25 is the number

Advertisement
I was wondering about this. If we’re only signing 4 more guys then it’s obvious we will likely be exploring the portal or juco or grad transfer for dudes. After we sign the high school kids it’s gonna be Interesting to see who we land and who’s out there getting their space suits on for transfer portal travel.

I was wondering about this. If we’re only signing 4 more guys then it’s obvious we will likely be exploring the portal or juco or grad transfer for dudes. After we sign the high school kids it’s gonna be Interesting to see who we land and who’s out there getting their space suits on for transfer portal travel.
I think we could hit the portal to cover those scholarship spots for sure but yea only 5 more high school kids

Advertisement
I wish the NCAA wised you concerning the portal and the lack of depth that this is creating towards the 85 count. If they have made it easier for kids to transfer, them they are only hurting marginal kids coming out of high school. Those lower 3 stars will end up having to select lower tier schools since the portal transfers count against the 25/year count.
Think about it this way, if a kid counted against one schools 25 when recruited out of high school and against another schools 25 when he transfers, aren’t we shrinking the potential scholarship pool available to football athletes? The rule should be changed to a plus minus on the transfer portal for that calendar year. Njoku and Hightower hit the portal, we should get 2 additional spots to take from the portal. This way the 25 count is all high school recruiting and under the radar kids get an opportunity to show out versus their spot going to a sophomore or junior in the portal.
NCAA makes no sense whatsoever with their rules.

People need to study the Initial Counter rules.

High school recruits AND transfers all count as Initial Counters.

If we have 25 IC spots, then we can only take 25 TOTAL, inclusive of high school kids, JuCos, and transfers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Up to five early enrollees can be counted against the prior year. Anything beyond five are counted in this year.

Congratulations, you are the one-millionth person to incorrectly claim that we will have five countbacks. You mistakenly believe that for 10 consecutive years, we have consistently undersigned, such that we have 5 countbacks every single year. ****, I have already proven that we enrolled 18 HS/JuCo recruits and 8 transfers last year alone.

Stop it with the countbacks.

We will enroll 25. We MIGHT go 1 or 2 higher if we have any December graduates that we are able to replace under the rules. But not due to the countback rule.

Advertisement
25 is the number,

depending on anyone certain individuals leaving thats how the number may fluctuate

Last edited:
Congratulations, you are the one-millionth person to incorrectly claim that we will have five countbacks. You mistakenly believe that for 10 consecutive years, we have consistently undersigned, such that we have 5 countbacks every single year. ****, I have already proven that we enrolled 18 HS/JuCo recruits and 8 transfers last year alone.

Stop it with the countbacks.

We will enroll 25. We MIGHT go 1 or 2 higher if we have any December graduates that we are able to replace under the rules. But not due to the countback rule.

Easy there kid. I didn't say we'd have all 5. Just pointing out the rule. At the end of the day we can and will (if they want to) sign more than 25. So saying 25 is the only number is a fallacy.

Up to five early enrollees can be counted against the prior year. Anything beyond five are counted in this year.

Of the 20 players committed (excluding the 2 players who are expected to be dropped) there are 12 EE's with the possibility of 2 more EE's (Jaiden Francois & Ruben Hyppolite II) being added to this class. With the addition of those 2 recruits that gives Miami 14 EE's from this class. This will be big time for both this team and these players.

Advertisement
Back