25 is the number

Well, he's played both ways on the line and we're stacked depth wise at d tackle so it's smart if he transitions to offensive guard where we're paper thin depth wise.

Ya, I don't think we are stacked up at all...That's one of the position groups you just throw numbers at. Not to mention, 3 of the "stacked up" guys have accomplished nothing there. We need 2 this year, Moise is one of the 2.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't understand how the whole "counter" **** works, and how the portal is added into the equation...So if we lose DJ and Thomas...And then like 5 or 6 (likely imo...at least 1 qb will go, I imagine at least 1 of the OL, I doubt both Polendey and Irvin are on the team next year, etc, etc)...And we are at say 56, we give 1 to a walk on like Ragone or Alford, whoever, and 1 to Price...

A. Do those walk-ons count towards the 25? Towards counters?
B. Are we only allowed to bring in 25 including portal? or 25 + portal?
C. EE number doesn't matter this year, correct? None can count towards last? Or is there some who ccan count to last year...Is the EE number limited this year?

Well Zach Mccloud has already graduated...so thats 1

If he already graduated (i.e., NOT in December), then he is a graduate student and does NOT count for the "mid-year replacement rule".

You only get to "replace" an Initial Counter for guys who graduate in December and who do NOT return to school.

I don't understand how the whole "counter" **** works, and how the portal is added into the equation...So if we lose DJ and Thomas...And then like 5 or 6 (likely imo...at least 1 qb will go, I imagine at least 1 of the OL, I doubt both Polendey and Irvin are on the team next year, etc, etc)...And we are at say 56, we give 1 to a walk on like Ragone or Alford, whoever, and 1 to Price...

A. Do those walk-ons count towards the 25? Towards counters?
B. Are we only allowed to bring in 25 including portal? or 25 + portal?
C. EE number doesn't matter this year, correct? None can count towards last? Or is there some who ccan count to last year...Is the EE number limited this year?

25 IS the Initial Counter rule.

Walk-ons who are awarded scholarships after 2 years do not count as Initial Counters. The benefit of awarding scholarships to walk-ons in order to get to 85 total scholarships is that it would allow us to use the mid-year replacement exception (see below).

25 is the number we can enroll, and it includes transfers.

It is highly unlikely that we have any countbacks left that would allow us to count a 2020 early enrollee back to 2019. IF we are able to exceed 25, it will be because we have a December graduate for whom we can take the mid-year replacement exception.

Advertisement
25 IS the Initial Counter rule.

Walk-ons who are awarded scholarships after 2 years do not count as Initial Counters. The benefit of awarding scholarships to walk-ons in order to get to 85 total scholarships is that it would allow us to use the mid-year replacement exception (see below).

25 is the number we can enroll, and it includes transfers.

It is highly unlikely that we have any countbacks left that would allow us to count a 2020 early enrollee back to 2019. IF we are able to exceed 25, it will be because we have a December graduate for whom we can take the mid-year replacement exception.

So somehow we are playing at 75? But don't have any count backs left?

So when you lose guys to the portal you don't gain a spot? That makes no sense if there are gonna be all these transfers.

We don't get any extra spots for Njoku, Reed, etc, etc?

So when you lose guys to the portal you don't gain a spot? That makes no sense if there are gonna be all these transfers.

No, its why nobody in the country is at 85 and it is unrealistic to expect us to get to 85

Right now we have 21. We’re dropping smith and riggins so that’s 19. So 6 open spots. Daz Worsham is likely to commit to us on Friday. I believe we lead on Jalen Harrell (the safety) and Keyshawn greene (LB). 3 open spots I would like to see Jaiden Francois, Jaylen Harrell and Marlon Martinez. Overall this would be a good class considering our record

Advertisement
If he already graduated (i.e., NOT in December), then he is a graduate student and does NOT count for the "mid-year replacement rule".

You only get to "replace" an Initial Counter for guys who graduate in December and who do NOT return to school.

Just a quick glance at the roster..Tyreic Martin and Michael Irvin could be candidates for December. With me leaning towards Tyreic Martin as The Playmaker Jr actually sees the field and is.....The Playmaker Jr.

Just a quick glance at the roster..Tyreic Martin and Michael Irvin could be candidates for December. With me leaning towards Tyreic Martin as The Playmaker Jr actually sees the field and is.....The Playmaker Jr.

Tyreic ( da freak) Martin is about to breakout, any day

Tyreic martin needs to tell patchan to hang em up. Neither of them need to come back I would say the same for dykstra and herbert but we need o line depth

Advertisement

Again, we may only have 75 recruited scholarship players, but we (and most teams in the country) get to 85 by awarding 1-year scholarships to walk-ons.

And, as has been said many times before, when a kid transfers out, we get a spot on the 85-man roster, but NOT an addition to the Initial Counter rules (25 per year).

Look, all 85 scholarship players could leave UM at once and we could still only enroll 25 under the Initial Counter rules.

Sorry, but that's the reality.

Not only do they have to graduate in December, but they would also have to leave the team. I think that Irvin will be coming back in 2020.

Advertisement
Well diaz said today 25 is the minimum. They could take 26 or 27.

25 IS the number. Plus mid-year graduate replacements. Which COULD put us at 26 or 27.

If anyone knows, for certain, who is graduating in a month, before final exams have been taken, feel free to post it.

For the record, I graduated from UM (undergrad) in December. December graduation for my MBA too. It's not official until it's official.

Regular May graduation for my JD though.

25 per year. EEs can count towards 2019 OR 2020. In the end, my money is on Manny not signing 25 anyway. If he does, I may actually get back on the wagon. The portal is NOT the answer until we get close to 85 and have extra counters available.

We get close to 85 when we give Ragone, Alford, and potentially other 3rd-year walk-ons ships. Keep Patch will help actually. The ten transfers have really hurt our chances of getting to 85.

Advertisement
Back