3-star 2020 LB AJ Mathis offered

Advertisement
Has anyone followed his recruitment at all? With us just offering and him committing now I’m guessing it’s not us either. Looks like a SEC LB who is not one of the stud 5 stars but next thing you know he’s a 2 time All SEC player

Not sure what an sec lb is ..but sh*t like that needs to stop in this fan base..good lord. Sec this..sec that.

Its Early May of 2019 bro

Way to early to start crapping your pants over the LB class... Catch me mid season closer to Early signing day with how things have shaken out
Im not crapping my pants, I think there is plenty of time and think that UM should continue to evaluate and expand the board at LB. Im just talking about taking a prospect who is average at best this early.

Im not crapping my pants, I think there is plenty of time and think that UM should continue to evaluate and expand the board at LB. Im just talking about taking a prospect who is average at best this early.

Lets say we land Flowe and any other higher rated LB recruit.. making Mathis our 3rd best lb in class

What would you say then? This is realistic even if you sub out Flowe for another 4 star LB nationally

Advertisement
Lets say we land Flowe and any other higher rated LB recruit.. making Mathis our 3rd best lb in class

What would you say then? This is realistic even if you sub out Flowe for another 4 star LB nationally

I would consider it a good overall pull, but I still hold my opinion of just adding prospects or keeping prospects commits because we need a certain number of recruits at a certain position for a class. There are LBs that I think are rank the same as Mathis or even lower who I would take before him.

I would consider it a good overall pull, but I still hold my opinion of just adding prospects or keeping prospects commits because we need a certain number of recruits at a certain position for a class. There are LBs that I think are rank the same as Mathis or even lower who I would take before him.

Well now your getting into your own PERSONAL opinion on similar level recruits than to the defensive staff... This kid is pretty good (not flowe/samapah level) but a very nice recruit who still hasn't played his senior year and might pick it up even more..

Either way the staff thinks highly enough of him to accept his commitment in the summertime. This is not just a "filler" recruit when you've been missing all year and scrambling to throw names in before NSD

Advertisement
Well now your getting into your own PERSONAL opinion on similar level recruits than to the defensive staff... This kid is pretty good (not flowe/samapah level) but a very nice recruit who still hasn't played his senior year and might pick it up even more..

Either way the staff thinks highly enough of him to accept his commitment in the summertime. This is not just a "filler" recruit when you've been missing all year and scrambling to throw names in before NSD
Your right, he just doesn't strike me as a difference maker and if we are trying to get to that elite level we need difference makers regardless of how many stars a player has.

I like him better than Mathis though :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mathis, Simpson, Flagg, Washington, and another lb? I know Washington is considered a striker and Miami is recruiting Harrell as a DE as I was told on here. Kinsler a lb too?
From whats being reported the staff sees kinsler as a lb and id tend to agree based off his size.

Advertisement
Advertisement
First year at LB last year right? I would expect a nice jump in production this year. And hopefully he gets a bump similar to Van Dyke, tho that may not come till around EOY.

Advertisement
Back