2024 Roster Discussion

Advertisement
Advertisement
Could have a really solid bullpen this year but there's still questions on the weekend starting rotation that might eat into stealing someone from the pen that shouldn't be moved.

Ziehl is your Friday guy
Herick is your Saturday guy
Sunday is likely a competition of Schlesinger, Dwyer, and freshmen Valentin and Olivera. Myles Caba could factor in here too if he's fully healthy.

Bullpen can be strong with everyone aside from the weekend guys factoring in long and middle relief. Especially if Rafe is still in the pen.
Julian Hernandez will be a late inning bridge. Maybe even the closer. He probably has the best pure stuff.
Walters can be the closer or a late inning bridge.
Scinta is your go-to lefty.
Nick Robert and Christopher Diaz are intriguing option with good velo and good swing and miss breaking balls.

No Urso on the roster. If he’s coming it’s either a very last minute addition or he’s not arriving until spring. Last day for registration is tomorrow.

Advertisement
No Urso on the roster. If he’s coming it’s either a very last minute addition or he’s not arriving until spring. Last day for registration is tomorrow.
I think it's just late. The guy that originally posted it seems to think it's done and good to go.

Advertisement
There will be a 40-man limit on roster size for Division I programs during the 2024 baseball season.

• Up to 32 student-athletes will be allowed to receive a baseball scholarship – an increase from the normal limit of 27 in Division I.
  • The additional “counters” (scholarship athletes counting against the team scholarship limit) must be included in the maximum team limit of 11.7 scholarships and must be provided the minimum scholarship value of 25%.

Could have a really solid bullpen this year but there's still questions on the weekend starting rotation that might eat into stealing someone from the pen that shouldn't be moved.

Ziehl is your Friday guy
Sunday is likely a competition of Schlesinger, Dwyer, and freshmen Valentin and Olivera. Myles Caba could factor in here too if he's fully healthy.

Bullpen can be strong with everyone aside from the weekend guys factoring in long and middle relief. Especially if Rafe is still in the pen.
Julian Hernandez will be a late inning bridge. Maybe even the closer. He probably has the best pure stuff.
Nick Robert and Christopher Diaz are intriguing option with good velo and good swing and miss breaking balls.
Not sure of the status #40 Ashton Crowther? He came in highly touted before his injury and subsequent surgery.
The big lefty could really give us a boost if he is healthy.
Does anyone have some scoop on Crowther?

Not sure of the status #40 Ashton Crowther? He came in highly touted before his injury and subsequent surgery.
What about #6 Drew Dwyer and his projected role? As a Grad Student, it will be interesting to see what role he cares for himself.

Advertisement
Still recovering from TJ. His was later than Caba so he's gonna be pushing it close to the season I think.

Might factor in some

But likely 2025 before he's a factor in the rotation.

What about #6 Drew Dwyer and his projected role? As a Grad Student, it will be interesting to see what role he cares for himself.
IMO he's competing for the Sunday job.

Didn't even pitch for FAU but decently touted coming out of HS and he's a couple years removed from there and must have really developed in his 2 years at Lynn.

Hard to have his WHIP/K9/BAA at any level and he did it against solid D2 comp. He did get hit a little bit by Tampa and Eckerd to end his season but he threw 6 no hit innings against Nova (our new pitching coach - likely how he ended up here).

I don't think he wins that Sunday job but probably ends up in a middle relief role or mid-week.. depending on how they'd rather use him.

I think it's just late. The guy that originally posted it seems to think it's done and good to go.
I spoke with the guy and he said it's a done deal.... I'm guessing that they have to find the $$$ and what school admits him? His academics were not a problem at Tampa.
If he comes that's 35.
I am not pleased with the lack of a portal or JC catcher in the office season. I mean since last fall they knew that we needed to improve the position.

Ziehl is your Friday guy

what about Chestnut? wouldn't he be lead candidate for midweek starter or even battle for Sunday?

Advertisement
Back