4/21 Scrimmage Stats

Lets be honest.. we're Canes fans we expect titles, national titles. You honestly believe us Miami fans will settle for 6+ years of the Miami version of Mark Richt's Georgia Bulldogs in the ACC? THE ACC? VT and FSU being the only real competitors year in and year out? Stop it. Not to mention with Georgia having the success they're having it will make this fan base envious. We get restless pretty quickly. If we were to go 8-4 this year how fast do you think the tune of Canes fans about Richt will change? If whats going on with Whiteside is any indicator it will be fast.

If my agenda is not lowering my standards for this program to the level of Michigan State just because we've fallen on hard times then I'm fine with that. My eyes are always on the title PERIOD. I'm having this same problem with Heat fans. This love affair with a mediocre basketball team gets annoying.

The ACC is the best conference in the country. I guess you're just a typical SEC slurping clown. lmao. As long as we average 10 wins per year like Richt did at UGA, he will be here FOREVER.

Mark Richt aint going anywhere unless he wants to go anywhere. The school will shut down the program as a big fuc* you to dumb fans like you before they fire him. Fly the banner again, this administration will laugh in your face and give Richt a 10 year contract extension.

Advertisement
Very interesting comments by Richt on the qbs. He has implied he is open to starting a rookie by considering simplifying the offense for him or even having the center help out making calls. Not sure why some people keep insisting Rosier starting is a foregone conclusion. If Richt says it is going down to the bitter end. That is what he means. Still wide open.

Don't you love how he threw that out there! Gave everyone something to think about for the next few months

His issue isn't talent or ability, it's work ethic & mental focus.

He's going to get plenty of opportunity to prove himself, he just has to find some self motivation & get a fire lit under his ***.

Brevin Jordan is going to play a lot, Mallory maybe will if he shows he can physically handle the college level as a TE. But, Irvin II will play a lot this year whether people like it or not, if for no other reason than we simply don't have enough depth at that spot.

And he’s also a big load that knows his blocking assignments

Advertisement
The ACC is the best conference in the country. I guess you're just a typical SEC slurping clown. lmao. As long as we average 10 wins per year like Richt did at UGA, he will be here FOREVER.

Mark Richt aint going anywhere unless he wants to go anywhere. The school will shut down the program as a big **** you to dumb fans like you before they fire him. Fly the banner again, this administration will laugh in your face and give Richt a 10 year contract extension.

The ACC is the best conference since when? Because of one good season as a conference 2 years ago in how many years? How many times have we discuss our inability to win win the F**KING coastal until last year? GT, VT, Duke, UNC, Pitt, and UVa sounds like a tough division to you? It not even top 5 in the country. Those schools don't even recruit in the top 25 yearly.

Listen, I'm grateful for Richt but I'm not going to just give him a eternity free pass. We're paying him big money to bring Miami back to championship dominance don't forget that. Winning the coastal, a historical garbage division in which a triple option team can compete in, isn't anything major. Yes getting to the ACCCG is a great step but Miami should be going to the ACCCG yearly considering our competition. We're paying Richt the most money we've ever paid a HC AND his staff to compete for championships considering we've paid less and manage to win 5 and get to 8 championships game. I'm sorry but you don't pay a coach 4M at a program with a championship history like Miami to just win the f**king coastal especially when most of those wins came in the clutch against beyond mediocre teams.

Last edited:
Why would he not say Rosier (for now)?
If he names another QB he risks losing 1-2 QBs, including Rosier, during
the summer.
Why would he do this to himself, if not the program?
That would be plain stupid on his part.

Anyone with a brain understands this.

Regarding the QB situation, and if Williams would redshirt:
"...if we had, ya know,an undisputed champ...i wouldn't say that about Jarren right now"

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Rosier.

The ACC is the best conference since when? Because of one good season as a conference 2 years ago in how many years? How many times have we discuss our inability to win win the F**KING coastal until last year? GT, VT, Duke, UNC, Pitt, and UVa sounds like a tough division to you? It not even top 5 in the country. Those schools don't even recruit in the top 25 yearly.

Listen, I'm grateful for Richt but I'm not going to just give him a eternity free pass. We're paying him big money to bring Miami back to championship dominance don't forget that. Winning the coastal, a historical garbage division in which a triple option team can compete in, isn't anything major. Yes getting to the ACCCG is a great step but Miami should be going to the ACCCG yearly considering our competition. We're paying Richt the most money we've ever paid a HC AND his staff to compete for championships considering we've paid less and manage to win 5 and get to 8 championships game. I'm sorry but you don't pay a coach 4M at a program with a championship history like Miami to just win the f**king coastal especially when most of those wins came in the clutch against beyond mediocre teams.

You’re whole post is about 17+ years ago and the proof that you don’t realize how long ago that was is the fact that you brought up how we’ve never paid a coach as much as Richt. We made Larry Coker one of the highest paid coaches in the country. Meanwhile Richt is currently the 21st highest paid coach.

Advertisement
Lets be honest.. we're Canes fans we expect titles, national titles. You honestly believe us Miami fans will settle for 6+ years of the Miami version of Mark Richt's Georgia Bulldogs in the ACC? THE ACC? VT and FSU being the only real competitors year in and year out? Stop it. Not to mention with Georgia having the success they're having it will make this fan base envious. We get restless pretty quickly. If we were to go 8-4 this year how fast do you think the tune of Canes fans about Richt will change? If whats going on with Whiteside is any indicator it will be fast.

If my agenda is not lowering my standards for this program to the level of Michigan State just because we've fallen on hard times then I'm fine with that. My eyes are always on the title PERIOD. I'm having this same problem with Heat fans. This love affair with a mediocre basketball team gets annoying.

And if we were to go 11-1?

We've gotten better each year with Richt.
We have more talent this year so expect that trend to continue.

I get the feeling that Rousseau is going to be 7ft2inches by July...at least according to this board.

Last edited:
You’re whole post is about 17+ years ago and the proof that you don’t realize how long ago that was is the fact that you brought up how we’ve never paid a coach as much as Richt. We made Larry Coker one of the highest paid coaches in the country. Meanwhile Richt is currently the 21st highest paid coach.

Keeping coaches forever is a concept that is sooo 17 years ago as well. I hope Richt last here for a very long time but because he has us in the title race every year and not because of his name or hype. Believe me when I say I would love to have Richt here as long as possible but he has to deliver something whether it a consistent ACC title, Playoff berths, NCG, Natty etc. Just winning 10 games in a conference and division we should of been winning 10 games a year in from the get go is not good enough. Does anyone here like the sound of going 10-3 almost every year? Probably not.

I hope Richt succeeds because out of every program that has an many titles and history as we do we're the only ones with no stability at the HC position in any era of Canes football. I would love for Richt to be our version of the Bear or Woody but for him to become that he has to win, BIG. I'm not going to just anoint him as the long term solution after 1 year of winning 10 games when 5 those wins were close calls against terrible teams 3 of which didn't make a bowl game and another who made a bowl game but shouldn't have.

Last edited:
hey there is one poster in this thread who doesn't have good grip on reality - anyone want to guess who it is ? LMAO.

Advertisement
Keeping coaches forever is a concept that is sooo 17 years ago as well. I hope Richt last here for a very long time but because he has us in the title race every year and not because of his name or hype. Believe me when I say I would love to have Richt here as long as possible but he has to deliver something whether it a consistent ACC title, Playoff berths, NCG, Natty etc. Just winning 10 games in a conference and division we should of been winning 10 games a year in from the get go is not good enough. Does anyone here like the sound of going 10-3 almost every year? Probably not.

I hope Richt succeeds because out of every program that has an many titles and history as we do we're the only ones with no stability at the HC position in any era of Canes football. I would love for Richt to be our version of the Bear or Woody but for him to become that he has to win, BIG. I'm not going to just anoint him as the long term solution after 1 year of winning 10 games when 5 those wins were close calls against terrible teams 3 of which didn't make a bowl game and another who made a bowl game but shouldn't have.

You know he's been here for two seasons right and that was our first ten win season in 15 years. What the **** are you ranting about?

Not only that... but we just had our best season in 14 years! It's pretty obvious to any rational observer that we are a program on the rise.

Can't give you 5 "lucky" wins.
I'll give you GT, although Berrios/Richt gift wrapped 7 for them.
FSU. Take away the catch. Worse case was going into OT.
VA we won going away. We would have won by 30 if we played another quarter.
SU we had 500 yard and were winning by 2 TD's late in the 3rd. They never had the lead.
UNC had the ball late, needed a TD, and we forced a fumble at our 37. We were lucky to get a fumble? They got 2 TO's in the 4th to get close.

11 wins when you add Arky State.
I don't think luck was on our side when we lost our starting RB, TE and WR.

I agree with giving another QB a shot.
I don't agree that if it weren't for luck, we were a 5, 6 win team.
Nah, **** that. I don’t give these hating ******** GaTech to try to make a hindsight case against him. With the game on the line, with 2 minutes on the clock, down by 2, starting from our own 8 yard line, Malik went 8 for 11 passing for 89 yards to set up a gimme field goal with 4 seconds on the clock. To try to compress that into one lucky throw is a disservice to Miami, Malik, and everyone else who chipped in that effort.

Advertisement
Don't you love how he threw that out there! Gave everyone something to think about for the next few months

I think he said it for his qbs to think about for the next few months too! And I think he is being honest and not just playing head games. Didn't sound to me as someone who is certain who the starter is going to be.

I just want more decisive victories. No more letting an injury riddled 1-7 UNC teams hang around when our backup's backup should be in the game by the 4th QTR. Our margin of victory against P5 teams was ***. We should not be in a situation where we have to be clutch against teams struggling for bowl eligibility UNLESS it on the road in an electric loud atmosphere. We can't be at home in a relatively packed stadium struggling to beat GT and Syracuse man.

Last edited:
Man rousseau looks like our biggest get so far in storm 18 class. Think we underrated him when we talked about our best commits in that class.
Think people knew the ceiling was high. Just seemed to be a big boom or bust guy, and it was assumed that he was years away from being able to contribute.

@Loose Cannon give me your translation on this
Man...Richt really is a straight shooter. The worst mistake people make is trying to interpret what he’s saying like he’s Bill Parcels. He says what he says and ain’t afraid to tell you when he’s not going to talk about something.

At the end of the last scrimmage he said come Fall practice he’s only playing the guys who know what to do. Coach Brown even said most of these guys are going to just be tackling dummies come fall.

Today was an obvious attempt to make sure everyone got some kind of situational burn during camp so every coach would have every player on film for summer viewing. 3 for 4 for 80+ and a TD tells me that Malik had a great first series then hit the bench so Cade, Jarron, and N’kosi could get some work in. Perry hit 7 of 12, putting him over 50% passing for the first time ever. Cade looked good even though yesterday was 4/20. I swear, if weed gave you a hangover like beer there’d be no sports. Jarron’s accuracy must be off the charts for them to keep mentioning it.

All in all nobody has yet to take reps from Rosier. He’s still the guy by a considerable margin, but Richt is no fool. Cade, N’kosi, and Jarron all have enough talent to make this a race in the fall if they put in a heavy summer’s worth of work.

Him saying the N’kosi conversation is private tells me he’s about to make it clear to Perry that he needs to find a way to play ball in Richt’s system or find another place to play ball.

Just my 2 penny’s worth. Thanks for asking.

Advertisement
Back