21 Skunk

It ain’t even Fall camp yet, boys. Still have a lot of question marks littered around the team. It’s gonna be a tough game from both sides.

Advertisement
Just for the record, Feleipe Franks only threw 6TD and was picked off 4 times against teams that were above .500 last year. He's trash with a Malik Rosier level deep ball. We are too fast for the lateral throws and we have corners that can play man to man. Cover 1 with Hall up top and let Bandy and Ivey inside shade the outside WRs would kill them on 3rd.
2019-05-20-Franks-accuracy-at-different-depths.png

Like most football games, their success will come off their ability to run the football efficiently.

In their 10 wins last year, they ran the ball an average of 43 times a game for 236 yards. That's 5.46 a carry.

In the 3 losses, they ran it an average of 31 times a game for 137 yards. That's 4.37 a carry.

If Miami can hold them to around 4.0 - 4.5 a carry early in the game and have success on offense, it'll force them to abandon the run game quicker than they'd like to. And then it's goodnight, Sweet Prince. They averaged over a yard less per carry in losses and over 100 yards per game less. Slow down the run game, and they're going to struggle on offense.

Even in the MSU game, that they did win, they ran it 34 times for 118 yards (3.47 YPC). If we hold them to anything close to that, we win.

Advertisement
Agreed. Folks will need to let the game play out as it ebbs and flows. There’s going to be some spectacular moments for the Canes, and some were we will be scratching our heads. I’m of the mindset we will see more of the former than the latter.

While there wasn't many there was a few of us that were highly skeptical of the Richt hire and never bought into him at all.

Seems like all of the fan base is on board with Manny and willing to let him earn his place here. Barring a disaster I'd be surprised to see any calls for banners on gameday.

I predicted we would beat Notre Dame 38-0 on another site. I was ****ed when we gave up that garbage score late after we had been up 34-0.

I saw the same set up for LSU and thought we would win it big. They were in disarray and had no qb.

I never imagined that Richt would not have implemented more short passes for Malik after what went down in 2017. I figured the punting would be adequately addressed, but no dice. When Manny called that safety blitz to the short side for no reason, it was over.

With better off season preparation, we could have been the ones up 30 in the first half.

People forget how in football matchups, situations, and wits are just as important as talent.

When nfl teams blow each other out, it usually isn’t because of a crushing talent disparity. It’s because they came out motivated, had a great gameplan, attacked their advantage in match ups, and took all the momentum.

Miami does not do this nearly enough, on and off the field. It’s why we have one coastal title when we have outrecruited our opposition by leaps and bound.

Diaz is showing promising signs of addressing and changing these missteps.

I am confident in his abilities and anxious for 8/24 to arrive.
I also felt good about the LSU game but one bad defensive play and special teams had us in such a hole the first quarter the game was over. We beat ourselves that day.

Advertisement
I also felt good about the LSU game but one bad defensive play and special teams had us in such a hole the first quarter the game was over. We beat ourselves that day.
If you look at the stats, the main difference was 2 turnovers and 2 failed 4th down attempts.

Advertisement
Back