2024 Roster Discussion

Advertisement
IMG_2519.jpeg

He’s coming in the Spring. Taking classes at UT and working out with the baseball team. Was supposed to be at Ole Miss but didn’t work out.
Thanks for getting the scoop on this matter. I had him penciled in as my leadoff hitter. Teach him to play CF this fall, and we are good to go....

Thanks for getting the scoop on this matter. I had him penciled in as my leadoff hitter. Teach him to play CF this fall, and we are good to go....
That's a big ask expecting a D2 player to assume the leadoff spot. Not impossible, but the Woke Forest transfer likely has the edge.

Advertisement
That's a big ask expecting a D2 player to assume the leadoff spot. Not impossible, but the Woke Forest transfer likely has the edge.
I had Costello at #2. Villegas at #6 or #7 in my lineup.
It's fun to slot guys even before fall ball starts.
If Cuvet and Torres can hit 4-5 this lineup can go..... Which freshmen will step up and crack the lineup?

Even bigger ask without fall ball. It’s also a good opportunity for Jimenez or another middle infielder to grab the reins before he arrives.

Advertisement
He'll get coached up and have every chance to succeed because of where he was drafted. He made the right decision. I doubt he would have gotten drafted higher than 5 after three years in college. Now if you're a late round pick and discardable, you go to school because they'll drop you faster than a toupe in a hurricane. Unless you're Mike Amditis, of course.

He'll get coached up and have every chance to succeed because of where he was drafted. He made the right decision. I doubt he would have gotten drafted higher than 5 after three years in college. Now if you're a late round pick and discardable, you go to school because they'll drop you faster than a toupe in a hurricane. Unless you're Mike Amditis, of course.
Tell that to Billy Beane.

Advertisement
Could have a really solid bullpen this year but there's still questions on the weekend starting rotation that might eat into stealing someone from the pen that shouldn't be moved.

Ziehl is your Friday guy
Herick is your Saturday guy
Sunday is likely a competition of Schlesinger, Dwyer, and freshmen Valentin and Olivera. Myles Caba could factor in here too if he's fully healthy.

Bullpen can be strong with everyone aside from the weekend guys factoring in long and middle relief. Especially if Rafe is still in the pen.
Julian Hernandez will be a late inning bridge. Maybe even the closer. He probably has the best pure stuff.
Walters can be the closer or a late inning bridge.
Scinta is your go-to lefty.
Nick Robert and Christopher Diaz are intriguing option with good velo and good swing and miss breaking balls.

woof.

we better be able to score 8 runs a game.

that is not a championship caliber rotation. But .... we'll see 🤷‍♀️

Advertisement
woof.

we better be able to score 8 runs a game.

that is not a championship caliber rotation. But .... we'll see 🤷‍♀️
Ziehl and Herick is not a bad 1-2. Championship caliber? No. But championships aren't really won with your 1-2 guys.. it's guys 6-7-8 and beyond. Which we still don't have unless these freshmen and transfers all hit and are ready to roll.

Not a ton of teams in the country rolling out 2 veteran arms to start games that have been drafted.

Ziehl and Herick is not a bad 1-2. Championship caliber? No. But championships aren't really won with your 1-2 guys.. it's guys 6-7-8 and beyond. Which we still don't have unless these freshmen and transfers all hit and are ready to roll.

Not a ton of teams in the country rolling out 2 veteran arms to start games that have been drafted.

we're saying the same thing, (I think).

I agree that your 4/5/6 guys are what separates the championship teams from the two and a BBQ types, however, ALL championship teams have strong 1-2. It's still the cost of admission.

Advertisement
Back