25 is the number

With the way the transfer portal is they need to extend the scholarship counters you can take from 25 to at least 30
Agreed, Asa counts against our 25 and didn’t even make it to the season, that’s ridiculous

Advertisement
Portal kids can count against the 2021 class if they blueshirt or wait to enroll until Fall camp like Phillips did

Advertisement
FOR THE 1 MILLIONTH TIME WE DO NOT HAVE ANY ROLLBACKS LEFTTTTTTTTTTT. IT DOES NOT MATTER IF ANYONE ENROLLS EARLY BECAUSE LAST YEAR WE REACHED A FULL 25 CLASS SO WE CANNOT COUNT ANYONE IN THIS CLASS TOWARDS LAST YEAR'S COUNTERS.
No way I am making that mistake. 25 period. ✔️

Branch will decommit soon so there's another open spot.

This is the **** that blows my mind. Everyone on this board basically called this recommit months ago.

Yet the staff was recruiting DB’s like they didn’t see it coming. It’s going to take a Christian Williams type miracle to save this DB Class.

Advertisement
Here’s my bet. We won’t be at 85 scholarships come February 2020 post signing day....so add up the counters, EE and transfers all you want fellas. Slice it and dice it. UM will not be at a full 85.

FOR THE 1 MILLIONTH TIME WE DO NOT HAVE ANY ROLLBACKS LEFTTTTTTTTTTT. IT DOES NOT MATTER IF ANYONE ENROLLS EARLY BECAUSE LAST YEAR WE REACHED A FULL 25 CLASS SO WE CANNOT COUNT ANYONE IN THIS CLASS TOWARDS LAST YEAR'S COUNTERS.
We will have spots from transfers or kids quitting

Advertisement
If we assume 5...I'll call it 6 and assume the Branch rumors are true. And I'm hoping for a substitute in K.Wash spot at striker (Corbin Gibson or Reaves from Edison)

1. OL
2. OL
3. DB Harrell
4. CB D.Brown
5. DB Francois/Williams/Benentt
6. WR Emilen or others.

Kinda hard to tell DE Harrell no if he wants in though?

Then I hope we add another OL, and a portal kicker if they don't think Price is the answer (and the kid should be drilled everyday...If he can't make 8 out of 10 from 44, and 6 out of 10 from 48, and 5 out of 10 from 51+...then he's not the answer....Shouldn't be handed a scholly just for making some short fg in games.

Also if there's any backfield attrition, then portal needs to be hit for RB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don't understand why people want to throw Moise to OL so fast, could it happen? Yes, but the kid definitely gets his first look at DT and looks like a **** good one.
Well, he's played both ways on the line and we're stacked depth wise at d tackle so it's smart if he transitions to offensive guard where we're paper thin depth wise.

I wish the NCAA wised you concerning the portal and the lack of depth that this is creating towards the 85 count. If they have made it easier for kids to transfer, them they are only hurting marginal kids coming out of high school. Those lower 3 stars will end up having to select lower tier schools since the portal transfers count against the 25/year count.
Think about it this way, if a kid counted against one schools 25 when recruited out of high school and against another schools 25 when he transfers, aren’t we shrinking the potential scholarship pool available to football athletes? The rule should be changed to a plus minus on the transfer portal for that calendar year. Njoku and Hightower hit the portal, we should get 2 additional spots to take from the portal. This way the 25 count is all high school recruiting and under the radar kids get an opportunity to show out versus their spot going to a sophomore or junior in the portal.
NCAA makes no sense whatsoever with their rules.

agree with all of this.

if taking transfers crowds out HS kids, that's not good. it's different with JUCO's in my mind, but the portal needs its own rules on what counts and what doesn't. it's a bit of a different animal, and should be administered as such. but that requires logic, reason, and thought, and this is the NCAA we're talking about, so i don't have high hopes.

Advertisement
Back