4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Advertisement
I think you’re right when you mentioned Miami is being negatively recruited. That’s a fact. Where I attended college is absolutely doing it. The reason you gave is wrong in my opinion.

Miami and Auburn recruit a lot of the same players. Auburn’s coaching staph are specifically telling recruits to look at the NFL draft at ANY position this year and giving that reason why it’s not a good idea to go to Miami. Not because of the offense or defense they’re running. Picture is simply much bigger than that.

If you want, I can give you another 4 schools that I know for sure are saying the same thing. You guys like to be as a matter of fact because you have your own narrative and agenda to support. The picture is much bigger.

Miami and it’s new staff needs to put a competitive product on the field and win games. The ones they are suppose to win, they need to win convincingly. Knocking off a team that you’re not expected to beat also matters. Getting your best players drafted at their respective positions in the first 4 rounds matters as well.

Develop your talent. Win games. Get your best talent drafted early. That only reduces the amount of negative recruiting going on against Miami. It will never completely cease. It’s a very competitive business. The good progrums and fan bases embrace it with a willingness to compete against the very best for the ultimate prize.
Lashlee just kicked out a receiver and landed another one. Most of those dudes they got from the portal are very good and dudes we should’ve gone after too.
Lashlee just had his best receiver go undrafted in Rambo but has not had a problem in the portal.
Rambo came to play for that offense.

I don't have any narrative or agenda to support. It’s just what I’m seeing. I prefer Mario over lane any day and twice on Sunday. And Gattis had a really good offense going at Michigan. But the results at portal receiver aren’t matching the effort or at least the effort they appear to be putting in.

It’s an opinion based on observation. I don’t have any juice on or off here to try to support some narrative or agenda.
We’re barely holding on to the receivers down here in the 23 class despite having the best qb in a very long time. But we’re having no problems with running backs.

I also said we’re gonna have to show that we can throw the ball as much as we run it with the dudes we have to prove any negative recruiting wrong.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Listen.. I'm not playing the "he didn't sign with us so he sucks now" card (check my posts). But the guy led the nation in dropped passes in 2020, then missed all but 6 games last year. In 2020 he had more drops than Wiggins and Pope COMBINED.

Maybe he turned a corner in those 6 games. Idk. Fast or not though, everyone on this board would have hated hated HATED him if we replaced Wiggins and Pope with a guy who drops passes like they do.

We didn't dodge a bullet or anything like that because we absolutely need his speed. But he wasn't worth breaking the bank over. Is what it is.
Not a popular opinion but I low key wish we still had Wiggins on this roster. Not necessarily as a trusted starter but he absolutely could come in and help stretch the field and not from some tiny 5'-9" frame either. He just wasn't mentally strong but the irony is if anyone could help in that regard it would have been this coaching staff.

Advertisement
Rationalizations are a tried & true Canes fan tradition lol

Facts. No one said this kid was the next Jerry Jeudy. But he would have done what we needed to be done, which was blow the top off the coverage. We do not have that weapon at this point. I'm all for putting Mallory or another TE wide, I'm all for using our RBs as receiving weapons. Love creating mismatches.

But tell me the receiver who's going to put the safeties on their heels, maybe cause them to take a step or two back, or flip their hips a step or too earlier, or at least force them to pay attention? I sure hope B Smith or Curtis or a grad transfer can provide that. Otherwise it's one less dimensional threat for DCs to worry about.

Who is the fastest WR on the roster? Are they all 4.5 guys besides B. Smith? Sounds like we have a bunch of Cooper Kupp and no Robert Woods

Advertisement
Can we not pretend like this kid sucks all of a sudden please. I'm not saying we're completely ****ed or anything like that but this was a miss, simple as that. No need to make a bunch of excuses. Luckily we don't have Manny and this staff will figure something out.
not a miss. late push for a kid who never really had us as a high ranking option.

Advertisement
Back