2024 3* DE/DT Daylen Russell from Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Over It Abandon Thread GIF

Advertisement
These two posts are a perfect summation.
Sure we don’t know if he is committing here for sure but there are signs that he very well may.

-A respected member of the board, Htown, starts it off by asking if we are taking this kid on the 27th.
-Rivals change it’s forecast to Miami
-Gabby confirms that staff likes him and would take his commitment
-Lance confirms that staff likes him as well and says he ehh on the take.
-Gogeta says ehhh on the take
-DMoney confirm the staff likes him and he is doing more digging.

That right there will make this a hot topic on the board, especially when our DT board looks to be developing nicely and we have every highly rated DT in the country visiting in June.

Last edited:
He's the Flagg of d-line recruiting.
That means most the board is going to love his film like they loved Flagg. Now their eyes have been opened since MC first class. They done forgot how UM players looked back then. I remember everyone loving Flagg. Talking about his IQ.....I knew that was a bad sign when your IQ is the main thing people talk about. That's like saying he's a possession wr....meaning he's slow. It's just a nice way of saying he's slow but we will call him a rangy possession wr. I'm thinking to myself ok that's probably a jag.

Advertisement
That means most the board is going to love his film like they loved Flagg. Now their eyes have been opened since MC first class. They done forgot how UM players looked back then. I remember everyone loving Flagg. Talking about his IQ.....I knew that was a bad sign when your IQ is the main thing people talk about. That's like saying he's a possession wr....meaning he's slow. It's just a nice way of saying he's slow but we will call him a rangy possession wr. I'm thinking to myself ok that's probably a jag.
Exactly they start making excuses to not mention the athleticism, like with this guy they saying he has high motor and hustles alot. I don't know if that's a good or bad sign lol

Exactly they start making excuses to not mention the athleticism, like with this guy they saying he has high motor and hustles alot. I don't know if that's a good or bad sign lol
Facts, if thats their main power level I check myself out quick and notch it up as a jag. I like those traits on a 5 star cause thats rare from super talents, to give it their all and not even get tired. They grab a bottle of Gatorade now and they out of breath and need to be subbed out.

Let's just roll with he's 6'3 255, young for his grade, gigantic parents, and a frame to get bigger! Dade DPOY as a junior... gonna have a Bain type senior year.....

Advertisement
Facts, if thats their main power level I check myself out quick and notch it up as a jag. I like those traits on a 5 star cause thats rare from super talents, to give it their all and not even get tired. They grab a bottle of Gatorade now and they out of breath and need to be subbed out.
Right the first thing the people bring up about a guy is him playing hard and not his physical abilities that's a red flag lol. But you right need guys that can run.all day and not get tired

Don't worry, we've been assured this DL class is going to be amazing. No need for evidence.

It is interesting though that we currently only have one blue chip player in the 2024 class (Robinson). By comparison, Cristobals Oregon replacement, Lanning has 11 blue chips already committed.

Yet everyone is saying not to worry because it's early. Thats not much of a answer. St[BGCOLOR=initial]range that other top schools like have no problem revealing they have a bunch of blue chips committed. Seems like that would attract other top talent. [/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]It looks like Cristobal is banking heavily on Highsmiths evals, and those don't align with 247 rankings. So we could end up with a 2024 class ranked in the mid teens. I'm not saying the "3 star Hidden Gems" plan is absolutely doomed to failure, but I don't think that is what folks expected (well, the slurpers anyways) when Cristobal got hired. [/BGCOLOR]

Last edited:
Advertisement
It is interesting though that we currently only have one blue chip player in the 2024 class (Robinson). By comparison, Cristobals Oregon replacement, Lanning has 11 blue chips already committed.

Yet everyone is saying not to worry because it's early. Thats not much of a answer. St[BGCOLOR=initial]range that other top schools like have no problem revealing they have a bunch of blue chips committed. Seems like that would attract other top talent. [/BGCOLOR]
Sure but this exact same thing happened last year and we turned out allright. Different coaches have different strategies. If we are through the summer and don’t have a much better class then there will be cause for concern.

[BGCOLOR=initial]It looks like Cristobal is banking heavily on Highsmiths evals, and those don't align with 247 rankings. So we could end up with a 2024 class ranked in the mid teens. I'm not saying the "3 star Hidden Gems" plan is doomed to failure, but I don't think that is what folks expected (well, the slurpers anyways) when Cristobal got hired. [/BGCOLOR]
I don't agree with several things you've said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back