4/21 Scrimmage Stats

Advertisement
He’s 6’4” tops. Lying about his height doesn’t change his skill level. Rousseau is 6’6” to 6’7” which is pretty freakish. No need to exaggerate it
He’s 6’5, same height as chad. Who’s lying ? That’s what he measured at since he’s been at miami.

Futhermore all of Matt patchans sons are 6’5 plus (Matt patchan jr 6’7, Brandon patchan 6’6 basketball player and Scott Patchan 6’5 or 6’6

Last edited:
The ACC is the best conference in the country. I guess you're just a typical SEC slurping clown. lmao. As long as we average 10 wins per year like Richt did at UGA, he will be here FOREVER.

Mark Richt aint going anywhere unless he wants to go anywhere. The school will shut down the program as a big **** you to dumb fans like you before they fire him. Fly the banner again, this administration will laugh in your face and give Richt a 10 year contract extension.

The ACC is 100% the best if you don't count the B1G and the SEC.

Lets be honest.. we're Canes fans we expect titles, national titles. You honestly believe us Miami fans will settle for 6+ years of the Miami version of Mark Richt's Georgia Bulldogs in the ACC? THE ACC? VT and FSU being the only real competitors year in and year out? Stop it. Not to mention with Georgia having the success they're having it will make this fan base envious. We get restless pretty quickly. If we were to go 8-4 this year how fast do you think the tune of Canes fans about Richt will change? If whats going on with Whiteside is any indicator it will be fast.

If my agenda is not lowering my standards for this program to the level of Michigan State just because we've fallen on hard times then I'm fine with that. My eyes are always on the title PERIOD. I'm having this same problem with Heat fans. This love affair with a mediocre basketball team gets annoying.

Please just stop it! We've gone 12 or 13 years regularly sweating out games against teams like...DUKE!!! During that period any rational thinking Canes fan would have mortgaged a family member to have had the record Coach Richt posted at Georgia. Instead of attacking Coach Richt you should fall down on your knees and pray that he does not leave the program. Reality can be a tough thing to accept, but living in a make believe world always has a bad ending. Based on reality...Coach Richt has been nothing short of a savior.

I just want more decisive victories. No more letting an injury riddled 1-7 UNC teams hang around when our backup's backup should be in the game by the 4th QTR. Our margin of victory against P5 teams was ***. We should not be in a situation where we have to be clutch against teams struggling for bowl eligibility UNLESS it on the road in an electric loud atmosphere. We can't be at home in a relatively packed stadium struggling to beat GT and Syracuse man.

I agree with that, but it seems like you're not acknowledging blowing out a couple of pretty good teams either.

Advertisement
Does anyone take our season into context? We won about 5 close games and none of those teams were good. We got a lot of lucky bounces. A LOT. That was mostly due to our QB inability to make simple throws and drive the ball down the field.

Okaaaay.... Keep thinking we're going to find the same type of luck (combine with getting all those turnovers) this year. Anyone with eyes could see were more then fortunate to win 10 games last year. When the luck ran out we lost by double digits.

Give me the QB who realistically has the ceiling and chance to improve so we aren't in this position next year. Sorry.

I don’t agree w u much; but ur spot on w this post. I re-watched a lot of our games from last year; our def were pit bulls...our offense made UNC, UVA, Pitt, FSU, GT and Toledo’s defenses look dominant.

Ppl only remember the end result, but they don’t recall that we were down 16-10 at ht against Toledo. They don’t recall it took last minute efforts to defeat a 3-9 UNC team. They forget we were down 28-14 to a bad UVA team or down 24-16 to a 5-6 GT team in the 4th!

We won 10 games despite Rosier. We lost 3 games in a row, including blowing a 14-0 lead against a slow Wisc team. Rosier completed .500 or less in 6 out of our 13 games!!! That’s 46% of our games he’s completing 50% or below!

Give me Jarren Williams; give me the guy w the ceiling. There’s a difference between working on accuracy and just being inaccurate.

QUARTERBACK

Malik Rosier 3-4, 82 yards, TD

N’Kosi Perry 7-12, 54

Jarren Williams 2-3, 31; also ran twice for 13 yards

Cade Weldon [who returned to practice this week off an eye infection] 9-12, 113 yards (“He did a really good job,” Richt said.)

RUNNING BACK

Travis Homer 4 carries, 29 yards

Lorenzo Lingard 7-30; he also had a 13-yard reception

Robert Burns 8-31; also caught a screen for a 26-yard gain

Deejay Dallas 1-5

WIDE RECEIVER

Darrell Langham 3 catches, 32 yards, TD

Michael Irvin Jr. 5-65

Brian Hightower 1-25

Dayall Harris 2-39

Jeff Thomas 3-50 (“he had a pretty good day,” Richt said)

Brian Polendey 2-9

Dee Wiggins 2-15

Mike Harley 1-6

DEFENSE

BJ Jennings 5 tackles

Gregory Rousseau 4 tackles, 2 sacks

Joe Jackson 1 tackle, sack

Romeo Finley 1 tackle, sack

Mike Pinckey 4 tackles

Robert Knowles 4 tackles

Terry McCray 4 tackles

Amari Carter 3 tackles

Jimmy Murphy 3 tackles

Jon Garvin 2 tackles, sack

Gerald Willis 2 tackles, PBU

Jaquan Johnson 2 tackles

Derrick Smith 2 tackles

DJ Ivey 2 tackles

Jhavonte Dean 2 tackles

Gil Frierson 2 tackles

I don’t agree w u much; but ur spot on w this post. I re-watched a lot of our games from last year; our def were pit bulls...our offense made UNC, UVA, Pitt, FSU, GT and Toledo’s defenses look dominant.

Ppl only remember the end result, but they don’t recall that we were down 16-10 at ht against Toledo. They don’t recall it took last minute efforts to defeat a 3-9 UNC team. They forget we were down 28-14 to a bad UVA team or down 24-16 to a 5-6 GT team in the 4th!

We won 10 games despite Rosier. We lost 3 games in a row, including blowing a 14-0 lead against a slow Wisc team. Rosier completed .500 or less in 6 out of our 13 games!!! That’s 46% of our games he’s completing 50% or below!

Give me Jarren Williams; give me the guy w the ceiling. There’s a difference between working on accuracy and just being inaccurate.

You realize you're agreeing with the guy who knows that Richt has already decided to red-shirt Williams right? Just because the broken clock is on twice a day doesn't mean it isn't a crap clock.

Advertisement
Lets be honest.. we're Canes fans we expect titles, national titles. You honestly believe us Miami fans will settle for 6+ years of the Miami version of Mark Richt's Georgia Bulldogs in the ACC? THE ACC? VT and FSU being the only real competitors year in and year out? Stop it. Not to mention with Georgia having the success they're having it will make this fan base envious. We get restless pretty quickly. If we were to go 8-4 this year how fast do you think the tune of Canes fans about Richt will change? If whats going on with Whiteside is any indicator it will be fast.

If my agenda is not lowering my standards for this program to the level of Michigan State just because we've fallen on hard times then I'm fine with that. My eyes are always on the title PERIOD. I'm having this same problem with Heat fans. This love affair with a mediocre basketball team gets annoying.

Ok lets be honest, almost every statement you made is wrong with the exception of Heat fans being annoying.

First we expect to be competing for national titles. When you have not won one in 15+ years you can't expect to just turn into bama overnight. Miami fans absolutely would settle for Richts bulldogs, at least for 6 years. Yeah, we are so restless we almost settled for GOLDEN for 6 years. There's no way we will settle for 10+ win seasons, ACC ship games and some titles EYE ROLL. Hopefully we win a natty. I would give anything for ONE natty right now and you whining about ...what exactly?

You're eyes are on the title. But sadly like a lot of Miami fans you look back on our great success and think it just comes easy. Or worse, that we entitled to it bc of our past. Like OSU and ND do. No thanks. You overlook the struggles before the glory. The 8-4 seasons are what make the undefeated seasons so special. I'm not saying I would be happy with 8-4 this year but I'm definitely sick of 7-6 and Richt will not let us go there I believe that.

And you mention UGAs success after 1 year. Stop it.

Ok lets be honest, almost every statement you made is wrong with the exception of Heat fans being annoying.

First we expect to be competing for national titles. When you have not won one in 15+ years you can't expect to just turn into bama overnight. Miami fans absolutely would settle for Richts bulldogs, at least for 6 years. Yeah, we are so restless we almost settled for GOLDEN for 6 years. There's no way we will settle for 10+ win seasons, ACC ship games and some titles EYE ROLL. Hopefully we win a natty. I would give anything for ONE natty right now and you whining about ...what exactly?

You're eyes are on the title. But sadly like a lot of Miami fans you look back on our great success and think it just comes easy. Or worse, that we entitled to it bc of our past. Like OSU and ND do. No thanks. You overlook the struggles before the glory. The 8-4 seasons are what make the undefeated seasons so special. I'm not saying I would be happy with 8-4 this year but I'm definitely sick of 7-6 and Richt will not let us go there I believe that.

And you mention UGAs success after 1 year. Stop it.

Most of us were done with Golden after year 3. IDK how he got a 5th year. We were done with a UM alum and long time DC in RS in 4 years. We get restless quick. Most canes fans are fans of other Miami teams and we get tried of BS quick. ie: Marlins, Whiteside, Adam Gase etc. This will be no different if we look mediocre and get to/win big and like I've been saying having to be clutch in most of your games even against teams that are 1-7 and injury riddled isn't a good formula for developing a team for long term success.

Man I don't know about the over night stuff. Bama turned into Bama pretty **** quick. Same with Ohio State under Meyer. College Football success is classified in 2 categories winning on the field and winning in recruiting Georgia is doing well in both.

Please just stop it! We've gone 12 or 13 years regularly sweating out games against teams like...DUKE!!! During that period any rational thinking Canes fan would have mortgaged a family member to have had the record Coach Richt posted at Georgia. Instead of attacking Coach Richt you should fall down on your knees and pray that he does not leave the program. Reality can be a tough thing to accept, but living in a make believe world always has a bad ending. Based on reality...Coach Richt has been nothing short of a savior.

Great... we've graduated from sweating games out against Duke to sweating out games to a triple option team, 3 basketball schools, and the worse FSU team in 40 years with a T-Fr. at QB with a bunch of quitters on their roster. I'm not talking down on Richt. I'm just saying he doesn't have forever. We need to start curb stomping some teams on our win to 10 or 11 wins especially if they suck.

Advertisement
@Brooklyndee after seeing Deejay in action do you think the added weight has slowed him down? His scrimmage numbers make it seem like he wasn't able to break any long runs (small sample size)

His issue isn't talent or ability, it's work ethic & mental focus.

He's going to get plenty of opportunity to prove himself, he just has to find some self motivation & get a fire lit under his ***.

Brevin Jordan is going to play a lot, Mallory maybe will if he shows he can physically handle the college level as a TE. But, Irvin II will play a lot this year whether people like it or not, if for no other reason than we simply don't have enough depth at that spot.

Irvin's issue since he has been at Miami is does he want to do it? He has the size and talent to be more than just a serviceable tight end. Some kids need time to grow up and he is now an upperclassman. I think Hartley is happy with his progression. Irvin needs to really go after it this summer.

Most of the last scrimmage was situational. Don't put too much into the stats. It wasn't an actual game format like the spring game.

Advertisement
Man...Richt really is a straight shooter. The worst mistake people make is trying to interpret what he’s saying like he’s Bill Parcels. He says what he says and ain’t afraid to tell you when he’s not going to talk about something.

At the end of the last scrimmage he said come Fall practice he’s only playing the guys who know what to do. Coach Brown even said most of these guys are going to just be tackling dummies come fall.

Today was an obvious attempt to make sure everyone got some kind of situational burn during camp so every coach would have every player on film for summer viewing. 3 for 4 for 80+ and a TD tells me that Malik had a great first series then hit the bench so Cade, Jarron, and N’kosi could get some work in. Perry hit 7 of 12, putting him over 50% passing for the first time ever. Cade looked good even though yesterday was 4/20. I swear, if weed gave you a hangover like beer there’d be no sports. Jarron’s accuracy must be off the charts for them to keep mentioning it.

All in all nobody has yet to take reps from Rosier. He’s still the guy by a considerable margin, but Richt is no fool. Cade, N’kosi, and Jarron all have enough talent to make this a race in the fall if they put in a heavy summer’s worth of work.

Him saying the N’kosi conversation is private tells me he’s about to make it clear to Perry that he needs to find a way to play ball in Richt’s system or find another place to play ball.

Just my 2 penny’s worth. Thanks for asking.
Appreciate the response I like your analysis when it comes to trying to figure out richt or the lack of looking in too much with richt. Seems like you hit it right on the head

Very interesting comments by Richt on the qbs. He has implied he is open to starting a rookie by considering simplifying the offense for him or even having the center help out making calls. Not sure why some people keep insisting Rosier starting is a foregone conclusion. If Richt says it is going down to the bitter end, that is what he means. Still wide open.
He simplified it for Rosier, so why not for a more talented QB? I'm sure he's open to starting Williams.

Advertisement
Back