2024 3* DE/DT Daylen Russell from Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I guess another way to look at it and it was brought up already, is that it doesn’t affect the numbers overall. They want to take a flyer on this kid, say it’s a Zo special, and it doesn’t matter cause the counters are off this cycle anyway If any school has and inside track on a player at Central, it would be us. I’m reaching here but that would make sense.

I guess another way to look at it and it was brought up already, is that it doesn’t affect the numbers overall. They want to take a flyer on this kid, say it’s a Zo special, and it doesn’t matter cause the counters are off this cycle anyway If any school has and inside track on a player at Central, it would be us. I’m reaching here but that would make sense.
I’ll worry about him and numbers when he commits here and we hear more about it

Until then no idea what we are all even doing here

Advertisement
Did you get any indication maybe that they liked what they saw in practice/scrimmages? IIRC we had Shavers on the radar and Taylor saw him practice/scrimmage and he said “take this kid now”

Maybe the kid hit a spurt we won’t know until the season. His height seems all over from 6’0”-6’3”. Wondering what his real measurements are right now. I’ll be very impressed by this if we get the kid this early and he starts blowing up.

I’m not going to whine about it though. It’s May and if the kid isn’t very good we can respectfully push him to another school between now and December. As long as what Gaby’s said is true and this does not affect taking any DL we are after.
Sooner or later we are going to create the fingers crossed emoji

Yeah that’s something Gaby said and like the majority of his word salad’s, it doesn’t make much sense. Yes, IC counters are gone but we’re still beholden to the 85 cap which I believe we’re close too. I don’t know the number but let’s say the plan is to take 8 total DL (DT/DE) and for whatever reason he’s one of those 8, it means he filled that spot and not someone else. We didn’t go back to the 60’s where we can just give out unlimited scholarships and keep players from other teams.

Yeah that’s something Gaby said and like the majority of his word salad’s, it doesn’t make much sense. Yes, IC counters are gone but we’re still beholden to the 85 cap which I believe we’re close too. I don’t know the number but let’s say the plan is to take 8 total DL (DT/DE) and for whatever reason he’s one of those 8, it means he filled that spot and not someone else. We didn’t go back to the 60’s where we can just give out unlimited scholarships and keep players from other teams.
Can he play QB?

Advertisement
I mean the reason we are discussing this is because he commits in two days and the feedback from people in the know is that we like him as a prospect.
Yeah. And I’m just saying we established everyone (including myself) what we think like 6 pages ago

So at this point we are just jerking off

But as mirvin said that’s just kinda what we do

Advertisement

It can be both. What if the staff allotment of ICs includes some wiggle room?

Say 25 ICs and all of the roster management umbers are set leaving for arguments sake 3 ‘extra’ for add in kids. It wouldn’t directly affect the DL numbers they’ve allotted, just other potential add in prospects.

No clue if this is remotely true but the only way I could envision it not affecting numbers. I don’t think Gaby would lie about that.

Firm but fair

You’ve said “wait and see” too many times you’re over the cap for a thread already

Awkward Episode 2 GIF by The Office

See you in a few hours when my counter resets.

It can be both. What if the staff allotment of ICs includes some wiggle room?

Say 25 ICs and all of the roster management umbers are set leaving for arguments sake 3 ‘extra’ for add in kids. It wouldn’t directly affect the DL numbers they’ve allotted, just other potential add in prospects.

No clue if this is remotely true but the only way I could envision it not affecting numbers. I don’t think Gaby would lie about that.
Point is it affects the 85 total number, whether that’s on DL or some other position it will affect it somewhere.

Advertisement
Point is it affects the 85 total number, whether that’s on DL or some other position it will affect it somewhere.
Yeah it’s all strange. Either we just really love the kid and they know things no one else does, or they are trying to be a little too cute with evals.

Or he winds up not committing here in two days and it makes more sense

We know Mario can recruit but being down here now with all the competition in his backyard these types of things will be benchmarks for the future.

Least likely scenario to me is still that it somehow means we aren’t confident elsewhere. If it was July then I could see that.

Yeah it’s all strange. Either we just really love the kid and they know things no one else does, or they are trying to be a little too cute with evals.

Or he winds up not committing here in two days and it makes more sense

We know Mario can recruit but being down here now with all the competition in his backyard these types of things will be benchmarks for the future.

Least likely scenario to me is still that it somehow means we aren’t confident elsewhere. If it was July then I could see that.
Only exemption to numbers would be if he’s a PWO, either because he’s paying his way, has a parent who works at school or is maybe an excellent student who qualifies for a full academic ride (don’t know how NCAA views that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back