2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement

6’11 245 Big from Nigeria/VA, played really well in the 2020-21 season at GTown, was 59% from the floor at 12.7ppg & 8.2rebs his Sophomore year. I would guess he’s a DMV/Northeast only type of kid, but if he were interested in coming down I’d take legit look at him.

Strong interior Big with very good footwork in the Paint & High-Post, is a good Defender who can step out & guard while also being a good Rim protector. Plays with an aggressive physicality that’s similar to Omier.

Offensively has a nice touch with his Jump-Hook.

Advertisement

Two of the better available transfers are off the board.
With limited PT available along with only one scholarship, I didn't think either of these two guys were are an option.

The season ended two days ago. Why haven't we signed 17 portal players yet?

Fans don't understand that there is not a lot of playing time available at Miami right now.
Even if Wong was to leave and Robinson were to transfer, which I am not sure happens, Miami still has 10 scholarship guys who have been in Coach L system.
Given that Walker and Beverly have limited pro options along with one more year of eligibility means they will probably come back.
Especially since Coach L loves his seniors.

Fans don't understand that there is not a lot of playing time available at Miami right now.
Even if Wong was to leave and Robinson were to transfer, which I am not sure happens, Miami still has 10 scholarship guys who have been in Coach L system.
Given that Walker and Beverly have limited pro options along with one more year of eligibility means they will probably come back.

Simple.. if you want to be a contender and match up with the big boys, some players might have to be encouraged to leave. .. what goes for football also works for basketball

Walker needs to walk.. if the goal is championship, then we will need to have players that can get us there.... sentiments aside.

Advertisement
Simple.. if you want to be a contender and match up with the big boys, some players might have to be encouraged to leave. .. what goes for football also works for basketball

Is getting to the Final 4, blowing out a 1 seed, and beating a 2 seed not being a "contender" and "matching up with the big boys"?

We ran into a buzzsaw. There was 1 team in the entire tournament better than us. And even then, had the shots fallen, that game probably comes down to the wire.

Advertisement
It is so insane for anyone here to criticize a single move L has made or makes in this off-season. If he wants Bev and Walker back and they want to be here, I trust that Larranaga is making the right move for the team.

Walker may be a liability right now on the court but he is a tremendous teammate and glue guy in the locker room. He stood next to Larranaga the entire second half on saturday rooting for his teammates and calling out what he saw.

Beverly is coming off back surgery and showed sparks throughout the year, played tough defense and contributed to many wins. He and Joseph were about the only guys that appeared locked in Saturday night and not afraid of the moment.

Talent doesnt always equal wins. Lykes, Cross, Timberlake, and many others over the past few years have proved that. Larranaga builds a connected team that plays for eachother. ****inson, for example, is a great addition on paper but is a pretty obvious locker room cancer and an *******.

Ok ... then we are what we are.
One of the top 5-ish teams in the country that had an off shooting night against the eventual champion. OK...

No more proof of concept is needed. L's system works. The people who expect us to stop running 5-out O scramble D and start playing with traditional positions and running offense through the middle, simply because they watched the last 4 games and are "disappointed with the outcome" shouldn't hold their breath.

Is getting to the Final 4, blowing out a 1 seed, and beating a 2 seed not being a "contender" and "matching up with the big boys"?

We ran into a buzzsaw. There was 1 team in the entire tournament better than us. And even then, had the shots fallen, that game probably comes down to the wire.

Our weakness was evident from our last two seasons... i.e. size.
Fix it .. that's all there is.. no one is critcizing Coach L's work so far..

Advertisement
Why are people so against getting better?

UCONN has 4 transfers on their squad & SD ST has 5.

If there are players that make us even better than we are now (and there is) what’s so bad about trying to win a National Championship by adding more talent?

Why are people so against getting better?

UCONN has 4 transfers on their squad & SD ST has 5.

If there are players that make us even better than we are now (and there is) what’s so bad about trying to win a National Championship by adding more talent?
I don't think anyone is against it. It seems they're raising the question of open spots with Coach L not being the type to encourage anyone to leave.

I'm not a basketball guy so if we only have two spots to work with, I'll let someone who is select the right ones to go after.

Advertisement
Back