Jacolby George sets a commitment date

If he wants back in George is a take all day.

He's a perfect fit in our offense & is the classic take the top off the Defense stretch the field type. He's a natural playmaker with very good long speed, the 40 time is not indicative of his play speed, he's got very good feet & transitions in & out of his breaks smoothly. His release is textbook & he runs crisp & precise routes, his out & post/corner routes are clean AF. Plus you can move him all along the WR line, he can play X, Slot or Flanker.

Kid had over 1,000yds & 12TD's last year at over 22ypc & was the only one making plays on the filed for Plantation vs STA. He plays a lot like a skinnier Dredrick Snelson who didn't test well either coming out of AH/Flanagan but was very productive in a similar style uptempo spread/Air Raid that we'll be running here.

If it's between us, GTech & PSU we gotta like our chances if we want him, you take George & figure out the rest later.

Advertisement
On the topic of WRs, excited to see the progression of someone like Michael Redding III from last years class down the line with Likens. Likens has developed some very good WR’s over the years.
Agreed.

Redding was my favorite WR in last years class, he's got freakish athletic ability & already has a college build before even really hitting the S&C program.

When healthy I think he's going to thrive big time Lash's offense under Likens tutelage, he even has a similar physical frame to Brandon Aiyuk. He has very good ability to make acrobatic catches & has great raw 4.49-4.52 speed.

I like his ball skills, he doesn't play like a 5'11" receiver to me. I think some people on this board are forgetting how fast a 4.48-4.52 really is. I'd rather have a kid that runs a 4.49 in shorts and with pads on than a kid that runs a 4.35 in shorts but is a 4.55 in pads and isn't agile, can't go get the ball, etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's extremely raw and Is going to need a few years of development. Not a take in my opinion with better options available.

If he wants back in George is a take all day.

He's a perfect fit in our offense & is the classic take the top off the Defense stretch the field type. He's a natural playmaker with very good long speed, the 40 time is not indicative of his play speed, he's got very good feet & transitions in & out of his breaks smoothly. His release is textbook & he runs crisp & precise routes, his out & post/corner routes are clean AF. Plus you can move him all along the WR line, he can play X, Slot or Flanker.

Kid had over 1,000yds & 12TD's last year at over 22ypc & was the only one making plays on the filed for Plantation vs STA. He plays a lot like a skinnier Dredrick Snelson who didn't test well either coming out of AH/Flanagan but was very productive in a similar style uptempo spread/Air Raid that we'll be running here. The only thing he does very well is his ball skills and high pointing the ball.Hes got a lot of upside but he likely won't see the field for 2-3 years in.

If it's between us, GTech & PSU we gotta like our chances if we want him, you take George & figure out the rest later.
I disagree on the route running... He looks very stiff when he breaks in his route and it's easy to tell which way he's breaking. That will work on high school CBs but power 5 starting CBs are going to lock him down due to him not having high end speed to make up for it. He would be WR5 in last year's crop and possibly WR6 if Clarke was going to play WR

Advertisement
Advertisement
Having a hard time believing it’s us. They want Nabers, Alexis, and one of Keon Johnson or Mello Brinson. George ain’t got a place.
Nabers is trending our way right now but he's an SEC kid so it's hard to get too excited this far out. Alexis and Brinson seem like potential Miami leans but doesn't sound like they're making decisions anytime soon. You 100% take George's commitment.

No one is saying we’re getting him but his recruitment is far from over even if he committed somewhere today. That is why you stay on him regardless of what he does now.

He’s the type of kid you stay on, play out your season and you gauge interest when it’s almost time to put pen to paper. Kids minds change fast, a year ago Miami was in the driver seat to get the palmetto kids and was once considered the leader for Brooks.

In recruiting you prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Never leave all eggs in a basket ‘cause as we’ve seen time and time again, it has bit Miami far too many times. Defaulting on a kid in the summer would be a terrible approach. I don’t think he comes here as of today but last summer I didn’t think Avantae Williams would end up at Miami either, this is why you recruit nonstop.
Geo!!! Where U been Bwoi?!?!

Advertisement
Back