4⭐ DB Christian Williams Flipping From Bama To TNM?

The fact he's shorter is my point at why he only needs to be close to 180lbs. I know he's on the shorter side.
And I'm not saying he's gunna be a Frosh AA at that size, I'm just saying for a 6th CB on the depth chart? Thats fine.

I think the bigger worry depth wise is EASILY EDGE. Its not even close honestly. Rousseau or Garvin go down and we are ******* ****ed. CB we got a couple that we need to step up obviously, but we have solid depth there. Safety has a lot to prove too, but again we do have a bunch of guys that have talent and can play there.

Completely agree with you on the edge.And alot of weight is being put on Rousseau a kid who played small school ball and got injured his fresh year here.

I want Hill from VT here asap.

CB isnt as big a worry...Some of it could be massed if injury hits with guys like Smith, Hall who play on the back end to. Smith played nickel for us a gfood bit his fresh season

Advertisement
Completely agree with you on the edge.And alot of weight is being put on Rousseau a kid who played small school ball and got injured his fresh year here.

I want Hill from VT here asap.

CB isnt as big a worry...Some of it could be massed if injury hits with guys like Smith, Hall who play on the back end to. Smith played nickel for us a gfood bit his fresh season
Yeah I think Bandy and Ivey are going to lock down the Outside CB jobs. Hopefully Blades steps up and locks down the starting Nickel role. He was the Backup Nickel all yr Im pretty sure. But if not, I think Derrick Smith can fill in. I think he's gunna be a pretty big off the bench player for us as a backup Safety, Nickel, and Striker.

Honestly the position I'm most worried about with Starters is Safety, because thats probably the most important position on our defense after DLine. I think our DLine starters will step up, and I'm reasonably confident Ivey will be good for us.

Yeah I think Bandy and Ivey are going to lock down the Outside CB jobs. Hopefully Blades steps up and locks down the starting Nickel role. He was the Backup Nickel all yr Im pretty sure. But if not, I think Derrick Smith can fill in. I think he's gunna be a pretty big off the bench player for us as a backup Safety, Nickel, and Striker.

Honestly the position I'm most worried about with Starters is Safety, because thats probably the most important position on our defense after DLine. I think our DLine starters will step up, and I'm reasonably confident Ivey will be good for us.
Ideally you want Blades & Ivey outside and Bandy at Nickel, teams are mostly in 3 WR sets anyway

Advertisement
Rumph probably couldn't even recruit himself to the U.
Nah I’m good coach I would rather not play for you.
But your me how can this be. Sorry man you just seem like a d-bag, plus there are offering m-bags over there.

Any "cornerback coach" in the country could come to Miami and have a roster with 4* and local 3* corners. This is not something you hang your hat on.

I have no problem with someone saying that Rumph is a good enough coach. Sure. But, I can not rationalize anyone that things he's a good recruiter. The proof is in the pudding. He's not. It is what it is.

Please highlight where anyone said he's a good recruiter. Nobody has said that.

Some have pointed out, including myself, the simple fact he has a chance room full of bluechip recruits. His recruiting doesn't seem to be the huge problem most make it out to be.

Advertisement
Corey Raymond would have gotten one of those 2.

People act like he AH dbs are the ONLY misses. Dude has been missing since he stepped foot on campus severely/Those were just THE WORST ones since he literally coached those kids since they were 9 years old. At this point i dont think he could land his own son to come here...and if he didnt some of yall would be up here capping for him saying .."it isnt his fault he grounded him when he was 12 and his mom is a FAMU alumni".

Dude is the worst recruiter ever at UM....As far as on the field coaching he doesnt appear to be a loss. He seems solid there..But his recruiting had us the leader in the PORTAL RANKINGS for the last 3 years at cb.

Landing this kid would be a nice step in adding additional talent to the position..considering we dropped 1 kid and lost another...we need replacemments.
Again you ****ting on Rumph but ignoring our actual db coach whose sole job is to recruits misses....smh.
Rumph > Banda. And Both > Patke. So if you want Rumph gone, first we should be talking about losing Banda/Patke

I think anyone who thinks getting a different position coach is gonna change missing out on top targets is ignoring what is going on. Either win so much that going to Miami becomes a business decision or actually make it a business decision and start paying. Probably need to do both. Neither one is a position coach’s recruiting acumen issue.

1548017052882.gif

Why don’t some of you wait to worry about Rumph until he stops rolling out ballers every Saturday.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Again you ****ting on Rumph but ignoring our actual db coach whose sole job is to recruits misses....smh.
Rumph > Banda. And Both > Patke. So if you want Rumph gone, first we should be talking about losing Banda/Patke

I dont care about Banda this isnt about Banda this isnt about Patke. This is about Rumph.
Banda neither Patke have hadf grad transfers have to start for them. Banda is set to have more NFL guys in the league and he is infinitely ab etter recruiter imo. Patke i have no say on.

Rumph needs 1 of : Williams, Elam or to have someone else lined up as a cb recruit or...we will be back in the hot tub portal machine for a cb

I dont care about Banda this isnt about Banda this isnt about Patke. This is about Rumph.
Banda neither Patke have hadf grad transfers have to start for them. Banda is set to have more NFL guys in the league and he is infinitely ab etter recruiter imo. Patke i have no say on.

Rumph needs 1 of : Williams, Elam or to have someone else lined up as a cb recruit or...we will be back in the hot tub portal machine for a cb
lol. Banda has missed on more than Rumph. And we never even really recruited Elam till recently. Thats our recruiting coordinators fault. You think Rumph is deciding who to recruit all by himself? No. The staff as a whole ****ed up that recruitment, and its likely too late for us with him

So if Bama wants him to grey shirt (supposedly) why is it a long shot for him to come here?

Advertisement
lol. Banda has missed on more than Rumph. And we never even really recruited Elam till recently. Thats our recruiting coordinators fault. You think Rumph is deciding who to recruit all by himself? No. The staff as a whole ****ed up that recruitment, and its likely too late for us with him

And....YOU DONT SEE THE PROBLEM IN THAT?

Yea lets blame the recruiting coordinator that ninjas getting paid 6 figures to recruit kids named Elam from their county alone....Elam wasnt some hard find...kid was known about 2 years ago...they were to busy offering the Damrius Good's of the world.

Banda has yet to have a grad transfer play for him. Could care less how much he supposedly miss.....And he has NOT missed more than Rumph.

But most people here are assuming that Bubba will get a starting spot. Bubba...... The transfer..........

And those guys Banda is set to have in the NFL, he didn't recruit them. They were already here.

Advertisement
Back