4⭐ DB Christian Williams Flipping From Bama To TNM?

Advertisement
All I read for 14 pages was an argument about who has done a ****tier job in our collectively ****** DB recruiting. Sweet

images

EXACTLY. Rumph is sooo bad....these dudes reach and grab for everyone else to embrace in the s8ck with em. Rumph sucks..Banda sucks...ya happy?.

Advertisement
He is a corner. Definetly can get reps at nickel if needed.
They'd run the ball right at him many times, get bigger wrs to body him up, run crossing routes to get him on tight ends or big possession receivers etc. Extremely small cbs like him can get schemed on easily

So if Bama wants him to grey shirt (supposedly) why is it a long shot for him to come here?

It’s not a long shot, but it’s not an either/or situation. LSU is after him as well and they do very well in the Mobile, AL area. He visits there next weekend.

Advertisement
Malek Young wasnt recruited by him..essentially just came over with Richt. Bandy was begging for a um offer.

Our 2 safeties last year had better production. But im guessing only Rumph gets credit for developement. Mean while Banda will be sitting with like 5 safeties in the league next year.
I dont care about star rating too much i trust my eyes....that being said Gurvan Hall and Amari Carter were BIG TIME recruits not sure if you knew that.

Bubba Bolden being a NEED is irrelevant as well considering Banda saw it and RECRUITED HIM. We currently have 1 155-160 pd cb committed.
Based on everything you have said and taking all evidence into account, I dont see where Banda is better than Rumph.

Our entire defensive recruiting has been subpar. Yeah we grabbed some good kids. But reality is we are low numbers on DE, low numbers and difference makers at DT, there is a huge cliff coming in linebacker quality after this year and we have low numbers in the defensive backfield. Have we landed some quality guys? Yes. But it’s not close to What it should be and until we bridge that gap, we will never be competitive with the guys that are rolling top tier talent. The only good thing is that we have done a good job of developing, so these guys are exceeding their ratings and reaching potential. But pointing at what we have vs what we should have is sobering

Which is why i always say the 2 of them dont equal to 1. Banda plus is that Diaz has trust in him with his system. Rumph plu is that he played on our champ team. HE'S LEARNING ONT HE JOB AND GETTING BETTER..I EXPECT DIVIDENDS AS HE PUTS MORE MIKE jACKS INTO THE LEAGUE.

Banda is a worker...he misses yet has quality back up plans lined up typically. Rumph misses and were in the portal

At this point it's pretty clear Rumph embarrassed you in public. You come across as one of those guys who thinks he is connected, when in reality you're just a hanger on type. I'm guessing you were having one of those moments & Rumph put you in your place, embarrassing you in front of some people you hoped to impress.

But congrats.

Advertisement
At this point it's pretty clear Rumph embarrassed you in public. You come across as one of those guys who thinks he is connected, when in reality you're just a hanger on type. I'm guessing you were having one of those moments & Rumph put you in your place, embarrassing you in front of some people you hoped to impress.

But congrats.

You seen rumph speak..who the **** you think he is putting in their place?. lol

At what point point did you see me say anything about being connected?. (even though i coached with a current staff member b4). He is a solid coach and a sorry recruiter...what more yall want...yall dont want the truth?.

He is getting better and we will see results soone nough. Hopefully in this class...where we need it...All of these kids are about to be "HIS GUYS" SO WE SHALL SEE

If we get another CB this year, then next year's number is 2. We really only need 1 more this year if Bethel is a JAG. If Bethel looks like hes gonna be a nice player then he'll get reps with Couch and we'll be fine. Perhaps we could take 2 plus a SR grad transfer, or maybe a kid that'll redshirt.

Advertisement
If we have to count on Robert Knowles doing anything more than carry equipment we are in BIIIIIIIIG trouble.....kid has NOOO business being on a P5 team.

This is his 5th year. If he cant give you back up reps at this point its on the COACHES. Its on the coaches that he would be on the field because they didnt recruit over him 5 years later.

Not mad at Rumph, I like him personally & think he's a good dude, I never expected for the AH kids to come here.

But those aren't the only ones he's missed on, the fact is his recruiting has been average at best & we're heading into year 4.

Position coaches don't recruit in a vacuum. He doesn't deserve all of the credit,...nor all of the blame. New staff and full year under their belt and we'll see what happens,...but that won't be until the 2020 class.

His job isin't hinging on any one kid for "his sake" right about now. I think Manny wants to win and would've replaced him if he was such crap to recruit with. Let's be realistic.

Last edited:
Rumph is the lazier recruiter, hard to argue. Both have missed too often, but Banda st least goes all out, whereas Rumph mysterously leaves kids like Samuel, Davis and Elam hanging.

But I do think both are pretty good developers, and you can’t argue what we’ve seen out of guys on the field. Redwine, Jackson, Finley ... before that Carter, Jenkins and Colbert. Bandy and Young before he was injured. Amari Carter making strides. There’s some good work going on in the DB room and practice field. Even Delaney and Dean contributed in the end.

Jury is still out on how recruiting will look like under Manny. But I expect more energy and better close rates by both these guys, aided by the honeymoon period and getting back to winning games we should win. We could do better, I’m sure. But they’re coming along and I believe will deliver as long as the wins comes.

... Geta, I personally feel like the S position was the one needing the most help. Diaz puts incredible responsibility in those two spots for cleaning up all the messes in front of them. Bolden is exactly what we needed. We wouldn’t want to rely on Knowles or true freshman Smith if Carter or Hall go down. We have a few more options at CB, and a true freshman like Couch can be used at CB without disastrous consequences if necessary. That said, I really want to see a CB transfer emerge, too.

Advertisement
Back