2024 3* DE/DT Daylen Russell from Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get it because even as a depth and developmental piece, he doesn’t have the raw measurable’s we’ve been told they’re looking for - size on the inside, length on the outside with twitch and speed (**** yo pause).

I mean we were told they don’t like Capers and McGahee from the same school for the same reasons yet this guy isn’t better now or in measurable’s for the future.

And yeah, I get it… we’ll land 2 highly rated DT’s. That’s great but it doesn’t change the selection based on the criteria as I’ve understood it.
I agree with everything you said, except if he wasn’t better right now than those other guys, than why didn’t those other guys have the same production and win Defensive Player of the Year?

I had hoped we would fill the DL class with some of the other targets though.

Advertisement
I’m not saying he’s a take. Just saying our coaches think he’s a take imo not a back up plan

Maybe im wrong but this isn’t indicative of where we are at with the other group to me
Honestly I prefer if he’s a back up plan because if they think he’s a take over any of the guys I listed that’s a bit more concerning

Honestly I prefer if he’s a back up plan because if they think he’s a take over any of the guys I listed that’s a bit more concerning
Haha that’s fair

Just logically to me do we really think Mario is waving a white flag at DL in May? Nothing about that makes any sense especially before all these visits

I don’t want to be in this “oh trust Mario” type vibe but usually when the dust settles and we get more info im usually like alright I get it I guess

Advertisement
Haha that’s fair

Just logically to me do we really think Mario is waving a white flag at DL in May? Nothing about that makes any sense especially before all these visits

I don’t want to be in this “oh trust Mario” type vibe but usually when the dust settles and we get more info im usually like alright I get it I guess
I think we’re in it for big time DL guys and will land some top tier dudes. I see this as separate. I don’t get it based on what I’ve understood to be what they’re looking for - especially on the developmental side.

I think we’re in it for big time DL guys and will land some top tier dudes. I see this as separate. I don’t get it based on what I’ve understood to be what they’re looking for - especially on the developmental side.
I’m in complete agreement. It’s an odd take…well if we actually take him right? It hasn’t happened yet so who knows

Ooof at taking this kid..
Frustrated World Cup GIF

Advertisement
Gaby keeps saying he is a high character kid and hard worker. I guess Mario just wants him to be part of the program for that

This same staff did evaluate gore out the portal to. They are abit weird with their size requirements that are all over the place at times.

They may be looking for the next Calijah Kancey...if he has the committable offer and cmmits i'll accept with open arms n welcome him in hopefully as an early spring entrant

Advertisement
Was texting with someone in the program and they like him. Think he’s a character type. Run setting edge, shift inside on passing downs.

He’s going to commit here I’m told.

I watched his film and did not see a take. Not sure what I’m missing, but it’s clearly something because Jason Taylor knows more than me.

Wonder if this is a “make sure we have a nice depth player in the boat and raise the floor” type take.

This person also expects a top-10 class for Miami when it’s all done.

This same staff did evaluate gore out the portal to. They are abit weird with their size requirements that are all over the place at times.

They may be looking for the next Calijah Kancey...if he has the committable offer and cmmits i'll accept with open arms n welcome him in hopefully as an early spring entrant
To add to the “what the heck do I know” of the last two posts, I really liked Gore on tape. He wrecked the best competition he played and has a motor that is among the best you’ll see.

Then he goes out and looks like a walk-on in the Spring game.

Advertisement
To add to the “what the heck do I know” of the last two posts, I really liked Gore on tape. He wrecked the best competition he played and has a motor that is among the best you’ll see.

Then he goes out and looks like a walk-on in the Spring game.
that spring game was wooooshh for me...

You actually had me high on him to atleast be a rotation guy with a role...Spring he looked like Corey King. Hopefully he was just low balling it...but from the frame to movement in the scrimmage he looked walk on like

Calijah's HS Highlight film is nonstop high impact plays. Dude was a beast, night and day compared to Russell's film. Also, if he stays at Columbus I don't believe he can early enroll.

that spring game was wooooshh for me...

You actually had me high on him to atleast be a rotation guy with a role...Spring he looked like Corey King. Hopefully he was just low balling it...but from the frame to movement in the scrimmage he looked walk on like
Nary a lie told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back