2024 3* DE/DT Daylen Russell from Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This kid will be a solid addition to our 24 DL class. He won Miami-Dade Defensive player last year and had a big role in Columbus championship season. Everyone wants Capers. Yes the measurables are there but other things are not. Capers had very limited snaps for that squad last year

Hector Chavez is another guy we need to target in 2025. Undersized LB but has good football IQ

Larry Blustein loves him, apparently fwiw.

I love this place. The same guys who ***** each year about us missing on the lightly recruited Dade 3-stars with warts that end up blowing up at a lower-5 P5 school instead of Miami are the same guys who are complaining about Miami taking a high-character moderately recruited 3-star from here that was Dade County Defensive Player of the Year on the field as a junior, and has offers from Miami, FSU, L'ville, WVU, and Nebraska. Because, you know, they didn't like what they saw on youtube while they were dropping a deuce at Burger King yesterday.

CIS, never change.

Advertisement

I love this place. The same guys who ***** each year about us missing on the lightly recruited Dade 3-stars with warts that end up blowing up at a lower-5 P5 school instead of Miami are the same guys who are complaining about Miami taking a high-character moderately recruited 3-star from here that was Dade County Defensive Player of the Year on the field as a junior, and has offers from Miami, FSU, L'ville, WVU, and Nebraska. Because, you know, they didn't like what they saw on youtube while they were dropping a deuce at Burger King yesterday.

CIS, never change.

Be patient fellas, CE is correct.....

Advertisement

CIS, never change.
fourth of july dog GIF

I think moving forward if getting a Dade DPOY is a general principle we're running with, I'm ok with that.

My guess is you take all the blue chip guys you can get along that line but if you see a Calijah Kancey in your backyard and he isn't afraid of competition you take him too. We wonder later how those mistakes are made and I'm guessing this is what it looks like to not make them.

Advertisement

CIS, never change.
Respectfully, that’s like saying a chic is hot because Paranos likes her. While Bluestein is in the Human Being HOF, he loves everyone. If we recruited based off of who he liked it would make Manny Diaz seem like Mario and Butch Da GAWD of recruiting.

Advertisement
Be patient fellas, CE is correct.....
Aside from the highlights being nothing special, the thing that makes no sense is that there’s supposedly prototypical body types which Capers and McGahee from the same School don’t fit, nor does this guy, but we want him and not them???

Respectfully, that’s like saying a chic is hot because Paranos likes her. While Bluestein is in the Human Being HOF, he loves everyone. If we recruited based off of who he liked it would make Manny Diaz seem like Mario and Butch Da GAWD of recruiting.

Yes, I said "fwiw" for that very reason, agree. But at least Bluestein has seen him play full games multiple times with his own eyes. It doesn't mean he's a million dollar scout or that his word is the end. If he was, he'd be a million dollar scout. But I put that way above people who pop off without seeing the kid.

But you couple that with DPOY (that's a big ******* deal to me), other very good offers including FSU who we have to play each year, and Mario, Guidry, Joe, JT and Zo seemingly all wanting him, and that's enough to for me to maybe not have a lot of faith in the Burger King youtube brigade.

Like I said in my first response. We want our staff to be able to evaluate local kids where its hard to see it instead of losing them to L'ville, Purdue, NCST, etc. and then seeing them flourish. All those kids, many who end up in the NFL don't look like the best of prospects coming in.

This is exactly what the process looks like. Seeing what other coaches (and fans lol) can't see.

I don't have access to the board so I have no clue

CIS, never change.

Second point I agree with. As far as Blue goes, Im not sure Ive ever heard him say "Yeah, I don't think he's Miami material." He likes the kids he gets to know and I get it. Same reason he was pushing for Charlie Strong to get the DC gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back