#3 -WR Oh my

Advertisement
Well if you had the FSU game DVRd fast forward to the 4th quarter lol..TAC looked good. Had a TFL on that 4th n goal stand. Flagg needs a full year in the SAC program. Burns ran hard and stiff armed tf outta woodbey. On offense 86, 88 and 83 all saw plenty of reps. We played 20 freshman. I don’t believe in taking reps from the 2 deep. They need those reps just as much. kids like Harrison-Hunte, Brooks, Harvey and alll those WRs in this new system need reps
I’m out of the country right now and missed part of it and had some streaming issues. I saw a good bit though. I thought someone mentioned TAC. It was hard for me to see much on a small laptop and at times my cell phone.

I really like Harley. He does have a tendency to drop an easy one here and there, though. But, at least against FSU, he always seemed to get separation on critical downs and distances.

I am hoping he can clean up the miscues. I think it’s mental, not a hands issue. I’m pulling for him.
Op he has a right to his opinion but this about some sums it up for me.

Love Harely, great kid & great leader in the locker room...

He played much better vs FSU than he did vs Louisville, but the drops are an issue, he had 3 drops last game all on catchable balls.

So now what? Does that mean he should be benched? Not necessarily, he's our primary slot & Lash/Likens don't believe that X is ready yet, therefore they're sticking with Harely until further notice.

The fact is, who he is as a WR is just who he is, he's not going to be a big time catch maker, he's best utilized in short area routes, quick outs, hitches, curls & bubble screens, but if you're asking to make deep ball catches or trying to throw it to him in the end zone odds are he's not gonna come up with the ball.

To me the solution is clear, keep using him on bubble screens & quick short area routes to get him the ball early, but on 3rd down & long situations let Redding or Keyshawn Smith get some favorable matchups out of the slot & let them work the deep routes.
Harley had a would be TUB vs UAB. King missed him. That throw he “dropped” the DB made a helluva play to rack it out. He had one inexcusable drop on that RPO over Tha middle. But on that deep crosser If it was our DB doing that we would’ve praised the DB alla Gils break up vs Thompson....at this point this is all to do about nothing other then *****ing and nitpicking

Advertisement
Yes. He is starting because guess what? Week in and week out he’s proven to be the better option at that spot. Idk when fans like u will grasp that fact. Wtf is playing that slot position over Harley rn? And what are I basing that rzn by? Y’all *****ing over 2 drops..One of which was great play by a DB..were u praising when he made that tough catch over the middle on a 3rd down?..or the sideline catch he had v UAB?..y’all are *****ing after a 52-10 victory over a rival about the dumbest ****
I’m not *****ing, we have played great enough to win big in spite of his drops and Popes fumbles. Fact is he’s dropped balls his entire career here, it’s a trend that hasn’t been corrected. Love his work ethic and attitude, but His drops are a weakness. Are you saying there is no WR behind him that can consistently catch? I don’t know, as I haven’t seen the others
Have opportunities.

Not that I disagree with you but I think there is a bigger issue. That being Mark Pope. I have watched him not only drop one to two balls right in his hands every game, plus run the wrong routes and the QB will throw a ball where he should be but he’s not there, but most important how are you going to have someone who for more than a year has dropped balls in games be your Punt Returner? Seriously. The guy is the least sure handed WR I’ve seen here at UM in a long time and then you make him the PR???? Now he has dropped two punts in three games fro turnovers. I think it’s time to move on

Harley had a would be TUB vs UAB. King missed him. That throw he “dropped” the DB made a helluva play to rack it out. He had one inexcusable drop on that RPO over Tha middle. But on that deep crosser If it was our DB doing that we would’ve praised the DB alla Gils break up vs Thompson....at this point this is all to do about nothing other then *****ing and nitpicking
It's not nitpicking, he's had multiple drops in every game & since he's been here in his career drops have been an issue.

People aren't making it up, he's routinely dropped passes since 2017, he's gotten better this year thus far & I'm not bashing him or saying he sucks but the fact is he's struggled with catching the ball consistently that can't be denied.

As I said earlier, the solution is to just get him the ball on short area routes, get the ball in his hands quicker & let him run with it, but if you're expecting him to make big time catches down the field he's just not capable & that's okay because we have other WR's who are.

I don't get why people on the board have to always operate on the opposite side of two extremes, two things can be true at the same time, Harley does have drop issues, however he can still be an effective WR just adjust to how we use him & put him in more advantageous situations.

Its really that simple.

I’m talking about games where we’re killing it. I wouldn’t mess around before Clemson. I’m going off that basis.
Agreed. Manny said 30 guys registered a stat on the D Sat. Not sure how many on O but I'd say it was close to that number.

Advertisement
Please shut up and leave the board.

Harley had one ball that he had to reach for, then the DB knocked the ball loose as he tried to bring it back to his body. Was not a drop.

He had one legit drop against F$U. Other than that, he made some good catches.
I thought the same exact thing. He made some tough catches. The defender made a PERFECT play on the ball on the longer pass downfield. He had one drop. You make some of the tough catches he made and have one drop, all is forgiven. He had a solid game.

This isn’t about replacing a Harley... I have no problem if the coaches do that. Nobody says you don’t look to replace poor performers. That’s not the point.

So people can start whatever threads they want, and I’m just as free as to call the constant whining out.

We literally have thousands of posts dragging the Harley, Pope, et al, and we need to start another one? We don’t need 50 whiny threads on it. It’s effeminate as shlt to whine and bltch all the time.

Gender fluid porsters are the ones that nag like women all the time.

Hey, I’ve got an idea, let’s start another thread on Ragone.

It's not nitpicking, he's had multiple drops in every game & since he's been here in his career drops have been an issue.

People aren't making it up, he's routinely dropped passes since 2017, he's gotten better this year thus far & I'm not bashing him or saying he sucks but the fact is he's struggled with catching the ball consistently that can't be denied.

As I said earlier, the solution is to just get him the ball on short area routes, get the ball in his hands quicker & let him run with it, but if you're expecting him to make big time catches down the field he's just not capable & that's okay because we have other WR's who are.

I don't get why people on the board have to always operate on the opposite side of two extremes, two things can be true at the same time, Harley does have drop issues, however he can still be an effective WR just adjust to how we use him & put him in more advantageous situations.

Its really that simple.
Lol he has not had multiple drop games in every game. And I never said he hasn’t dropped passes. But whose starting over him RN at that slot position?? Better yet why this thread now? And by nitpicking I’m not just speaking soley on this thread..there’s a ******* thread about 53 being a liability as a LB in pass coverage based on 1 drive in a 52-10 w

Advertisement
This isn’t about replacing a Harley... I have no problem if the coaches do that. Nobody says you don’t look to replace poor performers. That’s not the point.

So people can start whatever threads they want, and I’m just as free as to call the constant whining out.

We literally have thousands of posts dragging the Harley, Pope, et al, and we need to start another one? We don’t need 50 whiny threads on it. It’s effeminate as shlt to whine and bltch all the time.

Gender fluid porsters are the ones that nag like women all the time.

Hey, I’ve got an idea, let’s start another thread on Ragone.
Perry thread?

Bruh stop taking up for players who f up!!
Had Harley caught it the first time he would have made the catch in stride and kept running. Instead he had to re-catch it and then still did not tuck it. That is why it was knocked away. Secure the rock once you catch it so it is not knocked out of your hand. Constructive criticism

More brain-dead drivel from you.

"Had Harley caught it the first time" is just evidence you didn't watch the game, you didn't watch the replays. It was clearly an overthrown ball that Harley had to lunge for. Stop it with your "had he caught it the first time" falseness.

Nearly everything you post is moronic. Constructive criticism.

welll.. if he actually made the catch that is...
It was an over the shoulder grab and since he dropped that very easy gimmie last week It wasn’t guaranteed lol

By your stupid logic, Harley should have dropped every pass this week.

Players are allowed to make improvements. But your posts never get any better.

Advertisement
Harley leaves a lot to be desired.

I've been critical of him recently and much of that criticism is because the guy constantly gets open and drops the ball. That said, he's made some meaningful and contested catches in his career. It's not all bad or missed opportunities.

Suggesting that he be benched or we move on from him is an overreaction, to say the least. But I'm looking forward to the day when our #1 WR again resembles guys like Andre Johnson and Reggie Wayne, that's all.

If the original poster had written this, nobody would have an issue.

OP must have missed the crucial 3rd down catches he made.

why are these ignorant posts not squashed by the mods? It’s embarrassing to be a member of this board sometimes.

Exactly. You would think the ONE TIME that all the whiny cvnts would go away, just for a few days, would be after we scored 52 on F$U.

But nooooooooo...

Advertisement
Back