2024 PFF Big Board - 6 Miami Players

Go check our the commitment thread for him. He was the #209 OT in the nation when he signed with us...people thought he was a preferred walk on. Even the Prince of Positivity, DMoney was like "wtf" at the commitment. And anyone that saw his tape acknowledged the move skills. I even mentioned how he was much better than ElGammel, who we took around the same time. ElGammel played RT against schools with small disabled kids lining up at DE and he still looked **** in HS. Zion was getting to the next level and flattening linebackers or sprinting out to block for his RB. You could see something there.
Just for the record since you mentioned it, I liked Zion and also had him over EGammel:

Searels has failed. And this kid is a lottery ticket. I'm not sugarcoating anything- we suck right now.

But let's give this kid a chance. He shows a lot of athletic ability and twitch. Size 17 feet so he has the right growth profile. Offensive line is an evaluation position- 18 of the 23 Pro Bowl linemen last year were three stars or worse. Most were from totally off the grid.

Again, you can't make a living off the lottery. But let's judge him on his merits. I like him better than the New York kid.

Advertisement
You’re joking right? LT lacks consistency but name a true sophomore who isn’t inconsistent. There aren’t many DT’s with his quickness and athleticism. 19 TFL’s his first two years to go along with 5 sacks in limited starts.

Miami fans are hypercritical of our players. This is the year for LT to earn his money but he’s well on his way to bring a 1st round pick.

I would give it to them to read. He should be disrespected that he isn’t a projected top 5 pick. He’s that talented. There’s no settling or being content with being a fringe 1st round player. He was the number 3 player coming out of HS. Top 5 is the goal!
He’s too inconsistent to be a first rounder right now. He shows flashes then disappears for stretches.

He needs to have Gerald Willis type disruption this year and he’ll likely be a first rounder.

LT has done nothing to be even considered in the 3rd round much less the first round.

Preseason hype for no reason. hopefully the coaches make sure players don't read this **** and let it got their heads.
Idk about that. I think he played well when he was in the game. People complain saying he disappeared a lot, but that was because he was rotated out too much. I hated that Steele rotated guys so much! Pick your #1 guys and play them 80-90 percent of the game’s snaps. We put too many JAGS out there!!

LT has done nothing to be even considered in the 3rd round much less the first round.

Preseason hype for no reason. hopefully the coaches make sure players don't read this **** and let it got their heads.

I don't think Leonard Taylor is at that level YET. But, somewhere between 5 (extreme low end) to 11 (the high end) interior DL are taken in R1-R3 every year. Guys like Leonard Taylor have gone around R3 for many years. That is provided he plays relatively well moving forward and tests at an NFL level. He needs to find his consistency, but he's produced enough and has some really nice splash highlights that show the potential...but he hasn't gotten consistent yet.

(IMO, this has been more of a preparation and motivation issue for Taylor...now that he is in money makin season, hopefully that untaps that consistency...its a big year for him)

Taylor needs to improve his strength and consistency to be a first rounder.

With that said, it’s not like he’s all potential. He has 19 TFLs and 5 sacks in his first two years of college. PFF has his interior pressure rate second only to Calijah Kancey, who just went 19th in a much smaller body.

This year will be huge for Taylor.

Advertisement
He’s too inconsistent to be a first rounder right now. He shows flashes then disappears for stretches.

He needs to have Gerald Willis type disruption this year and he’ll likely be a first rounder.
He was a true sophomore. 19 years old. I don’t know what you guys expect

With that said, it’s not like he’s all potential. He has 19 TFLs and 5 sacks in his first two years of college. PFF has his interior pressure rate second only to Calijah Kancey, who just went 19th in a much smaller body.

Where does PFF ranks both of those players versus the run?

Dude you're being too sensitive if you think by that guy saying that LT is too inconsistent to be an established first rounder after his sophomore year as an insult to LT.

There's only about 3-4 established first rounders after their sophomore season per year. Its not an insult to recognize he is not that. Jadaveon Clowney is a good example of a Dline that was an established 1st round pick after his sophomore season. LT is not there yet.

LT can be a great player, has massive upside, and can absolutely be a first round pick. Apparently in his limited time he has even produced great pass rush numbers despite 2 staffs not starting him full time (why?).

But is he an established first rounder right now? I would say no. Can he become after this season? Absolutely.

Nobody is writing him off.

Just for the record since you mentioned it, I liked Zion and also had him over EGammel:
haha the idea that 5 years ago your thought was "we suck right now" and you fast forward and we still suck is a pain I don't believe we deserve. That ish has got to stop this year.

Advertisement
Warren Sapp.

😂 I get it. I think the inside guys really start taking off their third year right?

I would love to see if other highly rated DTs ever produced early on.

Did u not just see the Colts take Richardson at #4? These NFL man are in love with traits and body types

To add

Kancey had a win rate of 22% which is very elite.

Win rate is a real good indicator for iDL.

Jwill has become very underrated on here lol, he was not nearly as bad as some of yall imply
Tbf he deserves some of the crap he’s been getting, but as it pertains the NFL draft stock, his frame and talent will catch the eye of draft scouts even if he doesn’t play the best

Advertisement
I don't think Leonard Taylor is at that level YET. But, somewhere between 5 (extreme low end) to 11 (the high end) interior DL are taken in R1-R3 every year. Guys like Leonard Taylor have gone around R3 for many years. That is provided he plays relatively well moving forward and tests at an NFL level. He needs to find his consistency, but he's produced enough and has some really nice splash highlights that show the potential...but he hasn't gotten consistent yet.

(IMO, this has been more of a preparation and motivation issue for Taylor...now that he is in money makin season, hopefully that untaps that consistency...its a big year for him)
Look no further than Gervon Dexter from this year. Still went R2 and he hasn’t come close to being consistent/playing up to his position. There’s only so many of those guys in the league. They’re going to get picked high if work ethic, IQ, medicals etc check out.

Look no further than Gervon Dexter from this year. Still went R2 and he hasn’t come close to being consistent/playing up to his position. There’s only so many of those guys in the league. They’re going to get picked high if work ethic, IQ, medicals etc check out.
Mazzi smith from Michigan went 1st round and he hasn’t consistently played up to his physical ability

Advertisement
JW need to add muscle and have a good year. I can see him going higher. Needs to be more physical at the point of contact

interior pressure destroys offenses. In a passing league LT’s skill set is invaluable. He’s capable of 7-8 sacks this year and 15+ TFL’s. If he does that he will be a top 10 pick
Taylor is absolutely a first round talent. He's being projected first round by many and deserves it. If you watch football you know why, granted he still must deliver this year.

Advertisement
Back