2024 Roster Discussion

This "suggests" Sir submitted his name to compliance to be added to the non-public baseball portal. Only admin and staff at other schools can access, and unless its announced like Renzo saying see-ya on Twitter, it only becomes known if there's a leak (or rumor)...

...bottom line is that it seems like Cyr is lookin for greener pastures, and someone will likely take the tasty bait. Hope its all baloney.
He loses his Sir if he leaves us, correct?

Advertisement
He loses his Sir if he leaves us, correct?
Season 1 Rules GIF by Amazon Prime Video

New names in the portal from D1: JD Jones, Alex Walsh, Sebastian Perez, and Gaby Gutierrez

Advertisement
If you subtract out the six guys sure to get drafted plus the other three that were honored on Senior Day, 9 of the remaining 26 players had decided to transfer.

If you subtract out the six guys sure to get drafted plus the other three that were honored on Senior Day, 9 of the remaining 26 players had decided to transfer.
This incoming class is good...but not sure there are more than 2-3 that help from day 1 and at a high level.

So we need to get someone in here relatively quickly to hit the portal and put together a makeshift roster for a year. Unfortunately, we are not going to have a shot at a few of the big ones but we can hopefully land a few very good arms that are ready and still have 2-3 years. while getting a few kids who are 4th or 5th year players that have a ton of college ab's or innings that can help.

I know a big down year could be on the table to right the ship. But I also believe it is possible we could stike some gold, maybe a few young guys surprise and maybe we surprise some people.

Returning player depth chart (assuming Yoyo, CJ, Dom, Zach, etc are gone)
C: Perez, Scanlon
1B:
2B:Cyr, Gonzalez
SS:
3B:Torres
OF: Villegas, Carrier, Long
RHP: Ziehl, Ligon, B Walters, Gallo, Chestnutt
LHP: Rafe, Scinta, Crowther, Caba

Advertisement
New names in the portal from D1: JD Jones, Alex Walsh, Sebastian Perez, and Gaby Gutierrez
Does that mean Cyr is NOT in portal (yet, as per rumor)? Dont mind losing a few more zzz's but would give lotsa sugar to keep Sir!

Does that mean Cyr is NOT in portal (yet, as per rumor)? Dont mind losing a few more zzz's but would give lotsa sugar to keep Sir!
I believe the rumor was that *** was trying to get him into the portal, not that he was in the portal at this time.

I believe the rumor was that *** was trying to get him into the portal, not that he was in the portal at this time.
Agreed... but it surfaces issues of "tampering" if one directly or indirectly contacts a player who is NOT in the portal yet...so seemed maybe Cyr already was (as it's not made public in all cases.) Hope you are 110% right of course.

Advertisement
Agreed... but it surfaces issues of "tampering" if one directly or indirectly contacts a player who is NOT in the portal yet...so seemed maybe Cyr already was (as it's not made public in all cases.) Hope you are 110% right of course.
I’m not saying they aren’t trying to get him. They should be. I’m just saying we don’t have word that he’s actually entered. Yet.

UM just posted this. So he’s still not in.

IMG_2303.jpeg

Returning player depth chart (assuming Yoyo, CJ, Dom, Zach, etc are gone)
C: Perez, Scanlon
1B:
2B:Cyr, Gonzalez
SS:
3B:Torres
OF: Villegas, Carrier, Long
RHP: Ziehl, Ligon, B Walters, Gallo, Chestnutt
LHP: Rafe, Scinta, Crowther, Caba
I guess the biggest surprise in the portal so far is Renzo I think he had a really good shot at being the everyday first baseman. The least surprising is JD, if he couldn’t get any playing time behind a guy that hit just over .200 and went something like 0-26/27 in the post season and another guy hitting under .150 he‘s better off giving it a try somewhere else.

I’m not saying they aren’t trying to get him. They should be. I’m just saying we don’t have word that he’s actually entered. Yet.

UM just posted this. So he’s still not in.

View attachment 241901
I try to avoid the exact details of football drama, especially when it occurs during baseball, but am I correct in remembering that TVD was never actually in the portal? It was basically what Pitcher in the Rye is relaying that there’s back channel NIL offers to induce him into the portal.

Advertisement
I guess the biggest surprise in the portal so far is Renzo I think he had a really good shot at being the everyday first baseman. The least surprising is JD, if he couldn’t get any playing time behind a guy that hit just over .200 and went something like 0-26/27 in the post season and another guy hitting under .150 he‘s better off giving it a try somewhere else.
Renzo and the all three of the non Scinta freshman that played collectively being one and done. JD would have definitely been insane not to flee.

I try to avoid the exact details of football drama, especially when it occurs during baseball, but am I correct in remembering that TVD was never actually in the portal? It was basically what Pitcher in the Rye is relaying that there’s back channel NIL offers to induce him into the portal.
Correct, TVD never entered. He was encouraged to do so by third parties. As I’m sure Sir Cyr is as well.

Renzo and the all three of the non Scinta freshman that played collectively being one and done. JD would have definitely been insane not to flee.
Doesn't mean Renzo wouldn't return potentially if the new coach is announced soon, right (assuming, of course, they see eye to eye on PT)?

Advertisement
Back