2024 3* DE/DT Daylen Russell from Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Only exemption to numbers would be if he’s a PWO, either because he’s paying his way, has a parent who works at school or is maybe an excellent student who qualifies for a full academic ride (don’t know how NCAA views that).
Yeah. Rabbit hole of speculation from me so at this point it’s like well ****, let’s see what happens in a couple of days. Gut feeling was this has my spidey senses going for a delay in his announcement

It is interesting though that we currently only have one blue chip player in the 2024 class (Robinson). By comparison, Cristobals Oregon replacement, Lanning has 11 blue chips already committed.

Yet everyone is saying not to worry because it's early. Thats not much of a answer. St[BGCOLOR=initial]range that other top schools like have no problem revealing they have a bunch of blue chips committed. Seems like that would attract other top talent. [/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]It looks like Cristobal is banking heavily on Highsmiths evals, and those don't align with 247 rankings. So we could end up with a 2024 class ranked in the mid teens. I'm not saying the "3 star Hidden Gems" plan is absolutely doomed to failure, but I don't think that is what folks expected (well, the slurpers anyways) when Cristobal got hired. [/BGCOLOR]
I get what your saying cuz it’s definitely getting to “how many more three stars we going take” but everyone we’ve taken before I feel like is better than their ranking. This kid on the other hand is the first time I’m questioning a take, to me it doesn’t make sense.

Advertisement
To my untrained and unprofessional eye the measurables don’t match what we say we want

His tape is very so-so

This kid must be a alpha locally and can command some respect and maybe be a locker room guy… just not seeing it but if he’s on board I’ll root for him

You don’t win DPOTY in Miami without being a baller. Timing just weird. Comes a day after Gaby personally says the consensus top 50 teammate (Capers) isn’t high on UMs list… but this guy has green light.

But once again, I have a lot of things to critique Rio on, recruiting isn’t one. I’ll trust him.

You don’t win DPOTY in Miami without being a baller. Timing just weird. Comes a day after Gaby personally says the consensus top 50 teammate (Capers) isn’t high on UMs list… but this guy has green light.

But once again, I have a lot of things to critique Rio on, recruiting isn’t one. I’ll trust him.
This kid has a green light but we’re not interested in Capers / Capers’ body type???

Those dots just just don’t connect.

I believe we’ll land another strong class with studs on the DL. This isn’t a question for me about those things.

Advertisement
I don’t get it because even as a depth and developmental piece, he doesn’t have the raw measurable’s we’ve been told they’re looking for - size on the inside, length on the outside with twitch and speed (**** yo pause).

I mean we were told they don’t like Capers and McGahee from the same school for the same reasons yet this guy isn’t better now or in measurable’s for the future.

And yeah, I get it… we’ll land 2 highly rated DT’s. That’s great but it doesn’t change the selection based on the criteria as I’ve understood it.

Yeah, the guy I wouldn't want to overlook there is McGahee.

And people can make fun of UM alums who want to see UM legacies get a look. But Willis played with reckless abandon. If his son can do that, TAKE HIM.

Yeah, the guy I wouldn't want to overlook there is McGahee.

And people can make fun of UM alums who want to see UM legacies get a look. But Willis played with reckless abandon. If his son can do that, TAKE HIM.
Just weird man. Something is odd with Columbus this year.

Advertisement
Bottom line - do you think we end up with top 7 class in 2024? That is still a bit lower than I would like but would at least keep the roster competitive.

Highly unlikely. With Stephens we would match as many 3 stars in this class already as we had in 2023. Also, our current 3 stars are much lower ranked compared to last years. It is extremely unlikely any get bumped to a 4 star based on how low most are ranked.

Right now we would need all blue chip commits the rest of the way with at least 2 five stars to most likely crack the top 10 for 2024.

Highly unlikely. With Stephens we would match as many 3 stars in this class already as we had in 2023. Also, our current 3 stars are much lower ranked compared to last years. It is extremely unlikely any get bumped to a 4 star based on how low most are ranked.

Right now we would need all blue chip commits the rest of the way with at least 2 five stars to most likely crack the top 10 for 2024.
I think CWH will be a 4. Thomas has an okay chance but hardly a lock.

Run Away Snow White GIF

Advertisement
Ya that's what I said early in this thread...Is this like an olive branch to Columbus for passing on Stephenson and Mcgahee and any bad blood from Capers?
I don’t know. I can’t make sense of it. I would think that they’d try to recruit the other two if they made a mistake as opposed to recruit a guy who they feel isn’t as good. I can’t see Mario giving away scholarships like that but maybe you’re right - there’s something going on.

This kid has a green light but we’re not interested in Capers / Capers’ body type???

Those dots just just don’t connect.

I believe we’ll land another strong class with studs on the DL. This isn’t a question for me about those things.
Yeah I have questions. But hey, I’ll hold my criticism for when Mario is calling 2 TOs in 1st quarter vs A&M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back