2024 Roster Discussion

Advertisement
I was wondering what would happen with the guys like Renzo, Gaby, Dorian, etc. Does Long stick around? Villegas?

There isn’t a single kid on the roster who if we lose would be massive outside of Cyr. Now the more lose makes the build harder. But between the portal, Juco, and Hs you can turn things around quick if we did have a mass exodus.
Find a way to keep:

Cyr, Torres, Carrier, Scinta, young Walters, Ziehl, and Long

Last edited:
Advertisement
Find a way to keep:

Cyr, Torres, Carrier, Scinta, young Walters, Ziehl, and Long
I agree and don't know why we can't. I think the change, even w the uncertainty, should be a net positive for the upcoming class and certainly long-term if we get a good group of coaches. Top prospects had to be questioning the program w the last two regional performances and the inconsistent or lack of development of some players.

Advertisement
Who is to say a chunk of these kids arent as excited as we are….
We’ll see if some of the names end up popping back out of the portal. Should be at least two more names added that went in while Gino was still here.

Advertisement
Heard a rumor that a very prominent SEC team is throwing an absurdly large NIL offer at Sir Cyr.
Prob not a popular answer. But let them have him. He’s one guy I’d like to keep. But he prob hit under .275 and only had a handful of home runs in conference.

I wouldn’t get in a bidding war to keep him. Potential yes. But he isn’t a YOYo type

Prob not a popular answer. But let them have him. He’s one guy I’d like to keep. But he prob hit under .275 and only had a handful of home runs in conference.

I wouldn’t get in a bidding war to keep him. Potential yes. But he isn’t a YOYo type
I’m not concerned about any player on the roster.

With the portal being what it is, if we bring a real coach in here, we can flip a roster immediately. Get the right coach, we will have a good roster

Would disagree that he’s not a Yoyo type.
Yoyo slashed 259/.314/.496 with an .810 OPS his freshman year in ACC play.
ADC slashed 254/. 343/.465 with an .808 OPS his freshman year in ACC play.
Sir Cyr? He slashed .263/.403/.516. with an .919 OPS in ACC play.

He had a better freshman season against the ACC his freshman year than both ADC and Yoyo- a 2nd round pick and a presumptive 1st round pick.

Here’s Yoyo’s overall numbers as a freshman:
.284 BA .343 OBP .874. OPS with 11 homers and 45 RBI’s.

Cyr: .306 BA .428 OBP 1.056 OPS with 17 homers and 63 RBI’s.

Cyr is way ahead of schedule and a star in the making.

Advertisement
Heard a rumor that a very prominent SEC team is throwing an absurdly large NIL offer at Sir Cyr.
This "suggests" Sir submitted his name to compliance to be added to the non-public baseball portal. Only admin and staff at other schools can access, and unless its announced like Renzo saying see-ya on Twitter, it only becomes known if there's a leak (or rumor)...

...bottom line is that it seems like Cyr is lookin for greener pastures, and someone will likely take the tasty bait. Hope its all baloney.

Giving up on Cyr… Jesus Christ…

I love the portal as much as the next guy, but did you not pay any attention to a rival team this year… who by all accounts “got a real coach”…

Holy balls

Giving up on Cyr… Jesus Christ…

I love the portal as much as the next guy, but did you not pay any attention to a rival team this year… who by all accounts “got a real coach”…

Holy balls
Sorry, there’s going to be like a million freshman all Americans in the portal. A real coach will get them all.

Sorry, there’s going to be like a million freshman all Americans in the portal. A real coach will get them all.

Absolutely… I’ve seen something similar somewhere before…

“Any competent coach wins with this team…

Coach is gone: This roster sucks…bottom up rebuild at a minimum…3-5 years for the new guy…be patient…”

Advertisement
Back