4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

We have two really good te’s and Skinner is a lot further along than most expected. I’d like to see him get used outside, moved around like a big wr. Have packages with him , Arroyo and Mallory.
Absolutely. Skinner is the big-bodied pass catcher we need. I see him bodying up some dudes for TD's this year.

Advertisement
Who is the fastest WR on the roster? Are they all 4.5 guys besides B. Smith? Sounds like we have a bunch of Cooper Kupp and no Robert Woods
Keyshawn S showed some serious speed freshman year but didnt really see the deep ball at all last year. Thought he could be the guy, maybe not as fast as i/we thought?

Keyshawn S showed some serious speed freshman year but didnt really see the deep ball at all last year. Thought he could be the guy, maybe not as fast as i/we thought?
Not a speed issue with Key. Easier to resolve, hopefully, though. It’s more that Mario wants an experienced guy who runs routes well and can be a deep ball threat (so, speed guys). We have those kinds of guys on the current roster but they aren’t experienced/consistent and some are having trouble (I know, I know) grasping the playbook Gattis wants. Miami is going to keep trying to get a WR in the mould they want through the portal, mainly, for this reason.

Absolutely. Skinner is the big-bodied pass catcher we need. I see him bodying up some dudes for TD's this year.
Not picking on you, but this is the sort of response that screams rationalization after missing out. I agree Skinner has potential and am looking forward to what he brings to the table. But, he is a true frosh, third-string TE right now, And, on running downs, probably 4th behind Mammarelli. He is not the solution for this upcoming season.

It‘s rather simple. The coaches know we need help at WR. They took a swing at multiple guys and missed for various reasons. No shame. It wasn’t for lack of effort, but they did miss. I’m not disappointed because with Mario we will always get our share, but call it what it is.

Now, it’s time to dance with the girls we brought to the dance. No coach will be scrutinized more than Gattis who coaches the entire offense and the WRs. He will be under the microscope all year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not picking on you, but this is the sort of response that screams rationalization. I agree Skinner has potential and am looking forward to what he brings to the table. But, he is a true frosh, third-string TE and on running downs probably 4th behind Mammarelli. He is not the solution.

It‘s rather simple. The coaches know we need help at WR. The took a swing at multiple guys and missed for various reasons. No shame. But, they did miss.

Now it’s time to dance with the girls we brought to the dance. No coach will be scrutinized more than Gattis who coaches the entire offense and the WRs. He will be under the microscope all year.
Not saying he's WR1, lol. Or even TE2. I do see him getting PT due to versatility, and bodying up some dudes for 2-3 TD's in certain packages.

We have missed on what we really need....a guy can who can take the top off and has a productive history in CFB. We tried, we didn't get the guy. I'm with you, too, on Gattis being under the microscope, but he's compensated for that and weathered that at Michigan. Hopefully he can do it here.

No need to assess one post as "screaming rationalization." We're all here to share takes here and there. I leave the screaming up to my preschool aged kid in the background when I get consumed with the boards.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami has to start overbidding for good players to overlook it’s sh1tty 20 history
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Advertisement
Lashlee just kicked out a receiver and landed another one. Most of those dudes they got from the portal are very good and dudes we should’ve gone after too.
Lashlee just had his best receiver go undrafted in Rambo but has not had a problem in the portal.
Rambo came to play for that offense.

I don't have any narrative or agenda to support. It’s just what I’m seeing. I prefer Mario over lane any day and twice on Sunday. And Gattis had a really good offense going at Michigan. But the results at portal receiver aren’t matching the effort or at least the effort they appear to be putting in.

It’s an opinion based on observation. I don’t have any juice on or off here to try to support some narrative or agenda.
We’re barely holding on to the receivers down here in the 23 class despite having the best qb in a very long time. But we’re having no problems with running backs.

I also said we’re gonna have to show that we can throw the ball as much as we run it with the dudes we have to prove any negative recruiting wrong.
Lane was always the quick fix, his offense would of attracted a lot of players from the portal who would play right away. Mario was the road to long term stability and having the same coach for 20 years while winning 9+ games every year, as for his offense? I really don't know what to expect... Maybe a lot of 15 play 75 yard drives.

Whelp looks like we’re gonna roll with what we have barring some crazy out of left field grad transfer

Gotta hope it clicks for Key, George, or who I guess they thought was gonna be the man in Ladson.

I know X will be doing his thing in the slot but we need someone on the outside with more than a pulse to get it going

Advertisement
Back