3-star 2020 LB AJ Mathis offered

Forgot about him. Thanks . So flowe mathis Kinsler and then either Simpson,flagg or austin-cave
don't forget Hyppolite. Though he is committed to Maryland its early in the cycle and if Miami really wants him then i think there is a chance he flips.

Advertisement

Glad to hear and congrats to the kid! We know this 2020 class has to be a deep LB class, so Mathis won't be it. There will be more. But he's a great start. A solid Plan B kid to get things rolling.

Even more glad to see that the staff is not stupid enough to follow the Richt recruiting model and fixate only on a couple of top splashy name recruits and spurn good solid kids who want to come -- then get left at the 11th hour f*cked because said top recruits spurn us for bag schools and the quality Plan B kids tell us to go f*ck ourselves....

Getting Mathis in the fold takes some of the pressure off. And, if he blows up next year, we've already got him. If he doesn't, we reprioritize.

Good move, Manny! Don't mortgage the farm on the bag chasers!!

I could see us also taking 1-2 extra DEs to be on the safe side of things. Kinsler being one. I could see us with Flowe, Mathis. Simpson, Austin Cave, Kinsler and Stewart.

That would be an elite haul
To further that sentiment I think its overally optimistic and in contrast to recent recruiting classes with 1-2 linebackers. However, if we are to believe the TNM, our west coast pull, immediate playing time available and the vision of a double digit win season, it could be for a lack of better words a perfect storm.

Advertisement
To further that sentiment I think its overally optimistic and in contrast to recent recruiting classes with 1-2 linebackers. However, if we are to believe the TNM, our west coast pull, immediate playing time available and the vision of a double digit win season, it could be for a lack of better words a perfect storm.

Mathis is the 1st of 4 LBs. I just want 2 of the 4 to come in and compete for a starting position next year.

don't forget Hyppolite. Though he is committed to Maryland its early in the cycle and if Miami really wants him then i think there is a chance he flips.
I think the other guys are higher on our board it would take either a huge season from him or us missing on recruits for him to be a take

I think the other guys are higher on our board it would take either a huge season from him or us missing on recruits for him to be a take
Well I'm being realistic, yes guys like Flowe are higher, but you should recruit them all the same. The chances of Flowe or guys like Simpson are not as high as Hyppolite and you should recruit expecting to not get everyone you target.

Advertisement
Well I'm being realistic, yes guys like Flowe are higher, but you should recruit them all the same. The chances of Flowe or guys like Simpson are not as high as Hyppolite and you should recruit expecting to not get everyone you target.
I agree but right now I dont think he has a commitable offer from us the other guys do that's what I'm going off of

I agree but right now I dont think he has a commitable offer from us the other guys do that's what I'm going off of
oh, well I don't know if that is true, because according to Hyppolite when UM offered they wanted him to commit on the spot.

Advertisement
oh, well I don't know if that is true, because according to Hyppolite when UM offered they wanted him to commit on the spot.
That's weird then. What makes you think he would have committed to Maryland then cause you said he would commit to us if we really want him and we wanted him to commit on spot

That's weird then. What makes you think he would have committed to Maryland then cause you said he would commit to us if we really want him and we wanted him to commit on spot
We were late to offer and Maryland has been on him for awhile. I'm saying that it is mad early in the process, he is a SFla recruit, and committed to Maryland, if Miami keeps pursuing him and showing him love, I am fairly confident Miami can flip him.

Advertisement
Mathis is a take in my book but I think he's picking Auburn or UF. They've been on him longer than us. But maybe us offering and getting him on an UOV was enough to hook him. We'll see at some point this week.

This aged well

Advertisement
Back