2023 Transfer QBs

Advertisement
I’m nervous that if both leave, that ultimately means that Mario did not convey that he was taking the right types of actions to convince them to stay.

Give me him or the Mikey Keene kid. He’s short but he’s smart & seems to get the ball where it needs to go. Also has an edge to him that his teammates seem to feed of of which this pro’grum needs. He won’t play in the NFL. I don’t care.
Yea...No. lol

Give me him or the Mikey Keene kid. He’s short but he’s smart & seems to get the ball where it needs to go. Also has an edge to him that his teammates seem to feed of of which this pro’grum needs. He won’t play in the NFL. I don’t care.
Keene has a literal noodle arm and he’s small. For sure no

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wonder who the overall top transfer QB will end up being?

Hudson Card from TX
Hank Bachmeir from Boise
Jeff Sims from GT
Cade McNamara from Michigan

I assume there will be a major surprise even a TVD if he decides to dip

I wonder who the overall top transfer QB will end up being?

Hudson Card from TX
Hank Bachmeir from Boise
Jeff Sims from GT
Cade McNamara from Michigan

I assume there will be a major surprise even a TVD if he decides to dip
Does Brennan Armstrong still have a COViD year? If so, he’s a candidate.

TTech is Kittley’s home, he’s from Lubbock, played there & coached there to begin his career, his Dad coached there too.

I would imagine Caleb probably declares for the draft after this season, but even so still I could see Moss hitting the Portal because Riley will definitely be more partial to Malachi Nelson over him. In that event, I would guess he stays out West.

I think if we hit the Portal for a QB we need a vet who was productive at whichever school he was at before.
Caleb Williams is not draft eligible in 2023

Advertisement
It seems like the purge is coming (not saying that's the right or wrong move) and the QB room has a decent shot at getting flipped over with 2 of our QBs probably leaving (IMO).

I'm all in on an impact 2023 transfer but if we get one, go get me a dual threat QB that can throw. Yes I'm aware those don't grow on trees but some interesting guys:

Dequan Finn (Toledo...coached by Jason Candle)
2021: Threw for 18 TDs to only 2 INTs and 502 rushing yards. 57% completion rate.
2022: Slightly improved his completion rate to 59%. Has thrown waaaay more picks this year, 21 TDs/10 INTs, but continues to progress as a passer. True rushing threat with 530 yards rushing already this season.
Interesting article on him: https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/...ill-transfer-slap-in-face/stories/20221018129'

Kurtis Rourke (Ohio)
2022: 3k passing yards, 24 TDs, 4 INTs. Only 233 yards rushing but has had some decent rushing games (64 yards against NIU, 45 yards against Buffalo, etc).
https://www.thepostathens.com/artic...tball-buffalo-bulls-win-kurtis-rourke-maction

Jalon Daniels (Kansas)
I'm sure everyone is going to try to push for him but he may be happy in Kansas assuming Leipold stays. This would be an absolute no brainer but probably a longshot.

Jalen Milroe (Bama)
Assumed starter for Bama next year when Bryce declares for the NFL but Bama will have a ton of options to pick from. Played good-ish against this year in relief for Bryce. If they don't feel he's ready and he loses the job does he look elsewhere? Risky player considering he won't have the talent he had at Bama but high upside potential.

Brock Vandagriff (Georgia)
Does he win the job next year over Gunner and Carson? Seems likely. If he doesn't though because Georgia decides to go transfer QB w/ experience....then all in.

It would be a nice touch if our next OC brought in his QB.,
Feel like we should be snagging OC first, then going for QB. In turn, that means firing Gattis now.

Problem is we don’t want to pay him, we’d rather him find a job so we can avoid that. Let’s see what happens first, because above all is time…and it’s ticking.

Advertisement
Were going to have to pay a ton because mario will destroy your nfl draft status as a qb

Feel like we should be snagging OC first, then going for QB. In turn, that means firing Gattis now.

Problem is we don’t want to pay him, we’d rather him find a job so we can avoid that. Let’s see what happens first, because above all is time…and it’s ticking.
And this will tell me what I need to know about whether this program has truly changed. If we are saying we are all in on putting money in, investing in the future, and wont pay the buyout for someone that is a huge problem for the team then it hasn't changed much. Still penny pinching.

And this will tell me what I need to know about whether this program has truly changed. If we are saying we are all in on putting money in, investing in the future, and wont pay the buyout for someone that is a huge problem for the team then it hasn't changed much. Still penny pinching.
I thought about that…but I think Mario believed he could recruit around it. I mean it’s worked up until this point.

Now, I’m in the camp that Rashada flipped because of money, not because of Gattis. Certainly a weird spot to be in if you’re Mario - If something else happens where we get another de-commitment on the offensive side of the ball, maybe you can him. It’s a tough cat and mouse game though, and dangerous.

Advertisement
Back