2024 2024 DL T.A. Cunningham

TK Cunningham, who’s already a national recruit and should be an impact freshman next fall, was also offered by the Canes.

“I loved the atmosphere and the coaching staff,” Cunningham said. “It was great to meet Jason Taylor, he’s someone I looked up to when I was younger and we had a great conversion.

“I was meeting with him and coach Cristobal and after we talked for awhile, they told me I had an offer and I was super excited. I felt a real family vibe there and I’m excited to continue to build a relationship with the coaches. It’s obviously very early for me still but I really like Miami a lot and look forward to going back for a game at some point.”

Cunningham’s older brother TA already held an offer from the Canes but he said the staff made a point to let him know he’s a priority for the staff.

“Miami is just different,” Cunningham said. “Coach Joe said everyone calls it the ‘state of Miami,’ because even in Florida, Miami has it’s own vibe and it’s own culture there. It’s a melting pot of different cultures and races and I loved it there.

“Coach Joe and coach Cristobal have been trying to get me to visit for a long time and they showed me a lot of love. They’re both really easy to talk with and coach Cristobal is probably the coolest coach I’ve ever talked with. They see me as a Miami type of guy and I see it too and I think I would fit in really well there.”

-
247's Greg Biggins Miami Junior Day Update on both TK & TA Cunningham

Advertisement
TK Cunningham, who’s already a national recruit and should be an impact freshman next fall, was also offered by the Canes.

“I loved the atmosphere and the coaching staff,” Cunningham said. “It was great to meet Jason Taylor, he’s someone I looked up to when I was younger and we had a great conversion.

“I was meeting with him and coach Cristobal and after we talked for awhile, they told me I had an offer and I was super excited. I felt a real family vibe there and I’m excited to continue to build a relationship with the coaches. It’s obviously very early for me still but I really like Miami a lot and look forward to going back for a game at some point.”
I just created a thread on TK. Didn't know he was his brother. I will update the OP.

Advertisement

Cunningham’s older brother TA already held an offer from the Canes but he said the staff made a point to let him know he’s a priority for the staff.

“Miami is just different,” Cunningham said. “Coach Joe said everyone calls it the ‘state of Miami,’ because even in Florida, Miami has it’s own vibe and it’s own culture there. It’s a melting pot of different cultures and races and I loved it there.

“Coach Joe and coach Cristobal have been trying to get me to visit for a long time and they showed me a lot of love. They’re both really easy to talk with and coach Cristobal is probably the coolest coach I’ve ever talked with. They see me as a Miami type of guy and I see it too and I think I would fit in really well there.”

-
247's Greg Biggins Miami Junior Day Update on both TK & TA Cunningham

Solid. Sounds open in his recruitment

Edit: thought this was TA

Advertisement
It’s early, but I like our chances with this kid.

He seems like the type that his recruitment won’t really start until NSD, like regardless of who gets his early verbal he’ll be open til pen hits paper, but that’s just my perception.

Either way, if we’re now supposed to be a premier recruiting program with a recruiter 1st HC, should we then expect to win a battle like this or not?

It’s early, but I like our chances with this kid.

He seems like the type that his recruitment won’t really start until NSD, like regardless of who gets his early verbal he’ll be open til pen hits paper, but that’s just my perception.

Either way, if we’re now supposed to be a premier recruiting program with a recruiter 1st HC, should we then expect to win a battle like this or not?
Long time lurker first post and under one of my favorite posters post. Quick story I work at the courthouse in Atlanta one day last fall this huge guy comes in and I help him and we talk about sports and I tell him I’m a huge canes fan he lights up and says you know who my son is then? I said no he shows me and it’s TA’s highlight film I said send him to the “U” he smiled and said we love Miami and coach Cristobal.

Advertisement
Long time lurker first post and under one of my favorite posters post. Quick story I work at the courthouse in Atlanta one day last fall this huge guy comes in and I help him and we talk about sports and I tell him I’m a huge canes fan he lights up and says you know who my son is then? I said no he shows me and it’s TA’s highlight film I said send him to the “U” he smiled and said we love Miami and coach Cristobal.
Appreciate you!

The fact he’s a Georgia kid who seemingly has little to no interest in the SEC powers should bode well for us. We can sell him on early Playing time & being a Star here in Miami & if Big Dave is helping facilitate his recruitment while he’s out at Los Alamitos that’s another plus for us.

Thank you for the insight & post more!

Advertisement
It's been so long since our run of commitments last year that made this dope class that I forgot how Mario gets down. He's going to get elite guys on board again for 24. Can't wait until this elite recruiting translates to success.

Advertisement
Back