2024 Race to 300

Thought the same thing. Here’s what I came up with as a general mock of 28 commits, 299.58 (and expecting this to trickle over 300 given some bumps). I think we’re going to have yet again some sizable attrition after this season, so another large class…plus we only signed 23 last season after Cormani and Antoine bolted. Bama signed 27 last class, so this isn’t too far-fetched. Again there are some players that can shake this up big time (Stone being the most obvious one). Here’s how I drew it up with some flips and a decommitment/drop or two from the current class (I think there will be more down the road if our recruiting is as dynamite as people have alluded to).

QB - Judd Anderson
RB - Kevin Riley
RB - Chris Wheatley-Humphrey
OL - Isendre Ahfua
OL - Deryc Plazz
OL - Kavion Broussard
OL - Juan Minaya
WR - Josiah Trader
WR - Lewayne McCoy
WR - Braylon Staley
TE - Elijah Lofton

DL - TA Cunningham
DL - Justin Scott
DL - Aylin Breland
DL - LJ McCray
DL - Dylan Stewart
DL - Wyatt Gilmore
DL - Jayden Jackson
DL - Daylen Russell
LB - Vincent Shavers
LB - Cameron Pruitt
LB - Chris Cole
DB - Ellis Robinson
DB - Jamari Howard
S - Dylan Day
S - Isaiah Thomas
S - Zaquan Patterson
K - Abram Murray
That's an insane DL haul, I had already forgotten about Gilmore who is a stud

Advertisement
That's an insane DL haul, I had already forgotten about Gilmore who is a stud
Yeah and that’s not even considering Stone, Simmons, Lindsay, etc. It’s not a full-fledged prediction on my end, although admittedly there are plenty of names I want in there…more so what a 300-level class would realistically look like with studs + 3-stars in there

The Wayne fiasco was weird but we weren’t the only school to have recruits drop in rankings. It happens, it’s just fans get sensitive. All you have to do is browse Gator or Nole Tears and you will see their fans have the same exact gripes of the ranking services having it out for them.

I’m just saying - whose evaluation do you respect more — Mario’s staff or guys at On3, ESPN and Rivals? Under Manny and previous staphs it was a toss up or lean towards the sites’ scouts. Under Mario, I’m ignoring the site rankings.

I’m just saying - whose evaluation do you respect more — Mario’s staff or guys at On3, ESPN and Rivals? Under Manny and previous staphs it was a toss up or lean towards the sites’ scouts. Under Mario, I’m ignoring the site rankings.
I’m trusting Mario’s evaluations all day, but it’s also well-known that you must have a certain blue-chip ratio in order to be successful. While many recruiting sites throw **** at the wall and hope it sticks, they’re not completely inept. They know what they’re doing.

Advertisement
Gaby did another semi-mock class today.

He only has 1 QB in the class (Anderson)

He has Kevin Riley joining CWH as the backs.

He has Wingo and Trader joining Robinson as the receivers, both with a confidence score of "6" out of 10. He also added Barney with a caveat that they may not take 4 receivers but he sees Barney with a very good chance to stay home.

Lofton as the only TE

OL class of Papa Ahfua (7 out of 10, visiting this weekend), Deryc Plazz (recent Ped St decommit and visited, 7 confidence), and Zuri Madison (6) joining Juan Minaya

DL haul has Justin Scott (7), Aydin Breland (6), Artavius Jones (5), Dylan Stewart (7), and Colin Simmons (4), joining Daylen Russell.

LBs we have 2 commits (Shavers and Pruitt), and says he does see a scenario where we only take 2, but Miami is chasing Adarius Hayes (5) hard.

DB class of Jaylen Heyward (Current UGA commit, visiting this weekend, 6), Slone Laulea (#1 JuCo kid in the country, 7), Ryan Mack (STA kid, 7), and Zaquan Patterson (6), joining Dylan Day and Isaiah Thomas.

Then the kicker commit.

That is a 28 man class with a 308.44 rating, which would have ranked #3 or #4 in every cycle for the past 5 years.

So, according to Gaby.....you're tellin' me there's a chance.

He has Wingo and Trader joining Robinson as the receivers, both with a confidence score of "6" out of 10. He also added Barney with a caveat that they may not take 4 receivers but he sees Barney with a very good chance to stay home.

Lofton as the only TE

OL class of Papa Ahfua (7 out of 10, visiting this weekend), Deryc Plazz (recent Ped St decommit and visited, 7 confidence), and Zuri Madison (6) joining Juan Minaya

DL haul has Justin Scott (7), Aydin Breland (6), Artavius Jones (5), Dylan Stewart (7), and Colin Simmons (4), joining Daylen Russell.

LBs we have 2 commits (Shavers and Pruitt), and says he does see a scenario where we only take 2, but Miami is chasing Adarius Hayes (5) hard.

DB class of Jaylen Heyward (Current UGA commit, visiting this weekend, 6), Slone Laulea (#1 JuCo kid in the country, 7), Ryan Mack (STA kid, 7), and Zaquan Patterson (6), joining Dylan Day and Isaiah Thomas.

Then the kicker commit.

That is a 28 man class with a 308.44 rating, which would have ranked #3 or #4 in every cycle for the past 5 years.

That DL class is stupid.

Lofton as the only TE

Then the kicker commit.

As of now I don’t see us landing all those WRs with Judd, unfortunately. But with Trever…let’s see what happens. Maybe Judd has a nice senior year.

That’s a stupidly elite crop on the D-Line, but wish Jackson was in there. Stewart and Simmons is unfair.

DB class would also be freaky. Sign me up.

Advertisement
Let’s be real, and I hope I eat a ton of crow but that is one HOMER mock. Wingo and Simmons was a bit much

Yeah I agree totally, and again I've said for a while I don't see us getting to 300, but for full context he did have the Simmons confidence at a 4, which was the lowest of any player he included in the class. So I think even he sees that one as the longest of the long shots.

Advertisement

Lofton as the only TE

Then the kicker commit.

added afterwards that he expects a 2 TE class but couldn't peg down a name. Says Miami loves Caleb Odom but doesn't know how that'll shake out.

added afterwards that he expects a 2 TE class but couldn't peg down a name. Says Miami loves Caleb Odom but doesn't know how that'll shake out.
Maybe that 2025 kid Mitchell will reclassify. Think he announced early July. Makes sense to me when Gaby said the 2nd TE is expected to be available

Advertisement
Maybe that 2025 kid Mitchell will reclassify. Think he announced early July. Makes sense to me when Gaby said the 2nd TE is expected to be available
July 8th. Visited Bama June 9th, Oklahoma this past weekend and we're next. Then commit time.

From Oklahoma 247:

That said, spoke to a source this morning who believes a visit to Miami next week around Thursday is still on. While it won't be an 'official', the Canes have plans just like OU to roll out the red carpet best they can. Then, there Alabama still hanging around. Long story short, this visit is more pivotal than ever for the Sooners' top tight target across multiple classes as it could be their last chance to impress before other programs take a shot.

Miller more likely than Wingo. I also had asked D$ if we were gonna take close to 30 guys. With the portal that would probably mean the whole roster is flipped if we do that.

Miller more likely than Wingo. I also had asked D$ if we were gonna take close to 30 guys. With the portal that would probably mean the whole roster is flipped if we do that.

February 2024 will be about 26 months since Mario was hired. I expect 90% of the roster will be guys he brought here, and I expect he’d be happy with that number and it’s likely about what he planned for.

I'd like to take 2 QB's. TVD is likely gone after this year and you are left with 3 QB's if Judd is the only guy they plan on taking. Unless they want to hit the portal for someone since the QB competition will be open.

Advertisement
Back