4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Miami has to start overbidding for good players to overlook it’s sh1tty 20 history
Nope.

We're losing some players to Ole Miss and Arkansas. This isn't about NIL and it's not about the last 20 years.

I think a lot of people are justifiably in wait and see mode with the Gattis/Mario combo to see what the offense looks like. Same reason why we haven't had an elite WR commit from HS yet.

Advertisement

I believe Gattis led cfb with the most plays over 20yards.
I have no doubt we’ll do what’s right. It’s the other coaches talking sht that seems to be the issue imo.
Also, these kids aren’t promised to start and we’re you’re one and done I assume you want some guarantees.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Will this mean that Gattis uses Skinner as more of a big WR (he is the fastest TE with 4.53 40 time) and uses Arroyo, Mallory and Mamarelli as the TE's? Hoping that Mallory can get that shoulder healed, strengthened, and last the season without re-injury. Any signs that Brantley is ready to get meaningful TE snaps this season?

Nope.

We're losing some players to Ole Miss and Arkansas. This isn't about NIL and it's not about the last 20 years.

I think a lot of people are justifiably in wait and see mode with the Gattis/Mario combo to see what the offense looks like. Same reason why we haven't had an elite WR commit from HS yet.
Good morning friend,

I disagree, if Miami overpays with FU levels of money……. better players will come.

Miami also needs to understand their own market value is still low despite improvements in the right direction. Miami is basically the Jacksonville jaguars of the ACC trying to enlisted good players at market value

I believe Gattis led cfb with the most plays over 20yards.
I have no doubt we’ll do what’s right. It’s the other coaches talking sht that seems to be the issue imo.
Also, these kids aren’t promised to start and we’re you’re one and done I assume you want some guarantees.
I agree with your take. And I have no problem with coaches using it to their advantage - that’s recruiting. In this specific instance, it is Gattis telling a WR what he would do, vs Kiffin showing him what he has done type thing. I’m ok with that.

Let’s get a WR that elevates the room and show out in the fall.

Advertisement
Wide receivers want to play in a system that features them. Of course opposing coaches are going to bad mouth Gattis' offense. Michigan's top wide receiver caught only 40 passes last year. No other wide receiver caught more than 25 passes. Guys don't want to play in a system where they only get targeted twice a game.

Nope.

Good way for Miami to overcome that perception and improve our chances with elite HS WR is to get an Elite HS QB to commit ASAP. Even if it means we’re overspending on the position.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think early in his career he was over rated but now I think he's completely under rated.
His main thing is he can find a qb.

He puts together a good recruiting staff around that to.

We couldnt miss with Mario or Lane honestly. I like playing Heel...so i was all in on Lane. Then the Columbus boys and NIL happen and now we are HEELS again anyway..so im all in. I relish in Miami being the most hated unlike our admin.

His main thing is he can find a qb.

He puts together a good recruiting staff around that to.

We couldnt miss with Mario or Lane honestly. I like playing Heel...so i was all in on Lane. Then the Columbus boys and NIL happen and now we are HEELS again anyway..so im all in. I relish in Miami being the most hated unlike our admin.
and you’re playing the heel in this thread which I enjoy…

Good way for Miami to overcome that perception and improve our chances with elite HS WR is to get an Elite HS QB to commit ASAP. Even if it means we’re overspending on the position.

Not sure that's right.

We have a first-round draft choice as QB 1.

His backups are an elite QB who had his own tv show, whom everyone thought was good enough to start last year (Gracia)

The backup to him is another highly recruited QB with freakish athletic ability (Jaccuri).

Sorry, but if WR's we are targeting aren't coming here, it's not because of the QB room.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back