2024 PFF Big Board - 6 Miami Players

Advertisement
Go find other true sophomore DT's that have better numbers than Taylor. I'll help it's a very short list.

He is a playmaker. Does he need to be more consistent? Sure, most 2nd year DT's do. His quickness is off the charts.

So sick of the Zion slander on this board.

Dude was lightly recruited, got forced into a starting role, worked and got better.

He was fantastic the 2nd half of 2021, preseason All ACC last year. He needs to get healthy
I've been a fan of Zion. Unbelievable how much weight he gained so quickly and played so much as a freshman. I hope he's healthy and good enough to play a lot of snaps.

LT has done nothing to be even considered in the 3rd round much less the first round.

Preseason hype for no reason. hopefully the coaches make sure players don't read this **** and let it got their heads.
Lol breese from Clemson just went 1st round and for his career he had 51 tackles, 15 tfls, and 9 sacks. LT in 2 years and has 45 tackles, 19 tfls, 5 sacks, and a pick. So why isn’t LT a 1st rounder?

Advertisement
Let me add this to the myths of CIS. Lol. Zion wasn’t a 2-star recruit. He was a low 3-star, but nevertheless, u’re overall point remains valid knowing how he started here, especially.

I believe he was a 2 star on 247 when he signed with UM (hs only P5 offer) and that got him his 3rd star. He stayed a 2 star on Rivals.

I believe he was a 2 star on 247 when he signed with UM (hs only P5 offer) and that got him his 3rd star. He stayed a 2 star on Rivals.

Yeah, I don’t function w/ Rivals. Lol. They’ve been lost their way. I only go by composite scores which tends to be more accurate; however, yes…when we offered he was a 2 star, but he moved up to a composite 3 star. Regardless, he was ranked outside the top 1000; any player ranked that low & gets drafted is legitimately beating the odds.

Here’s hoping he can stay healthy & fulfill that projection

Let me add this to the myths of CIS. Lol. Zion wasn’t a 2-star recruit. He was a low 3-star, but nevertheless, u’re overall point remains valid knowing how he started here, especially.
He was absolutely a 2-star before he committed to Miami. And even then, his 3-star and numerical grade were basically at the "he's a commitment for a Power 5 team" level (very low 3-star)...they never actually evaluated him.

Advertisement
He was absolutely a 2-star before he committed to Miami. And even then, his 3-star and numerical grade were basically at the "he's a commitment for a Power 5 team" level (very low 3-star)...they never actually evaluated him.
Zion was rated a 3 star by ESPN & 247. Rivals had him as a 2 star.

His total composite was a 3-star.

Advertisement
For the next draft or are you saying there aren’t 6 players total that can go day 1 or 2?
On Miami?

No. Absolutely not.

We have had 6 total over the past 8 drafts lmfao.

I won't judge the 2023 class (true freshmen) until I see them...but other than them...nah...there aren't 6.

Advertisement
Not until he was a Miami commitment.

High School: Rated three-star prospect by ESPN.com and 247Sports.com…Listed as No. 29 player in South Carolina and No. 100 offensive tackle nationally by ESPN.com…Rated No. 39 player in South Carolina by 247Sports.com…Led Sumter to 10-1 record and appearance in Class AAAAA regional semifinals as senior in 2018…Chose Miami over offers from Appalachian State, Coastal Carolina, Campbell, Georgia Southern and Western Kentucky. among others.

Zion visited, was offered, & committed on 12/13/18 & signed 12/18/18. No, 247 nor ESPN bumped him to a 3-star in one day. RIVALS had and has him as a 2-star.

Last edited:
You’re joking right? LT lacks consistency but name a true sophomore who isn’t inconsistent. There aren’t many DT’s with his quickness and athleticism. 19 TFL’s his first two years to go along with 5 sacks in limited starts.

Miami fans are hypercritical of our players. This is the year for LT to earn his money but he’s well on his way to bring a 1st round pick.

I would give it to them to read. He should be disrespected that he isn’t a projected top 5 pick. He’s that talented. There’s no settling or being content with being a fringe 1st round player. He was the number 3 player coming out of HS. Top 5 is the goal!
Comparing to other sophomores doesn't really do much for me because that doesn't mean any of those guys should be declaring for the draft early based off their first two years.

Nobody is saying LT can't pop off this season and become a first rounder. He certainly has the potential. But based off his resume right now, he is not a first rounder.

If he sat this season out he would not be a first rounder, guaranteed. Just like Zion. Zion was a projected top 10 pick this time last year and sat out, and his NFL draft grades were awful after the season.

Its because these preseason mock drafts are based off potential mostly. Brad Kaaya, TVD, Zion, etc all were first round pick projections at some point.

So my statement wasn't really incorrect. As of right now, he hasn't performed like a first round pick.

Players like Caleb Williams, Drake Maya, etc. If they sit out a season, they'll still be first round picks bc they've performed like it already.

LT is mostly potential right now. Which I hope he reaches it.

Advertisement
Back