21 Skunk

The better the competition the better our Hurricanes play like the ND game two years ago.

I predicted we would beat Notre Dame 38-0 on another site. I was ****ed when we gave up that garbage score late after we had been up 34-0.

I saw the same set up for LSU and thought we would win it big. They were in disarray and had no qb.

I never imagined that Richt would not have implemented more short passes for Malik after what went down in 2017. I figured the punting would be adequately addressed, but no dice. When Manny called that safety blitz to the short side for no reason, it was over.

With better off season preparation, we could have been the ones up 30 in the first half.

People forget how in football matchups, situations, and wits are just as important as talent.

When nfl teams blow each other out, it usually isn’t because of a crushing talent disparity. It’s because they came out motivated, had a great gameplan, attacked their advantage in match ups, and took all the momentum.

Miami does not do this nearly enough, on and off the field. It’s why we have one coastal title when we have outrecruited our opposition by leaps and bound.

Diaz is showing promising signs of addressing and changing these missteps.

I am confident in his abilities and anxious for 8/24 to arrive.

Advertisement
I know we are a better team than in the last few years. My reasons we beat the lizards, outside of my racist level of hate, are the same as most, but specifically:
  1. A better coached and better OL.
  2. Better conditioned and stronger players.
  3. Deeper DL and outstanding DE's
  4. A modern offense with a mix of spread and pro sets. With exceptional skill position players RB, Slot, TE's and WR's
  5. Attacking defense with experience at LB, really good Strikers, CB's and Safeties.
  6. Far better Special Teams and A real Punter to change field position.

I've seen too many Cane fans on here and Twitter already conceding defeat before the ball is even snapped. Stop it. U look weak. It's embarrassing and disrespectful to our coaches and players who are putting in that work this off season.

This game is a perfect example of what we can expect from the gator offense week zero and a perfect example of why u should be confident we blow these bums out. Our dline vs their oline being the key matchup.

Mississippi State runs the same aggressive style defense we run with the same 4-2-5 scheme as it's base. They were more top heavy when it came to talent but we have a more talented defense overall.

Feleipe Franks finished the game 22/31, 219 yards, 0TD and 1 pick. Notice how many horizontal passes they threw this game. When has throwing the ball laterally against a speedy Miami defense ever been successful? Never. They struggled with a decent oline and now with 4 of their starters gone, they will have even less time to get the ball out.

This isn't the only reason, but it's the main reason I'm extremely confident this game will not even be close. ****y. I'm calling 21 skunk by the end of the 3rd. We've dominated this trash a** team for 30 years. That Top 10 ranking is fools gold. That trash talk their fans and players are doing is false confidence. I hope Manny is still passing the ball while we're up 30 with 2 minutes to go in the 4th. I want to snatch the soul out of that star ***** fanbase and we will week zero. Bet on it.

Hey brother, with this post you've earned one of these just in case you run into trouble with the Mod-squad.
ap (2).png

That **** isn’t realistic, it’s hypothetical and possibly as delusional as my “Miami always gonna win” takes. Didn’t people make these same type of “comparisons” last year before LSU? How’d that work out? Had you made one of those same comparisons last year before … I don’t know … UVA … GT … what would it look like?

Miami’s gonna win because Miami’s gonna win. That’s all I need to go on.
It’s delusional to think Miami is gonna win because the U on the side of the helmet lmao..say what u want but I wasnt booking trips to Charlotte under the golden regime 🤣

In all seriousness I know where u coming. I never look at a game like oh we are going to lose. I try too look at ways we could win. Just in 13’ with FSU or 17 against Clemson. Against UF if we shut down the run and interrupt the short pass game, not allowing chunk plays our D will dominate..on offense the oline has to be ready for primetime. If we have that line ready to go our skill guys will make plays

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ultimate chess match for Manny/Baker.

Cousin Eddie is going to throw the kitchen sink at us hoping our aggressiveness bites us in the ***. Trick plays, screens, misdirection, etc.

X factor is Taco Hot Dog. If he makes his normal 2-4 head scratching throws and we take advantage, it’s a wrap.

I know we are a better team than in the last few years. My reasons we beat the lizards, outside of my racist level of hate, are the same as most, but specifically:
  1. A better coached and better OL.
  2. Better conditioned and stronger players.
  3. Deeper DL and outstanding DE's
  4. A modern offense with a mix of spread and pro sets. With exceptional skill position players RB, Slot, TE's and WR's
  5. Attacking defense with experience at LB, really good Strikers, CB's and Safeties.
  6. Far better Special Teams and A real Punter to change field position.

#LizardLivesMatter

Miami's woes since 2001 have come down to two basic failures:

1. Inability to sustain drives on O (let alone score)
2. Inability to make key 3rd down stops

And round and round 1 and 2 go.

If Miami can fix 1, hard to believe Gators turn match into a shootout against Miami's D.

Advertisement
Nobody is conceding a thing. Were we playing Clemson, Bama, etc I would expect to lose, but not someone on the second or third tier like UF.

This game can go either way. It's like the LSU game and all the false bravado and posturing on a message board don't amount to crap when the whistle blows. What the results were last time, 30 years worth, or what Golden did doesn't matter one bit as it's history.

Both teams have a ton of questions. I haven't looked at marchups yet, too early as we don't even know our starters.

Realistic view of the game across the board
Passing game: UF
Running game: UF
Wideouts/TE: Draw
Oline play: UF for now and TBD
DLINE: Miami
LBs: miami
DBs: Miami

Talent wise both teams are certainly even at many positions. I’ll give them the advantage at QB going in and won’t deny if we don’t have that run game held down and get pressure or disrupt UFs quick pass game, Franks has the talent to challenge every level of our Defense. In contrary if we keep that offense off schedule and him uncomfortable he’ll struggle

Bottom line for me is we need to win the ST game, field position, and situational football. Defense can’t give up huge chunk plays that flip field position.
How do u give UF the advantage on oline when we have 2 returning starters, one of whom is a tackle and the other being a former AA. They have one returning oline which is only a center. We will most likely start three 4 star olineman and they will start one 4 star with the rest being 3 stars. Not only do they have a weaker oline but they're also going against the better dline than our oline will against them. Their whole offensive line has PLAYED IN (not started) like 16 games. Donaldson has more experience by himself than their whole oline combined. So I would love to know what algorithm u used to give them the edge at oline. Not only did u put TBD but u went ahead and gave them the match up. There is no TBD. we have the advantage.

How do u give UF the advantage on oline when we have 2 returning starters, one of whom is a tackle and the other being a former AA. They have one returning oline which is only a center. We will most likely start three 4 star olineman and they will start one 4 star with the rest being 3 stars. Not only do they have a weaker oline but they're also going against the better dline than our oline will against them. Their whole offensive line has PLAYED IN (not started) like 16 games. Donaldson has more experience by himself than their whole oline combined. So I would love to know what algorithm u used to give them the edge at oline. Not only did u put TBD but u went ahead and gave them the match up. There is no TBD. we have the advantage.

In my opinion, Miami's OL doesn't have an athlete who would start on any "top 5" team--until proven otherwise.

Looking forward to seeing how B Barry answers the question of has it been "poor coaching" vs "lack of actual talent".

Advertisement

It’s the Searrles Effect, Rev.

Mfers still shell shocked from the trauma.

They got to see to believe.

Can’t say I blame them.

We will be fine running the ball. The playaction will make teams play honest and all our guys need is a crease. Running reasonably well was the only thing that kept us above .500 and not be a cataclysmic disaster of a season.

My only concern is the tackles in pass protection. Our de’s are some of the best in the business. They will make a lot of tackles look bad. So there was some overreaction in spring.

Still, we have to eliminate whiffs and prevent instant pressure. If we can be average on the outside in pass protection, we will have a big year.

Advertisement
We will be fine running the ball. The playaction will make teams play honest and all our guys need is a crease. Running reasonably well was the only thing that kept us above .500 and not be a cataclysmic disaster of a season.

My only concern is the tackles in pass protection. Our de’s are some of the best in the business. They will make a lot of tackles look bad. So there was some overreaction in spring.

Still, we have to eliminate whiffs and prevent instant pressure. If we can be average on the outside in pass protection, we will have a big year.

Scaife will lockdown RT. He had some freshman mistakes last year but was pretty solid down the stretch. I’m not worried about him one bit.

LT though.....whole different story.

Idgaf about star ratings or who’s returning..our unit last year was the worst I’ve seen at Miami since 2007..UFs was undoubtedly better coming off last season. So going into the matchup UF has the edge..we might be starting Zion Nelson at LT. He broke camp atop the chart as a true fresh..think about that..we’ll see if our new offensive coaches can get it turned around but until then UF has the edge

Scaife will lockdown RT. He had some freshman mistakes last year but was pretty solid down the stretch. I’m not worried about him one bit.

LT though.....whole different story.

Let us pray Hillery or Herbert have grown over the summer.

Or that Zion is the freakish diamond in the rough man child dropped on our doorstep like baby Jesus.

The Over/Under dropped from 52.5 to 50.5 in one move. Gamblers know a 2 point move is unusual absent a major injury/suspension. I don't think it's done dropping, either. I think it'll go to 49 and may see a slight up tick if it does just because it's such a key number for a total.

Advertisement
Back