2024 Transfer Portal

All about PT next season. If a player doesn't see enough of that for himself, he's likely to consider the Portal.

Right now, hard to see why Jakai would stay. He seemed fall to behind a couple of this season's frosh. But ... who knows, we don't really know how Coach L sees him, or any of this past year's recruits (they got little to no PT, except for Casey and he didn't exactly wow anyone).
Hard to see him staying, but if coach L still sees value in him with potential for playing time, wouldn’t count out L in keeping him. I have complete faith in L in keeping/ getting the players he wants. If L doesn’t see real value in him (seen in pt) he is likely gone

Advertisement
My initial thought was nah I dont want to match Omier with a true center who can't stretch the floor. But after watching those highlights, my goodness what a weapon this kid would be. 7'5 in college is just too much of a mismatch to not take.

Tell Omier to spend all summer working on his midrange game and develop a threat of a 3 point shot and this would be a nasty pickup.

Pack
Wong
Wooga
Omier
Jamarion Sharp

And if we lose Wong, I hope we get baby Jameer

Can you imagine our defense in the paint with Omier's physicality and this guy's weak-side shot blocking? My lord.

Hard to see him staying, but if coach L still sees value in him with potential for playing time, wouldn’t count out L in keeping him. I have complete faith in L in keeping/ getting the players he wants. If L doesn’t see real value in him (seen in pt) he is likely gone
Me too. Robinson was a top recruit in that class. Sort of a mystery what has held him back.

Advertisement
Storr plays no defense. Why Pitino was Ok with saying goodbye.
Posh Alexander, otoh, looked to me like a pretty strong defender out top. Surprised Pitino was OK with his hitting the Portal. Has had some very nice games in the Big East, both scoring and defending (lotsa steals, which sounds up our alley).

Advertisement
I wouldn't touch Cook. He takes bad shoots, can't defend and has an attitude. Yes, he can score, but that's not what we need (his type of player). He also hates school. He tried to leave last year, but the NBA scouts told him to stay.
Plus could we really start two 5'11 guards?

Out of curiosity, is anyone from our team likely to enter the portal? How many roster openings are we expected to have next year other than Miller and Wong?
My guess would be Miller, Wong, and Robinson will all be gone next year. That high school dude took Miller’s spot and get portal dudes preferably a big guy and a guard who could replace Wong’s production.

Mills from FSU into the portal. They are thrilled. If he gained a bit more strength and cut down on some shots when they aren’t dropping he could be similar to Wong.

Not saying he’d be a guy to go get. But he attacks and has bulldog style.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kerr Kriisa is soft. Comes up small in too many big games.
I'm also an Arizona alum, and was thrilled that this dude split. Not sure where his reputation of being great came from, but he can't play, straight up. He probably finishes his career at a mid-major.

Jim Boals looks like a **** with ears on a pencil neck. He is just ****ed because Pack makes as much as him or pretty **** close.
DSC_4967.jpg

DSC_4967.jpg
1680201047075.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back