2024 PFF Big Board - 6 Miami Players

Taylor is absolutely a first round talent. He's being projected first round by many and deserves it. If you watch football you know why, granted he still must deliver this year.
I just want him to play more snaps. I might get push back on this but he shouldn’t leave the field. 50-60 snaps a game isn’t an unreasonable ask for one of the best players in CFB. If we had elite depth like Georgia I can understand playing 25-35 snaps a game but we don’t. Summer conditioning needs to be priority number 1 for LT. Conditioning is what separates the great from the elite and he’s the man now. No excuses for him playing 50% of the snaps just my opinion

Advertisement
Todd McShay released his early 2024 mock draft.

Has Leonard Taylor a #14.

Screenshot_20230506-150548.png

James Williams Going First Round Top 10 Draft Pick. Bleacher Report or you CLOWNS DONT KNOW TALENT OR HARD WORK. Mind you he played last year with a Torn labrum, a lot of you Crabs would’ve cried to your mommy. He built different and stood on all Ten when a lot of players folded. He snapped in the locker Room after coaches and players let him Down last year and was looked at like he was wrong. It’s Vengeance this Year…

Advertisement
Biggest thing for LT is getting more consistent with taking on blocks, getting up field isn’t a problem at all for him his first step is elite, great quickness and agility but he’s too finesse and not enough power. The first round IDLs and guys that transfer to the nfl well are guys who are violent with their hands, I haven’t seen that mean streak from lt im hoping its this year and i think it will be this defense is perfect for him

#2 most important player on the entire roster. Said it for 5 months now. If he is actually the 14th pick, meaning he plays in 2023 like the 14th overall pick, this defense will be fine.

I concur. The presence of a 14th overall pick performance by LT in 2023 sets the defense.

James Williams Going First Round Top 10 Draft Pick. Bleacher Report or you CLOWNS DONT KNOW TALENT OR HARD WORK. Mind you he played last year with a Torn labrum, a lot of you Crabs would’ve cried to your mommy. He built different and stood on all Ten when a lot of players folded. He snapped in the locker Room after coaches and players let him Down last year and was looked at like he was wrong. It’s Vengeance this Year…

Hope so

Advertisement
Taylor needs to improve his strength and consistency to be a first rounder.

With that said, it’s not like he’s all potential. He has 19 TFLs and 5 sacks in his first two years of college. PFF has his interior pressure rate second only to Calijah Kancey, who just went 19th in a much smaller body.

This year will be huge for Taylor.

It's unfair of me, but I want to see Taylor take over a game like some of our past great DTs. That's why I never saw Stevenson as special to Miami even though he just got drafted in the second round. I want ballers to ball. ... That said, I'll take any improvement in consistency and production.

LTs performance vs UVA is still the best single game performance from last year. In my opinion it was more dominant than KK vs GT.

100%. I just was looking for that in the games that followed. I get you can't always play at that high a level. But he didn't really do much after that.

So we have a Day 1 DT, a Top 5 Edge Rusher and the Best Safety Duo in the country? 15-0! ... Seriously, I still feel the offense is going to win more games in 2023 than the defense, and when we lose games, it will because we can't hold opponents to under 30 points. I really hope LT and JW live up to their 5-star ratings. I know Kam and Akheem will do their part.

Advertisement
So we have a Day 1 DT, a Top 5 Edge Rusher and the Best Safety Duo in the country? 15-0! ... Seriously, I still feel the offense is going to win more games in 2023 than the defense, and when we lose games, it will because we can't hold opponents to under 30 points. I really hope LT and JW live up to their 5-star ratings. I know Kam and Akheem will do their part.

Lol. What people fail to realize is that we've seemingly been playing a handicap defense since Shaq graduated. This is what happens when you field a defense with seemingly no linebackers every game. Some times your pass def is good, sometimes your pass rush is good, sometimes you can stop the run...but there's no consistency when the middle Isn't up to par when it comes to DT/NT/ ILB

Lol. What people fail to realize is that we've seemingly been playing a handicap defense since Shaq graduated. This is what happens when you field a defense with seemingly no linebackers every game. Some times your pass def is good, sometimes your pass rush is good, sometimes you can stop the run...but there's no consistency when the middle Isn't up to par when it comes to DT/NT/ ILB
Excellent point!

Taylor needs to improve his strength and consistency to be a first rounder.

With that said, it’s not like he’s all potential. He has 19 TFLs and 5 sacks in his first two years of college. PFF has his interior pressure rate second only to Calijah Kancey, who just went 19th in a much smaller body.

This year will be huge for Taylor.
He's most definitely on that trajectory, look at Jalen Carter from UGA he just started getting full time snaps his 3rd year. So some people on here need to stop acting like you need to be a finished product heading into their junior year of college at the DT position

Advertisement
Exactly every good defense we had here at the U was when we had good backers

Mention LT as the possible number 1 DT drafted next year.

Defensive tackle

Maason Smith (LSU) vs. Leonard Taylor (Miami)
The early word on the 2024 defensive tackle class is that it's lacking a superstar talent but is full of potential. That aptly describes both Smith and Taylor.

Smith had four sacks in nine games in 2021 but missed all but one quarter of the 2022 season with a torn ACL. The former five-star recruit has huge potential that scouts are excited to see on the field. Taylor, like Smith, was a top prep recruit who scouts believe can break out in 2023. With three sacks last year, the 6-foot-3, 305-pounder has flashed first-step quickness and sneaky agility for his size.

The pressure will be on both to put together solid seasons and realize their potential, but the 20-year-old Smith is a favorite of scouts. As long as his knee is recovered nearly one year after his injury, he could be a top-10 player. He shows really good bend, length and quickness on tape.

My early pick for the top DT: Smith

Advertisement
Back