#3 -WR Oh my

At this point, the best thing would be to get Redding, Smith and Restrepo some more reps regardless.
Smith dropped a touchdown..Redding dropped a first down. Neither of them play the slot..X is 3rd behind Few for the slot..mike Harley is not a problem. Ppl are just finding something to ***** about. There’s a whole thread about 53 based on 1 scoring drive In a 52-10 victory

Advertisement
Smith dropped a touchdown..Redding dropped a first down. Neither of them play the slot..X is 3rd behind Few for the slot..mike Harley is not a problem. Ppl are just finding something to ***** about. There’s a whole thread about 53 based on 1 scoring drive In a 52-10 victory
We need to get young guys reps. Same at linebacker. We need to see what they can do. Harley’s been here a long-time and he’s definitely a limited performer.

Advertisement
We need to get young guys reps. Same at linebacker. We need to see what they can do. Harley’s been here a long-time and he’s definitely a limited performer.
No we don’t man. At linebacker you have 4 new faces on the 2 deep (53,17,6 and 44). If those are the guys we are rolling with they need those reps more than young cats. Same At WR. they are all in a new system. If those in the rotation have proven to have the system down pact so far they need to get those reps in game because those are the guys who will be dependent upon to make plays..every year it’s the same narrative of there must be better guys behind our starters. There’s a rzn 3 is at that slot position. It’s what he displays Sunday-Friday. But fans harp on 2 plays from a 52-10 game and want him benched

Can someone post #3/s "Low-lights".. This story will end up very similar to our very own, Green Tree-All American- "Patchan" scenario last year. This is not pop-warner football , where every kid plays meng. The staff must make a change now (Idle week) if we want to be considered as one of the "Elites" in college football and click on all cylinders. Harley seems to drop at least 2 passes per game, hence, he's a poor target to whomever is throwing the ball to him.. Ughhh.. Not to mention that he has no wiggle, exhibits alligator arms and weighs in at around 160 Lbs (soak and wet) , but.... hes pretty solid everywhere else doe. WTF..

Thank you for your services #3 since you bleed orange and green, but please be a scholar and a gentleman and ask our staff to come off the bench.
God Bless.
source-2.gif

Dont want to start a new thread, but where TF has Payton been??

Fans been pounding their chest about him for months and he has yet to make an appearance?

Even against FSU where Marshall Few was getting reps...

No we don’t man. At linebacker you have 4 new faces on the 2 deep (53,17,6 and 44). If those are the guys we are rolling with they need those reps more than young cats. Same At WR. they are all in a new system. If those in the rotation have proven to have the system down pact so far they need to get those reps in game because those are the guys who will be dependent upon to make plays..every year it’s the same narrative of there must be better guys behind our starters. There’s a rzn 3 is at that slot position. It’s what he displays Sunday-Friday. But fans harp on 2 plays from a 52-10 game and want him benched
I just want to see the young guys with talent get to play some. I’m not saying to start anyone at this point but I’d like to see X at slot. I’d like to see Flagg and TAC get some reps too.

Advertisement
Can someone post #3/s "Low-lights".. This story will end up very similar to our very own, Green Tree-All American- "Patchan" scenario last year. This is not pop-warner football , where every kid plays meng. The staff must make a change now (Idle week) if we want to be considered as one of the "Elites" in college football and click on all cylinders. Harley seems to drop at least 2 passes per game, hence, he's a poor target to whomever is throwing the ball to him.. Ughhh.. Not to mention that he has no wiggle, exhibits alligator arms and weighs in at around 160 Lbs (soak and wet) , but.... hes pretty solid everywhere else doe. WTF..

Thank you for your services #3 since you bleed orange and green, but please be a scholar and a gentleman and ask our staff to come off the bench.
God Bless.
No. We need Harley. The drops are frustrating but he's making plays and moving the chains in spite of it. He's gotta keep working at it and get built up, not torn down.

This is not the game to be experimenting with different players. We'll need all hands on deck and experience will matter.

I agree, OP.

We should always be looking to improve as a team. Part of that would be throwing in some new WRs in the hopes of finding some that know how to catch.

Don't listen to these gender-fluid fans who are satisfied after Saturday and ready for the parade.
Smith almost had a long TD and Redding DID have one and was in early and Restrepo got burn so WTF are you even talking about?

Harley leaves a lot to be desired.

I've been critical of him recently and much of that criticism is because the guy constantly gets open and drops the ball. That said, he's made some meaningful and contested catches in his career. It's not all bad or missed opportunities.

Suggesting that he be benched or we move on from him is an overreaction, to say the least. But I'm looking forward to the day when our #1 WR again resembles guys like Andre Johnson and Reggie Wayne, that's all.

Advertisement
I just want to see the young guys with talent get to play some. I’m not saying to start anyone at this point but I’d like to see X at slot. I’d like to see Flagg and TAC get some reps too.
In due time. I just don't think this is the game to be experimenting with the young fellas. Experience will go a long way in determining the outcome.

The enigma is that he gets open often only to inevitably drop a few a game. Just want you to keep in mind that the first receiver off the bench in the slot was Few. Not saying he should be, but that is what the coaches are going to do again so to some extent careful what you wish for

Young guys are getting reps everywhere. I think Redding was in on the first **** series.

Advertisement
I just re watched it. he played fine. took a huge hit over the middle and made the catch for the 1st down and was held on the other play. he had one drop that i see he shouldve had.

Well if you had the FSU game DVRd fast forward to the 4th quarter lol..TAC looked good. Had a TFL on that 4th n goal stand. Flagg needs a full year in the SAC program. Burns ran hard and stiff armed tf outta woodbey. On offense 86, 88 and 83 all saw plenty of reps. We played 20 freshman. I don’t believe in taking reps from the 2 deep. They need those reps just as much. kids like Harrison-Hunte, Brooks, Harvey and alll those WRs in this new system need reps

Love Harely, great kid & great leader in the locker room...

He played much better vs FSU than he did vs Louisville, but the drops are an issue, he had 3 drops last game all on catchable balls.

So now what? Does that mean he should be benched? Not necessarily, he's our primary slot & Lash/Likens don't believe that X is ready yet, therefore they're sticking with Harely until further notice.

The fact is, who he is as a WR is just who he is, he's not going to be a big time catch maker, he's best utilized in short area routes, quick outs, hitches, curls & bubble screens, but if you're asking to make deep ball catches or trying to throw it to him in the end zone odds are he's not gonna come up with the ball.

To me the solution is clear, keep using him on bubble screens & quick short area routes to get him the ball early, but on 3rd down & long situations let Redding or Keyshawn Smith get some favorable matchups out of the slot & let them work the deep routes.

Advertisement
Back