4⭐ DB Christian Williams Flipping From Bama To TNM?

Position coaches don't recruit in a vacuum. He doesn't deserve all of the credit,...nor all of the blame. New staff and full year under his belt and we'll see what happens,...but that won't be until the 2020 class.

His job isin't hinging on any one kid for "his sake" right about now. I think Manny wants to win and would've replaced him if he was such crap to recruit with. Let's be realistic.
So the new argument is rumph aint a bad recruiter because he hasnt been fired yet?

Advertisement
Some of the lames stay talking bad about Rumph.. all he can do is continue to coach up his unit. Let yall suckas keep pushing your agendas..

So the new argument is rumph aint a bad recruiter because he hasnt been fired yet?

The argument was if his recruiting worth was on par with all of your day-after-day tears, he'd be somewhere else right now.

New headcoach and he's still here. Guess he'll sink or swim with him.

Because of his talent...not because of need. We literally NEEDED grad transfers at cb.

Our safety room has:
Robert Knowles
Amari Carter
Gurvan Hall

Romeo Finley/ Derrick Smith

and that is WITH Keontra Smith coming, and Emerson on the hook. Add to it Bubba Bolden was RECRUITED by Banda.

Yea im going to say were in a better spot there at Safety recruiting wise. Bolden also isnt a grad transfer

Bubba Bolden was RECRUITED by Brevin Jordan and why in the fuq was Knowles getting more burn than Gurvan??

Panda sucks to high **** and so does Rumph but the way you defend Panda make it seems like you got a grudge against Rumph

Advertisement
The argument was if his recruiting worth was on par with all of your day-after-day tears, he'd be somewhere else right now.

New headcoach and he's still here. Guess he'll sink or swim with him.
The emotion is by a few folks who seem to reflexively defend rumph from any and all criticism. Your response highlights as much. No reason to think manny will ‘sink or swim’ with rumph. Manny kept all his defensive coaches. He wasn’t going to fire the only AA and only local guy on his defensive staff. Note that every other guy on the defensive staff got a title promotion. Simpson to AHC, Banda to co-DC and Patke to ST coord. plus OLBs.

Rumph seems like a solid technical coach. He ain’t the only coach on the staff who merits criticism, amd he ain’t the only one who gets criticism. But he’s the main one who seems to attract emotional defenders.

Rumph is the lazier recruiter, hard to argue. Both have missed too often, but Banda st least goes all out, whereas Rumph mysterously leaves kids like Samuel, Davis and Elam hanging.

But I do think both are pretty good developers, and you can’t argue what we’ve seen out of guys on the field. Redwine, Jackson, Finley ... before that Carter, Jenkins and Colbert. Bandy and Young before he was injured. Amari Carter making strides. There’s some good work going on in the DB room and practice field. Even Delaney and Dean contributed in the end.

Jury is still out on how recruiting will look like under Manny. But I expect more energy and better close rates by both these guys, aided by the honeymoon period and getting back to winning games we should win. We could do better, I’m sure. But they’re coming along and I believe will deliver as long as the wins comes.

... Geta, I personally feel like the S position was the one needing the most help. Diaz puts incredible responsibility in those two spots for cleaning up all the messes in front of them. Bolden is exactly what we needed. We wouldn’t want to rely on Knowles or true freshman Smith if Carter or Hall go down. We have a few more options at CB, and a true freshman like Couch can be used at CB without disastrous consequences if necessary. That said, I really want to see a CB transfer emerge, too.

The Smith that could play with injury is Derrick Smith. I LOVE the Bolden pick up though.

Couch i dont want to see hit the field at all this year. Ive seen him in person ...no way he should be counted to do anything at this point. Im in agreement i wanted them to bring in DCW from Wisconsin as a transfer or land a guy that can take some reps as a true freshman. Couch development should need a redshirt..it would do him wonders.

The Smith that could play with injury is Derrick Smith. I LOVE the Bolden pick up though.

Couch i dont want to see hit the field at all this year. Ive seen him in person ...no way he should be counted to do anything at this point. Im in agreement i wanted them to bring in DCW from Wisconsin as a transfer or land a guy that can take some reps as a true freshman. Couch development should need a redshirt..it would do him wonders.
I do Agree that a redshirt year would be best for couch for sure

Advertisement
The emotion is by a few folks who seem to reflexively defend rumph from any and all criticism. Your response highlights as much.

Huh?? I'm defending Manny. He had his pick of the litter and he still hired him!!

We have a new staff. I'm alot more concerned about the rationale of our HC.

No reason to think manny will ‘sink or swim’ with rumph.

....because there's no reason to cry 16+ pages about how much he sucks at his job?? I agree.

On the flip side, if he's this much dead weight on a staff - and yet he was retained anyway - our coach wont last very long.

As usual the truth lies somewhere in-between.

South Florida is full of DB’s, I would take the good coach over the good recruiter because the coach will get recruits eventually, once they see his product.

Bubba Bolden was RECRUITED by Brevin Jordan and why in the fuq was Knowles getting more burn than Gurvan??

Panda sucks to high **** and so does Rumph but the way you defend Panda make it seems like you got a grudge against Rumph

i dont know maybe he knows his assignments better and the other could be nicked up. I didnt know Brevin Jordan was a coach... but thanks. Make sure Brevin lands some of his offers in next class and maybe put him on some of the American Heritage kids.

Defending Banda is nothing im doing...but whenever rumph is criticized for whatever reason Banda is brought up and its by the same people.

Both of them suck...but the topic is currently Rumph i dont see how its not exclusively seen as such.

Advertisement
Rumph is the lazier recruiter, hard to argue. Both have missed too often, but Banda st least goes all out, whereas Rumph mysterously leaves kids like Samuel, Davis and Elam hanging.

But I do think both are pretty good developers, and you can’t argue what we’ve seen out of guys on the field. Redwine, Jackson, Finley ... before that Carter, Jenkins and Colbert. Bandy and Young before he was injured. Amari Carter making strides. There’s some good work going on in the DB room and practice field. Even Delaney and Dean contributed in the end.

Jury is still out on how recruiting will look like under Manny. But I expect more energy and better close rates by both these guys, aided by the honeymoon period and getting back to winning games we should win. We could do better, I’m sure. But they’re coming along and I believe will deliver as long as the wins comes.

... Geta, I personally feel like the S position was the one needing the most help. Diaz puts incredible responsibility in those two spots for cleaning up all the messes in front of them. Bolden is exactly what we needed. We wouldn’t want to rely on Knowles or true freshman Smith if Carter or Hall go down. We have a few more options at CB, and a true freshman like Couch can be used at CB without disastrous consequences if necessary. That said, I really want to see a CB transfer emerge, too.
Rumph didnt leave any of those guys hanging. Pretty sure diaz made the final call on the guys he wanted.

Advertisement
This is his 5th year. If he cant give you back up reps at this point its on the COACHES. Its on the coaches that he would be on the field because they didnt recruit over him 5 years later.

I agree he should have never seen the field in front of Carter or Gurvin last year.

Kid is terrible whether his 1st 3rd or 10th year.Only time he should see the Field is if we are up 40 or God forbid we are down to him.

Last edited:
i dont know maybe he knows his assignments better and the other could be nicked up. I didnt know Brevin Jordan was a coach... but thanks. Make sure Brevin lands some of his offers in next class and maybe put him on some of the American Heritage kids.

Defending Banda is nothing im doing...but whenever rumph is criticized for whatever reason Banda is brought up and its by the same people.

Both of them suck...but the topic is currently Rumph i dont see how its not exclusively seen as such.
He certainly isn’t a coach but if Brevin wasn’t on the roster I doubt bolden or martell come here. He was key in both of those recruitments for sure imo, that bg pipeline serious

everybody agrees he is lacking but why don't you go at banda or diaz like you do him?

Diaz had our defense playing to a level that got him another HC job. Banda was promoted by the previous coach to DC.

I was happy when they were after Fran Brown considering i dont/didnt think we needed 2 coaches for the db spot and wanted to free up that spot for offense or specials.

I go at all....Rumph is just the easiest to go at on the RECRUITING BOARD because he is the worst ive ever seen at Um. Worse than Paul Williams who i believe eats chalk

Advertisement
Back