25 is the number

25 per year. EEs can count towards 2019 OR 2020. In the end, my money is on Manny not signing 25 anyway. If he does, I may actually get back on the wagon. The portal is NOT the answer until we get close to 85 and have extra counters available.

We get close to 85 when we give Ragone, Alford, and potentially other 3rd-year walk-ons ships. Keep Patch will help actually. The ten transfers have really hurt our chances of getting to 85.

At this point, the only way that we can count any EEs towards 2019 is if they are replacing December graduates who leave the team.

Advertisement
With all of the discussion about how confusing countbacks, rollbacks, etc. are, here are some real numbers.

we currently have 73 schollys. if patchan stays, 11 Seinors are leaving. That leaves 62.
we currently have 20 commits. 20+62= 82.
there would be 3 schollys left. I can think of a few that need to be pulled.

Where does it go from here? Comments are welcome.

With all of the discussion about how confusing countbacks, rollbacks, etc. are, here are some real numbers.

we currently have 73 schollys. if patchan stays, 11 Seinors are leaving. That leaves 62.
we currently have 20 commits. 20+62= 82.
there would be 3 schollys left. I can think of a few that need to be pulled.

Where does it go from here? Comments are welcome.

We could have 50 players leave the team, and 50 scholarship slots open up.

But we can only enroll 25, plus replacements for December undergrads who graduate and leave the team.

We could have 50 players leave the team, and 50 scholarship slots open up.

But we can only enroll 25, plus replacements for December undergrads who graduate and leave the team.
So assuming no one leaves, we would have to pull 2 schollys to have 5 available in order to sign a class of 25. Is that correct?

So assuming no one leaves, we would have to pull 2 schollys to have 5 available in order to sign a class of 25. Is that correct?

If Midlo's numbers are correct, yes. Not all have to be "pulled". Deejay has long been rumored to be leaving early. But if those numbers are correct, we need some "attrition", of any type.

Advertisement
If Midlo's numbers are correct, yes. Not all have to be "pulled". Deejay has long been rumored to be leaving early. But if those numbers are correct, we need some "attrition", of any type.
I should have said "free up" instead of "pull". But the idea was the same.

Rumor is ivins is already writing a story that says “ 26 is the new number “

Which will then make Original cane lose his shot on everyone here.

Ha! If Ivins has stone-cold proof that someone is graduating in December, I'll be fine with that. I hope for as many IC slots as possible, but I'm not going to make up some bullchit about UM coaches enrolling less than 25 guys for 10 consecutive years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back