2024 Roster Discussion

Doesn't mean Renzo wouldn't return potentially if the new coach is announced soon, right (assuming, of course, they see eye to eye on PT)?
No reason any of them can’t pull their name back out, or the new coach could encourage additional players to go in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Returning player depth chart (assuming Yoyo, CJ, Dom, Zach, etc are gone)
C: Perez, Scanlon
1B:
2B:Cyr, Gonzalez
SS:
3B:Torres
OF: Villegas, Carrier, Long
RHP: Ziehl, Ligon, B Walters, Gallo, Chestnutt
LHP: Rafe, Scinta, Crowther, Caba
Is A. Torres gone? Thought he had eligibility left. Or are you assuming he's drafted?

Is A. Torres gone? Thought he had eligibility left
They honored him on Senior Day with Walters, Leq, and Gomez, whereas they didn’t honor Gallo and Scanlon, so I’m assuming he’s gone despite having eligibility.

Last edited:
They honored him on Senior Day with Walters, Leq, and Gomez, whereas they didn’t honor Gallo and Scanlon, so I’m assuming he’s gone despite having eligibility.
Dang I didn't realize he got honored too. That sucks. Looks like the canes are def going to have a lot of holes to fill. Hopefully Cyr doesn't get poached too

Advertisement
Advertisement
FSU's pitching is fixed by a guy with a 5.76 career ERA at UNC-Wilmington, a guy who had a 5.56 ERA at UF and another who had a 4.92 ERA at UCF?
The UF kid has potential. The Pirates drafted him in the 19th round and he's 6'7 with a 96 mph fastball. However, UF knows how to teach pitching so who knows..

Leiter started to figure it out at the end of the year too.

I think FSU will need one more year of recruits/transfers to really right the ship. But they will be better and Link develops.

Advertisement
Back