2024 PFF Big Board - 6 Miami Players

Advertisement
Go find other true sophomore DT's that have better numbers than Taylor. I'll help it's a very short list.

He is a playmaker. Does he need to be more consistent? Sure, most 2nd year DT's do. His quickness is off the charts.

So sick of the Zion slander on this board.

Dude was lightly recruited, got forced into a starting role, worked and got better.

He was fantastic the 2nd half of 2021, preseason All ACC last year. He needs to get healthy

I'm with you on ZIon. I definitely wouldn't put him in a Day 1 or Day 2 mock right now based on health. But he was finally coming along before his injury. If he can stay healthy, he'll be a great LT anchor which would change everything for us on OL. Fingers crossed.

Real knowledge or speculation Jedd? If real then fvck.
Until healthy, I'm saying the same thing re: Zion, Chaney, and Citizen. It's not based on a specific source on their current recovery status; I've no details. But one thing I absolutely don't like to see is a lingering injury, or an old injury that gets re-aggravated easily. Both are terrible signs, and all three appear to suffer from BOTH issues.

Top 100 for 2024 Draft

#22 - Kam Kinchens
#27 - Leonard Taylor
#34 - Zion Nelson
#60 - Akheem Mesidor
#74 - TVD
#84 - James Williams
I’ll rerank for fun

Kam Kitchens - late 1st
Leonard Taylor - late 2nd
Zion Nelson - 4th
TVD - 4th
Mesidor - 5th
JWill - 5th

Advertisement
Comparing to other sophomores doesn't really do much for me because that doesn't mean any of those guys should be declaring for the draft early based off their first two years.

Nobody is saying LT can't pop off this season and become a first rounder. He certainly has the potential. But based off his resume right now, he is not a first rounder.

If he sat this season out he would not be a first rounder, guaranteed. Just like Zion. Zion was a projected top 10 pick this time last year and sat out, and his NFL draft grades were awful after the season.

Its because these preseason mock drafts are based off potential mostly. Brad Kaaya, TVD, Zion, etc all were first round pick projections at some point.

So my statement wasn't really incorrect. As of right now, he hasn't performed like a first round pick.

Players like Caleb Williams, Drake Maya, etc. If they sit out a season, they'll still be first round picks bc they've performed like it already.

LT is mostly potential right now. Which I hope he reaches it.
You said top 3 rounds if we are being accurate.

And how many Sophomores could sit out their junior year and still be a first rounder regardless of position? That isn't a valid argument. Obviously Taylor needs to keep progressing. But that is the entire point of making a projection.

The first round projection is a projection that takes into account his actual production, athleticism, and probable improvement. According to PFF he was one of the top ranked DTs in P5 as far as pass rush success last year.

If you believe that list, you need a spoon lobotomy.
1683248988294.gif

You said top 3 rounds if we are being accurate.

And how many Sophomores could sit out their junior year and still be a first rounder regardless of position? That isn't a valid argument. Obviously Taylor needs to keep progressing. But that is the entire point of making a projection.

The first round projection is a projection that takes into account his actual production, athleticism, and probable improvement. According to PFF he was one of the top ranked DTs in P5 as far as pass rush success last year.
To answer the bolded, the answer is not many. Maybe 3-4 at most, which is my point. LT hasn't produced at that level to be a first rounder yet.

Anyway, yall are cornering me into talking down LT which isn't the case at all. I think its ok hes developing, and think he can have a big season and become a 1st rnd pick.

But the preseason mocks are trash and will be 70% inaccurate.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can’t argue w/ any of that, & I stand corrected. At the time of his commitment or should I say signing, I saw 3 star for ESPN & 247 & Rivals as a two star. Then again, I don’t have the subscription for 247 that breaks down the progression. So I appreciate u putting me in my place on this one. Lol

Regardless, even with how low he is as a 3-star, getting drafted in any rounds is a blessing & truly beating the odds. However, he’s gotta be healthy. I’m still not sure what happened or what his injures truly is. I thought it was supposed to be an off season clean up & then we keep hearing set backs.

Zion Nelson has been on draft lists since 2020. It's wild. I've never seen it in him but a 6'5" 315 pounder with the move skills he showed prior to injury with the volume of LT snaps (even when most of it is bad tape) is intriguing...but I've never seen him put it all together either and he hasn't played in over a year because of a leg. IMO, becoming a mid starter on one of the nation's worst OL was a win enough.

Go check our the commitment thread for him. He was the #209 OT in the nation when he signed with us...people thought he was a preferred walk on. Even the Prince of Positivity, DMoney was like "wtf" at the commitment. And anyone that saw his tape acknowledged the move skills. I even mentioned how he was much better than ElGammel, who we took around the same time. ElGammel played RT against schools with small disabled kids lining up at DE and he still looked **** in HS. Zion was getting to the next level and flattening linebackers or sprinting out to block for his RB. You could see something there.

Until healthy, I'm saying the same thing re: Zion, Chaney, and Citizen. It's not based on a specific source on their current recovery status; I've no details. But one thing I absolutely don't like to see is a lingering injury, or an old injury that gets re-aggravated easily. Both are terrible signs, and all three appear to suffer from BOTH issues.
He isn’t wearing the brace anymore and he looks like he been in the weight room

Advertisement
Top 100 for 2024 Draft

#22 - Kam Kinchens
#27 - Leonard Taylor
#34 - Zion Nelson
#60 - Akheem Mesidor
#74 - TVD
#84 - James Williams
If we manage to go 5-7 with this bunch (2 1st rd, 2 2nd rd, and 2 3s) I may be forced to do a heel turn fr fr.
1683258041417.gif

I’ll rerank for fun

Kam Kitchens - late 1st
Leonard Taylor - late 2nd
Zion Nelson - 4th
TVD - 4th
Mesidor - 5th
JWill - 5th
Jwill has become very underrated on here lol, he was not nearly as bad as some of yall imply

Advertisement
Back