2024 2024 DL T.A. Cunningham

Los Alamitos (Calif.) four-star defensive lineman T.A. Cunningham had a busy March. During that month, he took unofficial visits to Miami (March 4), Penn State (March 18) and Ohio State.

The Hurricanes, Nittany Lions and Texas A&M are currently standing out to Cunningham. The 6-foot-6.5, 275-pound defender is not rushing a decision, as he hopes to commit before his senior season.

“I’m aware that I’m going towards the end of it and eventually, I will be narrowing down my list,” Cunningham told On3. “But right now, I’m really enjoying it. My recruitment is still open, I’m still open to everybody that trusts in me. That’s really the way it works. I’m interested in those who are interested in me. If a school shows love, I’m gonna show love back.”

According to the four-star, it is more than just the attention a coaching staff shows him. “It’s more about who’s the most straight up with me, who’s the realest and who sees me with the most potential on the defensive line and who’s gonna get me prepared for the next level” said Cunningham, the No. 72 overall prospect and No. 10 defensive lineman in the 2024 On3 Industry Ranking.

Cunningham discusses his interest in Miami and Penn State​

When asked about his Miami visit, Cunningham shared that he “really liked” his time in Coral Gables. Multiple things stand out to him about the Hurricanes.

“They made me feel like family the second I got on campus,” Cunningham said. “The environment, you can’t be mad in Miami. It’s a beautiful place to be, it’s a beautiful place to play, and really, it’s a great place to go and get developed. Coach Joe (Salave’a), I’ve got a great relationship with him. They’ve got Jason Taylor there, a Pro Bowler as defensive ends coach. I don’t see any reason why they can’t compete with anybody else in my recruitment.”

The four-star is aiming to return to Miami in the coming weeks, and may take an official visit there. A key reason for his interest in the Hurricanes is head coach Mario Cristobal.

Cunningham called Cristobal an “amazing” person. He added that they speak “every now and then” and have a good relationship.

“It’s really all good things when I talk to him,” Cunningham said. “We talk about the practices. He catches me up on how their practices went, so I’m aware of what’s going on at the program.”

Advertisement

Los Alamitos (Calif.) four-star defensive lineman T.A. Cunningham had a busy March. During that month, he took unofficial visits to Miami (March 4), Penn State (March 18) and Ohio State.

The Hurricanes, Nittany Lions and Texas A&M are currently standing out to Cunningham. The 6-foot-6.5, 275-pound defender is not rushing a decision, as he hopes to commit before his senior season.

“I’m aware that I’m going towards the end of it and eventually, I will be narrowing down my list,” Cunningham told On3. “But right now, I’m really enjoying it. My recruitment is still open, I’m still open to everybody that trusts in me. That’s really the way it works. I’m interested in those who are interested in me. If a school shows love, I’m gonna show love back.”

According to the four-star, it is more than just the attention a coaching staff shows him. “It’s more about who’s the most straight up with me, who’s the realest and who sees me with the most potential on the defensive line and who’s gonna get me prepared for the next level” said Cunningham, the No. 72 overall prospect and No. 10 defensive lineman in the 2024 On3 Industry Ranking.

Cunningham discusses his interest in Miami and Penn State​

When asked about his Miami visit, Cunningham shared that he “really liked” his time in Coral Gables. Multiple things stand out to him about the Hurricanes.

“They made me feel like family the second I got on campus,” Cunningham said. “The environment, you can’t be mad in Miami. It’s a beautiful place to be, it’s a beautiful place to play, and really, it’s a great place to go and get developed. Coach Joe (Salave’a), I’ve got a great relationship with him. They’ve got Jason Taylor there, a Pro Bowler as defensive ends coach. I don’t see any reason why they can’t compete with anybody else in my recruitment.”

The four-star is aiming to return to Miami in the coming weeks, and may take an official visit there. A key reason for his interest in the Hurricanes is head coach Mario Cristobal.

Cunningham called Cristobal an “amazing” person. He added that they speak “every now and then” and have a good relationship.

“It’s really all good things when I talk to him,” Cunningham said. “We talk about the practices. He catches me up on how their practices went, so I’m aware of what’s going on at the program.”

I feel good about our chances here but he also sounds like a kid who really enjoys the recruiting process and attention. If his listed size is accurate he is an ideal future 3T here with the capacity to be 295-305 and retain lots of athleticism.

Advertisement
DT
Stone
One of TAC or Breland
One of January/D-Rob/T-Rob (bigger 1-tech typeS)

DE
One of Rushing/Stewart/Edwards (dare we dream and land multiple of them?)
Stephenson
Pickett

Mcray, Lumill, J.Johnson, K.Franklin, A.Jones, E.Williams maybe factor in as well!

Doing a great job there it appears but I’m not penciling an elite DL from MS that is wanted by everyone until he signs.

But yes, if we land those 3 along with Pickett and another bluechip edge then I’d be more excited for that than the OL class we just signed.
Too many 3techs tho but most of the DTs in this year class are smaller guys

DT
Stone
One of TAC or Breland
One of January/D-Rob/T-Rob

DE
One of Rushing/Stewart/Edwards (dare we dream and land multiple of them?)
Stephenson
Pickett

Mcray, Lumill, J.Johnson, K.Franklin, A.Jones, E.Williams maybe factor in as well!
We in it for January?

Advertisement
Doing a great job there it appears but I’m not penciling an elite DL from MS that is wanted by everyone until he signs.

But yes, if we land those 3 along with Pickett and another bluechip edge then I’d be more excited for that than the OL class we just signed.
I really like that Robinson kid from the Daytona area. Seems like we really nailed the visit he just had too. Feel like our odds there are way better than landing Franklin who will be given major bags from the deliverance network down in the Deep South.

Advertisement
Advertisement
shocked holy shit GIF

Advertisement
Back