25 is the number

Easy there kid. I didn't say we'd have all 5. Just pointing out the rule. At the end of the day we can and will (if they want to) sign more than 25. So saying 25 is the only number is a fallacy.

Go ***** yourself. I don't care if you cite the rule, I have an issue with you claiming that Ivins isn't including early enrollees. For years, our less intelligent fans have only looked at the NSD signing class, while ignoring the transfers.

For IC purposes, we don't have any countbacks. We can only go past 25 for guys who graduate in December.

Advertisement
FOR THE 1 MILLIONTH TIME WE DO NOT HAVE ANY ROLLBACKS LEFTTTTTTTTTTT. IT DOES NOT MATTER IF ANYONE ENROLLS EARLY BECAUSE LAST YEAR WE REACHED A FULL 25 CLASS SO WE CANNOT COUNT ANYONE IN THIS CLASS TOWARDS LAST YEAR'S COUNTERS.

For the millionth time, you do not understand how to use the counter. But congrats, you're a stud.

I wish the NCAA wised you concerning the portal and the lack of depth that this is creating towards the 85 count. If they have made it easier for kids to transfer, them they are only hurting marginal kids coming out of high school. Those lower 3 stars will end up having to select lower tier schools since the portal transfers count against the 25/year count.
Think about it this way, if a kid counted against one schools 25 when recruited out of high school and against another schools 25 when he transfers, aren’t we shrinking the potential scholarship pool available to football athletes? The rule should be changed to a plus minus on the transfer portal for that calendar year. Njoku and Hightower hit the portal, we should get 2 additional spots to take from the portal. This way the 25 count is all high school recruiting and under the radar kids get an opportunity to show out versus their spot going to a sophomore or junior in the portal.
NCAA makes no sense whatsoever with their rules.
YES.

Advertisement
"For the millionth time, you do not understand how to use the counter. But congrats, you're a stud."

1573851231892.png

FOR THE 1 MILLIONTH TIME WE DO NOT HAVE ANY ROLLBACKS LEFTTTTTTTTTTT. IT DOES NOT MATTER IF ANYONE ENROLLS EARLY BECAUSE LAST YEAR WE REACHED A FULL 25 CLASS SO WE CANNOT COUNT ANYONE IN THIS CLASS TOWARDS LAST YEAR'S COUNTERS.
So with a full class last year and if we sign 25 this year we are on our way to 85? You wouldn't know that the way people talk around here.

Advertisement
Go ***** yourself. I don't care if you cite the rule, I have an issue with you claiming that Ivins isn't including early enrollees. For years, our less intelligent fans have only looked at the NSD signing class, while ignoring the transfers.

For IC purposes, we don't have any countbacks. We can only go past 25 for guys who graduate in December.
Do you mean HS players who graduate in December then EE?
Or do you mean our current players who graduate in December?

Oh dear folks. Now we have the caveats coming in. So we both agree we'll be signing more than 25. And the 25 number as the end all be all number is a fallacy. Got it.

No, it's not about caveats. It's about whether a player ACTUALLY graduates in December. It doesn't matter if it's a kid's last year of playing, he actually has to graduate in December. Not last summer and not next May.

Again, YOU were the one who claimed that Ivins "didn't count the early enrollees". Don't try to bump this thread later because the mid-year-graduate rule seemingly makes it look like your "countbacks" claim was legitimate.

Just stop digging your heels in and trying to make your ignorance look like some kind of insight.

And, for the record, nobody is "agreeing with you" that we will be signing more than 25. Unlike you, I don't pretend to have knowledge that I don't actually possess. It is November. I don't know how many December graduates we will have. Therefore, I have no idea of whether we will be able to exceed the 25 number, but if we do, it will be because of December graduates and NOT "early enrollees", as you claimed.

Advertisement
So with a full class last year and if we sign 25 this year we are on our way to 85? You wouldn't know that the way people talk around here.

Full class last year? While we took 18 signees and 8 transfers, we have already lost Asa Martin and we continue to have guys lining up for the portal.

Yes, we can sign 25 per year, but then it comes down to the guys who LEAVE the team. Attrition is the real issue.

Do you mean HS players who graduate in December then EE?
Or do you mean our current players who graduate in December?

When a current player (who has already counted as an IC) graduates in December, we are allowed a "replacement" IC. And that "replacement" could either be a HS player or JuCo who enrolls in January or a transfer who enrolls in January.

Advertisement
We actually should have 26 unless the staff messed up, we had 23 in 2018 and 26 last year including transfers, SHOULD have counted 2 of those EEs towards 2018 which would open up one spot for an EE this year. But we probably ****ed that up with the coaching transition

When a current player (who has already counted as an IC) graduates in December, we are allowed a "replacement" IC. And that "replacement" could either be a HS player or JuCo who enrolls in January or a transfer who enrolls in January.
You’re half right, still can’t go over the 25 number per year, so it’s part countback and part graduation... you can only countback if you signed less than 25 the year before and you have people graduating early

With the way the transfer portal is they need to extend the scholarship counters you can take from 25 to at least 30

Advertisement
Back