4⭐ DB Christian Williams Flipping From Bama To TNM?

He certainly isn’t a coach but if Brevin wasn’t on the roster I doubt bolden or martell come here. He was key in both of those recruitments for sure imo, that bg pipeline serious

Oh 4sure. But both were in the transfer portal and had to go somewhere. Its still up to the coach to evaluate and offer, and then get that guy to commit. Glad to have them all here for sure.

Advertisement
Diaz had our defense playing to a level that got him another HC job. Banda was promoted by the previous coach to DC.

I was happy when they were after Fran Brown considering i dont/didnt think we needed 2 coaches for the db spot and wanted to free up that spot for offense or specials.

I go at all....Rumph is just the easiest to go at on the RECRUITING BOARD because he is the worst ive ever seen at Um. Worse than Paul Williams who i believe eats chalk
But he isnt the worst. Its a false narrative that some have come up with just because campbell and surtain didn't come here. I actually don't think any of those guys are as bad at recruiting as their misses suggest.

I just think dudes aint really feeling miami like that because they view it as a mediocre program. Henry gray just said if miami makes the playoffs then that will open his eyes and he will seriously consider them.

As a recruiter what can you say when the teams he is looking at are winning championships and going to the playoffs?

The emotion is by a few folks who seem to reflexively defend rumph from any and all criticism. Your response highlights as much. No reason to think manny will ‘sink or swim’ with rumph. Manny kept all his defensive coaches. He wasn’t going to fire the only AA and only local guy on his defensive staff. Note that every other guy on the defensive staff got a title promotion. Simpson to AHC, Banda to co-DC and Patke to ST coord. plus OLBs.

Rumph seems like a solid technical coach. He ain’t the only coach on the staff who merits criticism, amd he ain’t the only one who gets criticism. But he’s the main one who seems to attract emotional defenders.
Then point out the porsters.. it's reckless for you to continue to make vague comments. You constantly **** on Rumph...Just kee posting I'm going to put you on ignore.

Then point out the porsters.. it's reckless for you to continue to make vague comments. You constantly **** on Rumph...Just kee posting I'm going to put you on ignore.
Nothing vague about it. The whole discussion is tiring. You can see for yourself aho lines up to defend rumph in a recruiting thread. And you are wrong. I do not constantly **** on rumph at all. But I don’t shy away from noting he underperforms as a recruiter. Considering we have two DB coaches and live in ground zero for DB recruiting, we darn well should be able to handle DB recruiting better than we have. I give no pass to Banda, either. Better than rumph as a recruiter doesn’t mean he’s clear of criticism.

Nothing vague about it. The whole discussion is tiring. You can see for yourself aho lines up to defend rumph in a recruiting thread. And you are wrong. I do not constantly **** on rumph at all. But I don’t shy away from noting he underperforms as a recruiter. Considering we have two DB coaches and live in ground zero for DB recruiting, we darn well should be able to handle DB recruiting better than we have. I give no pass to Banda, either. Better than rumph as a recruiter doesn’t mean he’s clear of criticism.
All I'm saying is criticize both equally... People make banda out like he's Corey raymond. You do have some validity Rumph has definitely dropped the ball. I'm just tired of people pumping Banda up like he's all world.

Advertisement
All I'm saying is criticize both equally... People make banda out like he's Corey raymond. You do have some validity Rumph has definitely dropped the ball. I'm just tired of people pumping Banda up like he's all world.
I have no idea who makes banda out to be raymond but it sure as **** aint me and i take no responsibility for what other people post.

I call em like i see em. No obligation to criticize everyone anytime i criticize anyone, no obligation to criticize banda when i criticize rumph. I happen to be less a fan of banda than many here. But your comment hihlights the problem. Why should people have to talk about banda when they talk about rumph? Did you criticize rumph every time you criticized searels?

Whole thing is silly. As far as recruiting goes, this whole defensive staff has underperformed. Manny got promoted as a schemer, not a recruiter. He’s **** lucky he inherited the guys he did from Golden, btw. Without Gerald Willis, Jaquan, Jackson, Redwine, the three Lbs et al., we might well be having a different discussion right now.

I have no idea who makes banda out to be raymond but it sure as **** aint me and i take no responsibility for what other people post.

I call em like i see em. No obligation to criticize everyone anytime i criticize anyone, no obligation to criticize banda when i criticize rumph. I happen to be less a fan of banda than many here. But your comment hihlights the problem. Why should people have to talk about banda when they talk about rumph? Did you criticize rumph every time you criticized searels?

Whole thing is silly. As far as recruiting goes, this whole defensive staff has underperformed. Manny got promoted as a schemer, not a recruiter. He’s **** lucky he inherited the guys he did from Golden, btw. Without Gerald Willis, Jaquan, Jackson, Redwine, the three Lbs et al., we might well be having a different discussion right now.[/QUOTE]
Agreed! That is why he has to win this year. He has to win and our offense has to look good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back