Kamarion Franklin

That doesn’t include:

David Stone
TA Cunningham
LJ McCray
TJ Lindsey
Alex January
Jayden Jackson

We are either taking more than 4 DTs or we don’t have the traction with as many guys as the board thinks it does.

Advertisement
I hate to be that guy but highlight tape was a little underwhelming. He does not look big enough to play tackle, nor fast and athletic enough to play end. He looks like a “tweener”. We are not seeing something the coaching staff is seeing….I hope.

Maybe a stand up DE/Edge
A Mesidor type? but that's where we're recruiting Cunningham,Franklin and Tindsley.It just seems to me it's hard for the staff to pass up on local talented DL even with us doing well with the top rated guys.It's why I think they will also try to sign Nicholas from Central who is around 6-3 290.

I hate to be that guy but highlight tape was a little underwhelming. He does not look big enough to play tackle, nor fast and athletic enough to play end. He looks like a “tweener”. We are not seeing something the coaching staff is seeing….I hope.
Apparently he's grown a couple inches since last season and now may have the frame to grow into a DT or SDE.

Advertisement
We keep hearing about all these 4 and 5* DTs we're likely to sign but don't be surprised when all is said and done that local 3* DTs Russell and Nicholas are 2 of the 4 we sign.It should be easier if we only have to spend big NIL on only 2 DTs instead of 4 and it also makes sense as these 2 locals are more likely to accept a redshirt and not transfer right away.If we were to sign 4 top DTs it's very likely 1 or 2 transfer if they don't play early..

If we ended up with a 4-man class of DT Russell, DT Nicholas, a 5-star DT and a 4-star DT, it's a grand slam home run.

There are basically 4 real 5-star DT's IMO. Landing one would be a huge coup. I don't even know anything about Russell. He's gravy. If Mario, Guidry, Coach Joe and JT want to take him in May that's good enough for me. There are chess moves going on we don't know about.

Last edited:
We already have OVs setup with:

Artavius Jones
Kendall Jackson
Justin Scott
Jericho Johnson
Aydin Breland
Kamarion Franklin

That doesn’t include:

David Stone
TA Cunningham
LJ McCray
TJ Lindsey
Alex January
Jayden Jackson

We are either taking more than 4 DTs or we don’t have the traction with as many guys as the board thinks it does.
There’s a mix of stuff happening to me but maybe I’m naive

1. We aren’t gonna land everyone. We will however land a few top tier talents

2. We need all the DL we can get

3. I don’t think this kid has anything to do with the others. Maybe it’s naive but we wouldn’t take him now at this point before all of the visits. Timing wise it makes more sense that we already wanted him than somehow panicking that we are missing out on people.

Advertisement
I think you’re being more than generous on your analysis of his highlight tape. He can probably cut 30% or more out of that tape and it might look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back