2024 Transfer Portal

Why are people so against getting better?

UCONN has 4 transfers on their squad & SD ST has 5.

If there are players that make us even better than we are now (and there is) what’s so bad about trying to win a National Championship by adding more talent?

We had 3 transfer starters each of the last 2 years. No one is against transfers or improvements.

We have a style, a system, and a culture that had us on the brink of a national championship.

We're against reinventing that (unless it's a massive upgrade).

Advertisement

6’11 245 Big from Nigeria/VA, played really well in the 2020-21 season at GTown, was 59% from the floor at 12.7ppg & 8.2rebs his Sophomore year. I would guess he’s a DMV/Northeast only type of kid, but if he were interested in coming down I’d take legit look at him.

Strong interior Big with very good footwork in the Paint & High-Post, is a good Defender who can step out & guard while also being a good Rim protector. Plays with an aggressive physicality that’s similar to Omier.

Offensively has a nice touch with his Jump-Hook.

We don't want any part of Qudus. We'd be his fourth move in 4 years, or thereabouts.

Hope Coach L and staff can come down quickly from Final Four euphoria and focus on the Portal. It's clear what we need.

We had 3 transfer starters each of the last 2 years. No one is against transfers or improvements.

We have a style, a system, and a culture that had us on the brink of a national championship.

We're against reinventing that (unless it's a massive upgrade).
There’s 1,895 players currently in the Portal...

I’m sure there’s a couple that fit our style, system & culture.

Advertisement
2nd; he’s only ever played for GTown & Maryland.
The Maryland season was sandwiched between the two at G'town, right? So, might only be two schools at this point, but he will have left G'town twice. My understanding from living up here in the DC area is Maryland was not unhappy to see him leave. OTOH, he surely has needed size ...

Advertisement
When does the mass exodus from FAU happen? No way all those kids go back when the big schools start back channeling. I’d make a run at the Golden kid.

1680551815088.png

1680551839867.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Given his age and that he is transferring up two levels, he would probably benefit from a redshirt year.
He is def a late bloomer. Apparently he grew about 5 inches prior to his senior year. Is there better immediate impact type…def and I’m sure we will get one. But a late bloomer who was has guard type skill but now in a 6’9 SF body is really intriguing. And he is from Hallandale.

Advertisement
Back