4/21 Scrimmage Stats

Advertisement
Bandy, true Miami beast. Don’t matter how tall you is when you can jump like this
A95FFE83-39D5-41B5-A86C-A16B586A7253.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bruh.... rousseau is big af... patchan is listed at 6’6 and he’s towers over him

Yep! And what's more amazing is that he looks every bit of 25 pounds heavier since he enrolled. In January, the kid looked like a skinny high school PF basketball player. Three months later and he looks every bit of a P5 WDE.

Amazing!

Richt is clearly trying to red-shirt Jarren. Why is he trying to red-shirt the only depend QB by most accounts this spring?

I hope Richt knows he doesn't have forever to fix Miami. He should be throwing any and everyone that will help improve our team PERIOD.

Richt is clearly trying to red-shirt Jarren. Why is he trying to red-shirt the only depend QB by most accounts this spring?

I hope Richt knows he doesn't have forever to fix Miami. He should be throwing any and everyone that will help improve our team PERIOD.

The 2018 team will have even more talent than the 2017 team, which had a chance to make the playoffs. There's no **** way coach Richt is handing the keys to a true freshman or RS freshman neither of which has ever taken a college snap. I agree with others who have said that Malik will have a short leash but if he improves his accuracy just a little bit this team can go a long long way in 2018.

The 2018 team will have even more talent than the 2017 team, which had a chance to make the playoffs. There's no **** way coach Richt is handing the keys to a true freshman or RS freshman neither of which has ever taken a college snap. I agree with others who have said that Malik will have a short leash but if he improves his accuracy just a little bit this team can go a long long way in 2018.

Does anyone take our season into context? We won about 5 close games and none of those teams were good. We got a lot of lucky bounces. A LOT. That was mostly due to our QB inability to make simple throws and drive the ball down the field.

Okaaaay.... Keep thinking we're going to find the same type of luck (combine with getting all those turnovers) this year. Anyone with eyes could see were more then fortunate to win 10 games last year. When the luck ran out we lost by double digits.

Give me the QB who realistically has the ceiling and chance to improve so we aren't in this position next year. Sorry.

Advertisement
And as Rosier has mentioned in an interview he believes the offense will be more dynamic with diverse formations and personnel groupings this season as compared to last year, We will actually execute formations other than shotgun based ones with 4 and 5 wide.

Does anyone take our season into context? We won about 5 close games and none of those teams were good. We got a lot of lucky bounces. A LOT. That was mostly due to our QB inability to make simple throws and drive the ball down the field.

Okaaaay.... Keep thinking we're going to find the same type of luck (combine with getting all those turnovers) this year. Anyone with eyes could see were more then fortunate to win 10 games last year. When the luck ran out we lost by double digits.

Give me the QB who realistically has the ceiling and chance to improve so we aren't in this position next year. Sorry.
If you want to add more context...
.... the team had to endure a Hurricane, no bye week, The top WR banged up most of the year, the Top returning RB injured for most of the year, our best TE out for the last few games.
Can't forget those factors when you are trying to keep the proper perspective of context.

I didn't have that take on Richts comments at all. Did you watch the whole post scrimmage interview, especially the last 30 seconds?

He said the QB battle is open till the very end and every week durring the season. Also said he would simplify the offense and have the center help the QB readin the D if he thinks that QB gives us better chance to win. That line must have been regarding all QB's not named Rosier.

Having said that I believe the offense will be better no matter who the QB ends up being.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jimmie Murphy? My impression from the stats is that this was an excellent way to wrap up the spring . Lots of reps by lots of guys. If your intent was to have everyone go into the summer thinking they have a shot to matter on the team this is the way to do it. Work hard and come in August ready to compete. The prime example is Weldon who apparently did well. I thought he was an automatic transfer but now maybe not.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I didn't have that take on Richts comments at all. Did you watch the whole post scrimmage interview, especially the last 30 seconds?

He said the QB battle is open till the very end and every week durring the season. Also said he would simplify the offense and have the center help the QB readin the D if he thinks that QB gives us better chance to win. That line must have been regarding all QB's not named Rosier.

Having said that I believe the offense will be better no matter who the QB ends up being.

I agree. I didn't get the red shirt thing at all. In fact, just the opposite from the live interviews and also the written pieces in the Palm Beach Post and Miami Herald. Everyone is in this..... Sounds like it could be a platoon thing, too Going to be interesting

Not to rain on the parade but sacks are just putting hand on the QB in most of these situations. I think Patchan had six sacks in one scrimmage once.

But still good to know he is penetrating and getting in good positions.
Penetrating hahahaha!

Can't give you 5 "lucky" wins.
I'll give you GT, although Berrios/Richt gift wrapped 7 for them.
FSU. Take away the catch. Worse case was going into OT.
VA we won going away. We would have won by 30 if we played another quarter.
SU we had 500 yard and were winning by 2 TD's late in the 3rd. They never had the lead.
UNC had the ball late, needed a TD, and we forced a fumble at our 37. We were lucky to get a fumble? They got 2 TO's in the 4th to get close.

11 wins when you add Arky State.
I don't think luck was on our side when we lost our starting RB, TE and WR.

I agree with giving another QB a shot.
I don't agree that if it weren't for luck, we were a 5, 6 win team.

Richt has forever. If you think he's ever getting fired (short of a major scandal), you are pretty dumb.

Advertisement
Back