2nd Scrimmage Breakdown

Advertisement
Facts; to the point where I have messages from before the deadline stating that for the aforementioned two that they had informed their schools of their intentions to transfer to Miami. What sort of bull**** that transpired to keep that from happening? Well, we know. We were the school that was mentioned for both that ‘almost got them to transfer’ but guess what? Those schools got desperate and overpaid to keep them. In the case of Zay, it was also some really ****** agent games and that situation was resolved three different ways over as many days. It happens. There was no lack of effort LMAO.
Thanks for providing all those details. It's crazy but this is how the game plays out sometimes.

Facts; to the point where I have messages from before the deadline stating that for the aforementioned two that they had informed their schools of their intentions to transfer to Miami. What sort of bull**** that transpired to keep that from happening? Well, we know. We were the school that was mentioned for both that ‘almost got them to transfer’ but guess what? Those schools got desperate and overpaid to keep them. In the case of Zay, it was also some really ****** agent games and that situation was resolved three different ways over as many days. It happens. There was no lack of effort LMAO.
law and order crazy shit GIF

Advertisement
So a friend of mine broke down Gabby and Lake 2nd scrimmage podcast. Here are the notes he took:

OFFENSE!

* TVD was TVD
* Jake Garcia needs work on Gattis’s playbook. Lake says he needs to stop forcing throws & sometimes go conservative or throw it away.
* Jacurri up & down. Just typical freshman things.
* Drops (not so great)

* Rooster is gonna be RB1. Staff is keeping him in healthy with limited snaps. Being VERY cautious on him.
* Thad & Parrish ran the ball just fine.
* Davon Perry looked decent (walk on RB)
* Chaney’s injury is hopefully a 6-8 week thing… yikes

* WR - the biggest question mark of the entire team. Make or break basically
* Ladson & Smith most likely starters on the outside. They like Keyshawn as WR1 right now. “Frank is frustrating the most” says he isn’t using his body like he should.
* X looks good, had a drop in the scrimmage. Predict him to get 800 ish receiving yards.
* They need to win more 50/50 balls. Not enough contested catches. It was more of 25/75. It could also mean the secondary is seriously legit.
* Mello, George, Smith flash, need more consistency. Thinks if Ladson & Keyshawn struggle these guys are going to play a lot more.
* Jacolby was the only one with a receiving TD. (YIKES).
* Cannot drop the ball or you will get benched. Lake thinks this is another possible Pope/Wiggins situation…
* Sounds like they are throwing the ball and trying to utilize TVD at his best.

* TE group looks fantastic. Arroyo is gonna be the starter with Mallory injured.
* Expect two TE sets. Skinner is going to play.

* Jalen Rivers = STUD
* John Campbell has taken a big improvement. Still needs work but has been serviceable
* The group is good. The coaches are happy with the O Line.

* They really like Gattis & confident he’s gonna do his job just fine. Plenty of praise for him. Potential HC one day they mentioned.

DEFENSE!

* They think the defense is going to be borderline great / elite.
* “Darrell Jackson is a freak” Lake thinks him, Mesidor, Agude are game changers.
* Harvey is very talented & athletic. Thinks he’s the 1B for Agude.
* JHH & LT “20-25 snaps” make those plays.
* Chantz Williams “talented and very athletic” 20-25 snaps.
* Jake Lichtenstein “freak, his length is gonna be important”
* Moultrie is “very quick”
* It’s going to be a lot of personnel on the offense they face. But sounds like the transfers are going to start. Mario fixed that room quickly.
* David Lake: “deepest group in my 15 years working for Miami” 😎😎😎
* DL group is stacked. Strongest part of the team other than safety & TVD. Much much better than 2021. They think it can be as good as Clemson.

* Linebacker play is “serviceable”
* Caleb Johnson is going to start. Says he’s super strong and has shocked some players he’s tackled.
* Keontra Smith needs improvement. Execution isn’t 100% there.
* They think Steed & Johnson are the two primary starters. It’s more of experience at first who’s gonna play more. Staff wants to see Wesley & Chase in games more before giving them more playing time.

* James & Tae looked fantastic. Safety room loaded
* Rique was at STAR. Looked good
* Te’Cory Couch has been locking down ****!
* Couch & Porter can play nickel
* Rique, Dunson, Frierson more physical guys.
* “The D line group is going to help the secondary” 😎😎😎😎

They said the A&M game is a big test & game you’ll see how the team is. The coaching has been fantastic. Much praise for Addae & improving the secondary significantly. Players will play more on certain schemes they face. Georgia Tech for ex. “9 personnel groups on defense” Lake thinks they’ll have a top 30 defense.

Everything sounds pretty amazing. Although your buddies wrong Mallory isn’t injured he’s dinged up and they are saving him for the beginning of the season. He will start with Arroyo at the same time.

lets see how this defense plays in the games.

I know our board feels confident until I see it idk man….hopefully every one of you is correct. But Defense is my love passion, side of the ball I played my whole life.

Watched some of our transfers highlights I think we got better but not Clemson level. **** this line ain’t better than Pittsburgh DL.

Let’s see in the games!

Advertisement
The question is can the offense average 27 points per game (not including Bethune Cookman). if so, we should win almost every game.
27 is pretty low my guy...

For perspective, FSU averaged 27.6 last year, Oregon averaged 31.4 & their Offense was pretty pedestrian.

We should be aiming for 30-32 at minimum, if we plan on winning more than 8 games.

The only way you can score that low on average & still win games is if you have a top 5 Defense, like Clemson; they had the #2 ranked Defense in the Nation but averaged around 29 a game.

Advertisement
That's a healthy slapdïck rotation right there.
Appreciate this dude. Already saying this could be another Pope/Wiggins situation is pretty strong. Problem is with those two back in 2020 is when they dropped balls, they didn't get benched. That quickly changed last year with the lack of PT both guys saw. If you start dropping balls with this staff, you bet your *** is getting benched.

I figured Mallory would be good to go to start the year but if they have to keep him out for the first game I'm ok with that. Arroyo and Skinner could hold it down but need Will back for A&M.

I assume the OL will have a 7 man rotation once Zion is back.

Very interested to see this DL rotation. Sounds like they are deeper than the 2017 DL.

Here's to staying healthy going into 9/3. Hopefully Don isn't out the 6-8 weeks those slapdicks at 247 claim.

So a friend of mine broke down Gabby and Lake 2nd scrimmage podcast. Here are the notes he took:

OFFENSE!

* TVD was TVD
* Jake Garcia needs work on Gattis’s playbook. Lake says he needs to stop forcing throws & sometimes go conservative or throw it away.
* Jacurri up & down. Just typical freshman things.
* Drops (not so great)

* Rooster is gonna be RB1. Staff is keeping him in healthy with limited snaps. Being VERY cautious on him.
* Thad & Parrish ran the ball just fine.
* Davon Perry looked decent (walk on RB)
* Chaney’s injury is hopefully a 6-8 week thing… yikes

* WR - the biggest question mark of the entire team. Make or break basically
* Ladson & Smith most likely starters on the outside. They like Keyshawn as WR1 right now. “Frank is frustrating the most” says he isn’t using his body like he should.
* X looks good, had a drop in the scrimmage. Predict him to get 800 ish receiving yards.
* They need to win more 50/50 balls. Not enough contested catches. It was more of 25/75. It could also mean the secondary is seriously legit.
* Mello, George, Smith flash, need more consistency. Thinks if Ladson & Keyshawn struggle these guys are going to play a lot more.
* Jacolby was the only one with a receiving TD. (YIKES).
* Cannot drop the ball or you will get benched. Lake thinks this is another possible Pope/Wiggins situation…
* Sounds like they are throwing the ball and trying to utilize TVD at his best.

* TE group looks fantastic. Arroyo is gonna be the starter with Mallory injured.
* Expect two TE sets. Skinner is going to play.

* Jalen Rivers = STUD
* John Campbell has taken a big improvement. Still needs work but has been serviceable
* The group is good. The coaches are happy with the O Line.

* They really like Gattis & confident he’s gonna do his job just fine. Plenty of praise for him. Potential HC one day they mentioned.

DEFENSE!

* They think the defense is going to be borderline great / elite.
* “Darrell Jackson is a freak” Lake thinks him, Mesidor, Agude are game changers.
* Harvey is very talented & athletic. Thinks he’s the 1B for Agude.
* JHH & LT “20-25 snaps” make those plays.
* Chantz Williams “talented and very athletic” 20-25 snaps.
* Jake Lichtenstein “freak, his length is gonna be important”
* Moultrie is “very quick”
* It’s going to be a lot of personnel on the offense they face. But sounds like the transfers are going to start. Mario fixed that room quickly.
* David Lake: “deepest group in my 15 years working for Miami” 😎😎😎
* DL group is stacked. Strongest part of the team other than safety & TVD. Much much better than 2021. They think it can be as good as Clemson.

* Linebacker play is “serviceable”
* Caleb Johnson is going to start. Says he’s super strong and has shocked some players he’s tackled.
* Keontra Smith needs improvement. Execution isn’t 100% there.
* They think Steed & Johnson are the two primary starters. It’s more of experience at first who’s gonna play more. Staff wants to see Wesley & Chase in games more before giving them more playing time.

* James & Tae looked fantastic. Safety room loaded
* Rique was at STAR. Looked good
* Te’Cory Couch has been locking down ****!
* Couch & Porter can play nickel
* Rique, Dunson, Frierson more physical guys.
* “The D line group is going to help the secondary” 😎😎😎😎

They said the A&M game is a big test & game you’ll see how the team is. The coaching has been fantastic. Much praise for Addae & improving the secondary significantly. Players will play more on certain schemes they face. Georgia Tech for ex. “9 personnel groups on defense” Lake thinks they’ll have a top 30 defense.

Starting to feel like this issue with receivers dropping the ball is a curse

Advertisement
27 is pretty low my guy...

For perspective, FSU averaged 27.6 last year, Oregon averaged 31.4 & their Offense was pretty pedestrian.

We should be aiming for 30-32 at minimum, if we plan on winning more than 8 games.

The only way you can score that low on average & still win games is if you have a top 5 Defense, like Clemson; they had the #2 ranked Defense in the Nation but averaged around 29 a game.
Yeah i was being too conservatIve. I was really thinking 30 pts per game.
I know its not the NFL, but I can see us winning a lot of 30-21 type games.

Advertisement
Back