2024 3* DE/DT Daylen Russell from Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s more than just his disputed size for anyone who has watched his film. Honestly the only thing more baffling than him being a take for UM is that he won DPOY in Dade County with that “highlight” film.
This is what I was gonna ask about. If his film is that, “mid”, then how the fucc did he win Dade Co. DPOY? It’s gotta be something we’re missing, right? I need to go watch these highlights. Maybe he’s got a secret stash of highlights out there somewhere. 🤣😂🤣

Advertisement
I am digging into this one more. I know we like him.

One thing about his highlight, because I had similar thoughts to most of you: it appears that it goes game-by-game. I hate when players do that. Most highlights put the best plays first.
Measurements are all over the place.

Lol wtf that’s weird considering the caliber on DLine guys we are after
It is a bit strange, however, Mario’s history shows us he is not afraid to stack a position in the same recruiting class. He was on pace to take 6 to 8 olinemen in 2022 for Oregon. Hopefully, it is the same type of deal with the dlinemen this cycle.

Moreover, of course there is the emotional bias being this is the Dade DPOY from his Alma mater, in the same cycle a top 50 national defensive recruit from his alma mater does not seem interested in Miami.

All this to say, I do not think this take tells us much about our chances with the guys OVing in the next month.

Last edited:
Advertisement
6’3” 255 > 6’1” 230 or so. The highlights still weren’t anything special so it really doesn’t make sense to me but whatever. I know we’ll be good at the top end.
The Highlights won him DPOY in Dade as a Junior. He's got game. The debate is and rightfully so, does he have the body type? Jason Taylor Says yes

The Highlights won him DPOY in Dade as a Junior. He's got game. The debate is and rightfully so, does he have the body type? Jason Taylor Says yes
No gracias. We can debate what we saw on the tape if we want to as well whether you agree or not. Corey Flagg had all kinds of recognitions in his high school conference too and he played at North Shore which is legit.

Maybe they plan on putting him on the chickillo meal plan and gaining 60 lbs
IMG_0145.gif

Not really for or against the take, dont know enough but guessing they see him as the edge setting type who does the dirty work against certain teams/packages. Kind of a complimentary player to all the flashy 5 star pas rushers

Advertisement
Not really for or against the take, dont know enough but guessing they see him as the edge setting type who does the dirty work against certain teams/packages. Kind of a complimentary player to all the flashy 5 star pas rushers
They clearly like him so there is that, but you dont need a developmental prospect to set the edge and do the dirty work. There are highly rated kids that do that, we got one of those along the DL last year in Wayne.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

His play won him DPOY, not necessarily his highlights. Sometimes the editing choices made in a highlight tape exaggerate a kid's ability, but sometimes the highlights downplay it. Maybe this is a case of the latter, because those highlights don't scream DPOY in Miami-Dade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back